• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position by position breakdown NIners & Ravens

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm omitting QB because people go all crazy about QBs...

Which team has the better starting players?

O-line: Niners. Easy. In both aspects of blocking.
RBs: Niners. Easy. Better starters; better backups.
WRs: Ravens. Not by a bunch.
TE: Duh

D-line: Niners. Despite Justin's injury, I'm giving SF a slight edge. Great at both DE spots and good at NT. The Ravens have a little more depth, but they're gonna use Aldon at the 3 technique a little. :)

ILBs: Duh
OLBs: Niners. Aldon > Suggs; Brooks > Upshaw, Kruger, etc,

CBs: Niners. 3 good ones. In fact, I think Brown, Rogers & Culliver are all better than any of the CBs on the roster who is not currently on injured reserve.

Safties: Wash. I'd give the edge to the Niners, but Reed is an all-time great playing in his last game. He's still a great player. And Goldson has been a little reckless lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicker/Punter: 9ers on Punter, I think anyone would better than Akers at this point...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

D-line: Niners. Despite Justin's injury, I'm giving SF a slight edge. Great at both DE spots and good at NT. The Ravens have a little more depth, but they're gonna use Aldon at the 3 technique a little. :)

CBs: Niners. 3 good ones. In fact, I think Brown, Rogers & Culliver are all better than any of the CBs on the roster who is not currently on injured reserve.

Safties: Wash. I'd give the edge to the Niners, but Reed is an all-time great playing in his last game. He's still a great player. And Goldson has been a little reckless lately.

the 49ers are favored for a reason......no, make that reasonS.

yes, only on paper, and why they play the games. Baltimore didn't get to the superbowl by playing poorly. they certainly had the harder road.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The underlined section is a little bit surprising coming from someone who is very high on Ngata

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about the QB?

Flaco will feel some pressure in this game. We can't allow Torrey to go Julio Jones on us early. Not w/ that defense protecting a lead. If Flaco's able to just manage the game, we're not going to get that lucky fumble that Matt Ryan somehow gifted us. He'll stay away from the interception.

I think this one's close. Normally would lean towards the vet QB, but Kaep can't be feeling too much pressure right now after what he just did.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh sorry, I didn't read your first line!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore over Rice?

Baltimore WRs only slightly better than SF WRs? The Niners have (essentially) only 2 WRs on the roster. Sure, I would put Crab against almost anyone, but Moss is only a servicable #2, and we got nothing after that. Unless you are considering Davis and James WRs...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore over Rice?

Baltimore WRs only slightly better than SF WRs? The Niners have (essentially) only 2 WRs on the roster. Sure, I would put Crab against almost anyone, but Moss is only a servicable #2, and we got nothing after that. Unless you are considering Davis and James WRs...

yep, Gore isn't better than Rice now straight up. but we're better at RB factoring in LMJ, boy can he accelerate!

lets not underestimate Pitta.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baltimores Pierce is pretty good too. I think RB is only slightly in our favor. Pretty darn close IMO

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baltimore over us in the RB department. Now if we still had Hunter...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the teams are pretty evenly matched. I'll agree that O-line is clearly our, other postions are pretty much neck and neck to me. The team that shows up will win.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baltimore over us in the RB department. Now if we still had Hunter...

This - Especially when you factor in Rice as a receiving threat.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the teams are pretty evenly matched. I'll agree that O-line is clearly our, other postions are pretty much neck and neck to me. The team that shows up will win.

We CLEARLY win OL, LB and punting.

They CLEARLY win FG kicking, and I think WR.

Close in QB, DL, DB, RB...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We CLEARLY win OL, LB and punting.

They CLEARLY win FG kicking, and I think WR.

Close in QB, DL, DB, RB...

I left punting out (force of habit, that's a given for us) but LBer, IDK. Our guys are great but theirs make plays, too. They come up big in big moments. Over a season, def ours. For one game...too close, IMO.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We're the overall better team but it's the Super Bowl and both teams are talented and playing at a high level.

Being more talented gives you an edge but a lot more goes into winning and losing when it these games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't see how anyone would think Rice is a better RB than Gore.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who gives a shit if he is better - he is more dangerous in their offense than Gore is in ours.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

right here and now i do think so.

are you thinking some other time frame? even if you're not, no problem here. i have nothing against Gore, nothing at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

as usual, the one with more mistakes will lose, and it won't take many mistakes to lose this game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
right here and now i do think so.

are you thinking some other time frame? even if you're not, no problem here. i have nothing against Gore, nothing at all.

No, I mean right now. I think Gore is absolutely a better player than Ray Rice right now.