• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a question for you guys... And I'm sure it has been asked before

I've recently started to run into faction missions that sort of clash together. I've got 1 mission from the Institute to attack Bunker Hill to reclaim Synths, and another mission from the Railroad to free a bunch of Synths. And I've been told from Desmonda that keeping the Bunker Hill contact safe is a priority. So I am getting the sense that I will need to "pick a side" at some point in my near future. I am struggling to decide which path to take. I haven't done much for the Institute so I kind of want to get further along with them before I finish the Railroad quest, which seems to be an ultimatum to the Institute. I could be wrong about that.

So that brings me to my main question. Which faction did you ultimately choose, and why? I am sort of leaning on the Railroad. Although the neutral Minutemen seems kinda legit. BOS & the Institute seem sort of lopsided and hard to side with. I wish I didn't have to choose because I really enjoy exploring everything that the game has to offer, so I've been prolonging some quests just to avoid making the choice.

I've only finished the game once but basically you'll can go fairly far along before you actually have to take sides. You may end up taking on missions for all of them in order to progress the story. I could tell you more but I don't want to tell you anymore.. Just don't kill any of the individuals of any faction and you'll be ok for while (although I'm sure there are ways to screw that up.). The game tends to tell you if you making an irreversible action.

As far as which one to take, it's up to you. I went with the railroad on the first go round but there doesn't seem to be any perfect options (Other than the one in the clip I guess)

I'm playing another game to find out some of the differences.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been at this point for a long time, I just haven't been able to decide which faction to support lol. Been doing a ton of exploring/companion bonding/misc. quests in the mean time. But I think it's about time I choose.

Without guides, I think I've done enough to keep the Minutemen on my side, no matter what. Besides that, it's not looking anyone else can live while the other does as well. The Institute is really cool and
I'm still skeptical/curious about my "son"
. But something still just doesn't feel right with them. I jumped into the Railroad late, so I wasn't TOO attached to them, until the mass breakout quest which now has me invested. The Brotherhood, I've always been attached to them for some reason, and it probably goes back to my FO3 days, when they equipped me with the tools to finally defeat super mutants the first time. Even though, they are clearly the most corrupt/short sighted.

I will definitely go down different paths in 2nd and 3rd play throughs. I'll probably roll with either the Institute or Railroad this time through.
I'm probably going to start doing the same thing with the exploring & companion bonding. If this mass breakout is the beginning to the end, then this was far too short a game and I still have 25% of the map unexplored. Like I said before, I want to see everything that the game has to offer!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost done getting the companion perks, moving along at level 86.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was far along as well, but apparently I am still just a rook. I am at about level 80 but I still haven't even found the institute yet (I think I am on the verge - I am on my way to meet Virgil for the second time). I am fully invested in the Minutemen, so I doubt I will betray them when the time comes. I don't care about the BOS at all, so I will send them down the river in a second if I need to. I kinda like the railroad, but I am not really connected to them. I can't imagine siding with the institute, but I haven't heard their side yet, so who knows.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoS, is something I want to destroy, they are just so annoying.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Level 80's. Holy patience Batman!

I thought I was being good waiting into the high 30's to finish. With the sneak perks maxed out, the game was already ridiculously too easy on normal. I can't imagine going up another 40 + levels.

I am planning on trying for more follower perks in my second playthrough though.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a question for you guys... And I'm sure it has been asked before

I've recently started to run into faction missions that sort of clash together. I've got 1 mission from the Institute to attack Bunker Hill to reclaim Synths, and another mission from the Railroad to free a bunch of Synths. And I've been told from Desmonda that keeping the Bunker Hill contact safe is a priority. So I am getting the sense that I will need to "pick a side" at some point in my near future. I am struggling to decide which path to take. I haven't done much for the Institute so I kind of want to get further along with them before I finish the Railroad quest, which seems to be an ultimatum to the Institute. I could be wrong about that.

So that brings me to my main question. Which faction did you ultimately choose, and why? I am sort of leaning on the Railroad. Although the neutral Minutemen seems kinda legit. BOS & the Institute seem sort of lopsided and hard to side with. I wish I didn't have to choose because I really enjoy exploring everything that the game has to offer, so I've been prolonging some quests just to avoid making the choice.

The Bunker Hill mission is when I created an extra save file, and I'm glad I did. Saving at that point allowed me to finish the story with one faction, then when complete I reloaded from that point and finished with another faction. Doing so allowed me to complete each quest line without having to completely start over and expedited my quest for the platinum PS4 trophy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Level 80's. Holy patience Batman!

I thought I was being good waiting into the high 30's to finish. With the sneak perks maxed out, the game was already ridiculously too easy on normal. I can't imagine going up another 40 + levels.

I am planning on trying for more follower perks in my second playthrough though.

Playing at a harder level definitely helps but I stopped myself at level 40..

I ran into an issue with either the sneak modes or shadow armor where I couldn't see myself which was damm annoying.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing at a harder level definitely helps but I stopped myself at level 40..
I play at survival and I intentionally play at a snails pace. I love finding as many of the unmarked gems as I can.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also implemented what settler's current job is, which is great!

I didn't notice that.

I was just dressing them differently so I knew. I gave all vendors a patched 3-piece suit and they wore a bandana. They were still still called "settler", "minuteman" or "provisioner", though...

I thought you guys were drunk but I got the patch last night. DO you play on Xbox, maybe you got the patch before PS4.
This makes things easier. You could highlight a settler and where he was assigned would be highlighted as well, but if they were near their assignment you couldnt tell. Either way this is much better.
Smart idea with dressing them differently.
The main story mission I can do now is The Glowing Sea, but I haven't started it. I set up some artillery last night.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play at survival and I intentionally play at a snails pace. I love finding as many of the unmarked gems as I can.

I like to explore too but I prefer the multiple runs method if only because I'll always forget something.

(I forgot to get Virgil his serum in my first game)

Plus for me, the game to the first 20 levels or so is often the most challenging.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the change with jobs as well at the settlements which is great. Even though all my people wear party hats or dresses depending on jobs.

I spent the other day finally building towers in all my settlements. Tie up the trade route with the first person that shows and build more. I also see people are self assigning themselves, which I didn't think happened. Planted a bunch of crops at an empty settlement, came back when it had a few people and they were assigned to them already.

Just made a new save and took the railroad path. We will see how that goes.

I now have 6 power armors parked side by side in my home settlement. Need to start using them.

And think I'll try the glowing sea. I found 2 sets of hazmat suits I can throw on.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably going to start doing the same thing with the exploring & companion bonding. If this mass breakout is the beginning to the end, then this was far too short a game and I still have 25% of the map unexplored. Like I said before, I want to see everything that the game has to offer!

Well, I've been dicking around exploring the last few days, still avoiding "the decision". I was doing some radiant quests for the Railroad and doing some more Brotherhood quests (up through blind betrayal). But now I think I've officially reached the point where I can't go any further in any quest lines. Institute isn't offering me anything. The Railroad isn't offering me anything, and PAM refuses to talk to me thinking I've been compromised (I can't even turn in one of her quests). The Brotherhood's quest leads to destruction. Hell, even the Minutemen aren't offering anything (may be a coincidence). Seems like I've reached the crossroads.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my unique collection:

Power Armor Frames: 16

Perfectly Preserved Pies: 5

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've been dicking around exploring the last few days, still avoiding "the decision". I was doing some radiant quests for the Railroad and doing some more Brotherhood quests (up through blind betrayal). But now I think I've officially reached the point where I can't go any further in any quest lines. Institute isn't offering me anything. The Railroad isn't offering me anything, and PAM refuses to talk to me thinking I've been compromised (I can't even turn in one of her quests). The Brotherhood's quest leads to destruction. Hell, even the Minutemen aren't offering anything (may be a coincidence). Seems like I've reached the crossroads.
Am I correct in assuming that the "decision" comes at the battle of Bunker Hill? Or is there a way to navigate that quest and not burn any bridges? Right now I have to finish a quest from the railroad that is preparing for the big "freeing of the synths" or whatever its called. But I have the Battle of Bunker Hill also waiting in the wings where I have to retrieve freed synths for the Institute. Both are very contradictory to one another so I fear finishing either quest.

As far as the brotherhood missions... I've got almost all of it done. I still have the scribe & script missions but I don't feel like they are important. They are sort of like the Minutemen missions where they are never-ending. Or at least that's what I've assumed, could be wrong. Do missions like that ever stop? I just talked to some senior scribe under the Prydwen quarters that now allows me to take blood samples. Not sure if that is very important either. Basically like collecting Tech Docs for the other dude in there. Worthy of collecting if I'm in need of caps, but so far I haven't been using caps very much at all. I'm over 30k caps deep and rarely use them to buy since everything has been so plentiful with scavenging. I'm sure that will change at some point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found the infinite ammo combat rifle. Don't ask where I found it, because I won't remember lol.
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't have much perk pts invested in gun nut so I was only able to upgrade the sumbech to just over 100 damage points, and the range to over 200. With all my perks I get around 5-6 AP's with it. Sneak attacks around 3x the damage.

I've been mowing through the commonwealth ever since. It's a beast... and easily my new favorite gun.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my unique collection:

Power Armor Frames: 16

Perfectly Preserved Pies: 5
Never encountered a preserved pie? lol.

I have 8 Power Armor Frames.

For some reason I was collecting those Jangles Moon Monkey dolls thinking it was some sort of easter egg lol. I have 20 of the stupid things in a cabinet on my settlement. After seeing them respawn at locations that I've had to reclear, I decided to stop collecting them lol. Same thing with the trifold american flags.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I correct in assuming that the "decision" comes at the battle of Bunker Hill? Or is there a way to navigate that quest and not burn any bridges? Right now I have to finish a quest from the railroad that is preparing for the big "freeing of the synths" or whatever its called. But I have the Battle of Bunker Hill also waiting in the wings where I have to retrieve freed synths for the Institute. Both are very contradictory to one another so I fear finishing either quest.

As far as the brotherhood missions... I've got almost all of it done. I still have the scribe & script missions but I don't feel like they are important. They are sort of like the Minutemen missions where they are never-ending. Or at least that's what I've assumed, could be wrong. Do missions like that ever stop? I just talked to some senior scribe under the Prydwen quarters that now allows me to take blood samples. Not sure if that is very important either. Basically like collecting Tech Docs for the other dude in there. Worthy of collecting if I'm in need of caps, but so far I haven't been using caps very much at all. I'm over 30k caps deep and rarely use them to buy since everything has been so plentiful with scavenging. I'm sure that will change at some point.

I think so, that's where I'm at. And the Brotherhood's point of no return quest is "Tactical Thinking" I think.

All those Minutemen and Scribe quests are called "radiant quests". They never run out, they will always replenish. I really only use it for the XP.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only played a bit in the last week or so...

I finally got into the institute, and so far, they do seem pretty cool. I am not sure which hard decisions I need to make yet, but if I have to choose only 2 factions to stay with right now, I think I would go with Minutemen and Institute. I dont really like the BoS and the RR is worthless. Just a bunch of tree-hugging hippies...

They should give us the opportunity to join the Children of Atom...