• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Shows That You Never Cared for and Why?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Walking Dead - My wife and kids are all into it so I watched the first season and a couple of the 2nd last weekend when she was out of town. It's ok but maybe binging isn't the way to go with it. It seemed very repetitive. Does that get better ?

Friends - Seinfeld for people with an under-developed sense of humor. No thanks.

Lost - I don't remember how far I made it with this one... maybe a season or so. I realized they were just going to keep introducing new "mysteries" without ever resolving anything. I bailed.

Homeland - After a terrific 1st season it fell off a cliff during the 2nd with some ludicrous twists and turns... at least for me. I've never seen a once great show fall so far so fast. I've heard it got better the past year or 2. Too late.

Game of Thrones - Another fav of my family. I just can't get into it. I've tried a couple of times. Maybe it's me... same with TWD. The 3 in between above just suck though.

Could not agree more about Homeland. From a fantastic first season to crap so fast. I "worked" my way through season 2 but when the first two of season 3 sucked I was done.

Game of Thrones is pretty much like TWD to me. In a run of 10 there are 3 or so really bad ones, 3, or so really good ones, and the rest OK. I think both shows when they have a good episode, they can be really great so for now I watch. Partly because my wife wants to watch both. If TWD has a 2nd half of the season like the first, I might be done.

And as far as Big Bang Theory, beside looking at the girls, Jim Parsons is the only reason to watch. Hes fantastic in that role. If it was a drama show Parson's performance would be thought of as one of the all time greats. I'm not saying the show is any good.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mash comes to mind. Probably was a lot better for people who grew up with it.

Family Guy needs to stop but I think thats a pretty popular opinion.

How I Met Your Mother is. the. worst.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reality show. I made it partway through the first Survivor and was at least going to watch the until the end but couldn't make it.
I am with you on the reality show crap other than Ink Master. I don't really get the shit talk between contestants when you should just do the best tattoo every time and hope its better than everyone else but these idiots talk shit like they are playing a sport. What I watched for was how amazing some of the tats were and I was extremely impressed because in a million years, I could NEVER create such cool artwork. I simply don't know how they do it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones: I read the first book and George R.R Martin is seriously disturbed, he spends a crazy amount of time going into detail about sex acts with Children. Anything that ever has that dude attached in anyway will never have my support.

Chuck: I thought the first season was funny, but it went down hill very fast

Heroes: I was tired of that show before it ever aired because of the over done "Save the Cheerleader, save the world" shit

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld-I actually gave some reruns another chance lately (because when I turned on the tv it was on, and I was too lazy to change the channel), and I enjoyed it a little. Then I realized I just don't like Jerry Seinfeld... I enjoy the other characters, just not him. So, agree with the op, not about Robin Williams though, can eff off if you don't think he's funny...

Lost-I probably never gave it enough of a chance, what I did see just wasn't enough to get me interested. Full disclosure, I probably didn't want to give it a chance because I had a roommate at the time who was obnoxiously obsessed with it, and always trying to push it on everyone...

30 Rock-Always pissed me off because I though 3rd Rock was on when I saw the title.

24-Just never got into it. Another one I probably didn't give enough of a chance to, just not what I look for in a TV show I guess.

Game of Thrones-I've tried so many times, I can never get more than about 15 minutes in before I find myself doing something else, or just not paying attention.

American Horror Story-kind of agree with the OP on this one, it's worth adding to my list because I liked the first season so much, and I haven't made it through more than half of a season since (half referring to season two, it's more like two episodes with everything else... I mean, what the hell was with the aliens in season 2? Just weird and ruined the story for me...)

There's other shows I don't care for, but these are the ones off the top of my head that I didn't like that people seemed to be into.
Robin Williams had his moments and I definitely don't hate the guy, I just rarely got a real good laugh from his craziness. I should watch more of his old standup and see if I does anything because I haven't seen any in a loooong time.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of Thrones: I read the first book and George R.R Martin is seriously disturbed, he spends a crazy amount of time going into detail about sex acts with Children. Anything that ever has that dude attached in anyway will never have my support.

Chuck: I thought the first season was funny, but it went down hill very fast

Heroes: I was tired of that show before it ever aired because of the over done "Save the Cheerleader, save the world" shit
That show was really confusing in the beginning. Also, I have a problem with not paying attention to characters names and as fast as things happened on that show, I didn't know who the fuck they were talking about half the time. If it wasn't for Claire's hotness, I wouldn't had kept watching.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That show was really confusing in the beginning. Also, I have a problem with not paying attention to characters names and as fast as things happened on that show, I didn't know who the fuck they were talking about half the time. If it wasn't for Claire's hotness, I wouldn't had kept watching.

Yet not hot enough to get me to ever watch Nashville

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I watch The Walking Dead mainly because we enjoy making fun of the characters. Especially Rick. I don't care for blood and guts or how they can fight off a group of zombies by swinging something as hard as they can for 10 minutes without getting tired. I find it as funny as car chases in movies and how they always upshift but you never hear a downshift.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Law and Order: SVU- How the hell could someone enjoy watching a show where little kids are sexually abused and women are raped almost every episode? Its depressing. Not only that but its funny to me how crime shows always seem to figure out exactly what happened at a crime scene just by having 1 conversation with others where they each add their accurate info 1 sentence at a time with each person taking a tern.
This is dead on. I can't watch SVU either.

Parks and Recreation: Amy Poehler is incredibly annoying.

America's Got Talent/So You Think You Can Dance/American Idol: I'll never understand how talent and karaoke contests became primetime television.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Andy Samberg is incredibly annoying.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back further in time. The prime-time soap operas, Dallas and Dynasty. Never cared for Fantasy Island or Love Boat either. True, I was at work one morning (I worked the night shift) when the day crew arrived and everybody was wanting to know who shot J.R. I was like who in the hell is J.R and it wasn't me... :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen the show Scorpion? Just awful. Its like the cast of American Pie goes on a PG quest to do Macgyver things

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I met Your Mother. Godawful show, I don't understand how people find it to be funny.

Modern Family. Oh, cool, a show where 15 of the 20 minutes feature a fat gay guy and a bearded red-head gay guy bickering, exactly what I want to watch. If it weren't for Al Bundy, this show would already be off the air.

Entourage. Just pathetic. Any guy who admits to watching that needs his nuts cut off

Everybody Loves Raymond. The first season was mildly amusing; it was beyond played out after that, same shit every episode. As it would turn out, Ray Romano actually isn't that funny after all.

American Idol. Stupid. Please go away already

Survivor. Zzzzzzzzz

Bob's Burgers. Awful animation, unfunny and annoying characters, lame storyline.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen the show Scorpion? Just awful. Its like the cast of American Pie goes on a PG quest to do Macgyver things
I watched up until the beach episode in season 1.

A show about genius's...

Where everyone is a moron.

Smart people do not estimate to fractions of a second.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched up until the beach episode in season 1.

A show about genius...

Were everyone is a moron.

Smart people do not estimate to fractions of a second.
I'm actually firmly convinced that the show is secretly made for potheads

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually firmly convinced that the show is secretly made for potheads
Maybe. You would have to be high to be attracted to that Asian chic.

Can you imagine getting a BJ from her? She never releases her jaw when she talks. That would HURT!!!

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I Met Your Mother: Looks like a bunch of fuckers trying to delay the inevitable. Just tell me how you met the goddamn mother and save everyone 5 years of bullshit.

How they could cast that fruit as a player was beyond me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I watch The Walking Dead mainly because we enjoy making fun of the characters. Especially Rick. I don't care for blood and guts or how they can fight off a group of zombies by swinging something as hard as they can for 10 minutes without getting tired. I find it as funny as car chases in movies and how they always upshift but you never hear a downshift.
The best way to watch Walking Dead is to binge watch in a dark room. The atmosphere builds and usually about half of the Walking Dead episodes are top notch and they are usually bridged with filler episodes. Game of Thrones is often the same way.

Watching Walking Dead the second time around, its always Mystery Science Theater for me. A lot of the actions that happen are completely ridiculous and it makes for great comedy if you look at it in the right light.