• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Shows That You Never Cared for and Why?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld- I tried and found some of it was funny but I don't find Jerry Seinfeld funny at all. I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is funny and wonder how so many people do? I feel the same about Robin Williams. Both are good guys but just don't do it for me.

Lost-My wife and I watched until they got into that underground hatch. Once that happened, I lost interest because there was so much shit going on between so many people, I frustrated me. I guess I just didn't care to try to keep track of all of the drama between characters anymore.

American Horror Story-I liked the first 3 seasons but Season 4 about the Freak Show was ridiculous. I couldn't understand what half the characters were saying half the time and found the entire storyline uninteresting.

Friends-Why do so many shows have good looking women dating ass ugly guys like Jenn Aniston's character?

Law and Order: SVU- How the hell could someone enjoy watching a show where little kids are sexually abused and women are raped almost every episode? Its depressing. Not only that but its funny to me how crime shows always seem to figure out exactly what happened at a crime scene just by having 1 conversation with others where they each add their accurate info 1 sentence at a time with each person taking a tern.

Modern Family- Most annoying show in history with the overly exaggerated camera movement, a fat kid who over articulates his words and a hot Columbian mom who has the most nerve wracking voice/accent on television. The quick and extra witty dialog also gets under my skin. I hate when my wife watches that show!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The X-Files, I liked Scully because she's sexy, but Mulder was a boring character to me. I never could lose my suspension of disbelief.

Homeland, Just couldn't catch my interests.

The West Wing, Martin Sheen made such a bad Robert E. Lee in the movie Gettysburg that I sure as hell never thought he would be a good character as President.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roseanne: Do I really need to explain why.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The X-Files, I liked Scully because she's sexy, but Mulder was a boring character to me. I never could lose my suspension of disbelief.

Homeland, Just couldn't catch my interests.

The West Wing, Martin Sheen made such a bad Robert E. Lee in the movie Gettysburg that I sure as hell never thought he would be a good character as President.

rocking the AA av and dislikes X-Files.

goddamnitsomuch

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld-I actually gave some reruns another chance lately (because when I turned on the tv it was on, and I was too lazy to change the channel), and I enjoyed it a little. Then I realized I just don't like Jerry Seinfeld... I enjoy the other characters, just not him. So, agree with the op, not about Robin Williams though, can eff off if you don't think he's funny...

Lost-I probably never gave it enough of a chance, what I did see just wasn't enough to get me interested. Full disclosure, I probably didn't want to give it a chance because I had a roommate at the time who was obnoxiously obsessed with it, and always trying to push it on everyone...

30 Rock-Always pissed me off because I though 3rd Rock was on when I saw the title.

24-Just never got into it. Another one I probably didn't give enough of a chance to, just not what I look for in a TV show I guess.

Game of Thrones-I've tried so many times, I can never get more than about 15 minutes in before I find myself doing something else, or just not paying attention.

American Horror Story-kind of agree with the OP on this one, it's worth adding to my list because I liked the first season so much, and I haven't made it through more than half of a season since (half referring to season two, it's more like two episodes with everything else... I mean, what the hell was with the aliens in season 2? Just weird and ruined the story for me...)

There's other shows I don't care for, but these are the ones off the top of my head that I didn't like that people seemed to be into.

Last edited:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportscenter.

They show one play of a game and the final score with 3 sets of stats. Lame

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Bang Theory: Just knock it the fuck off already. I hate when it comes on while I'm doing something and then realize I've absentmindedly heard/watched 15 minutes of that crap.
Lost: Just seemed like a Gilligan's/Fantasy Island mish-mash shitshow
The Walking Dead: I don't like zombies, blood or guts (and is Fear the Walking Dead the same thing?)
How I Met Your Mother: Looks like a bunch of fuckers trying to delay the inevitable. Just tell me how you met the goddamn mother and save everyone 5 years of bullshit.
The Simpsons: I don't hate it, but I prefer to get my animation from South Park & Family Guy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reality show. I made it partway through the first Survivor and was at least going to watch the until the end but couldn't make it.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Bang Theory: Just knock it the fuck off already. I hate when it comes on while I'm doing something and then realize I've absentmindedly heard/watched 15 minutes of that crap.
Lost: Just seemed like a Gilligan's/Fantasy Island mish-mash shitshow
The Walking Dead: I don't like zombies, blood or guts (and is Fear the Walking Dead the same thing?)
How I Met Your Mother: Looks like a bunch of fuckers trying to delay the inevitable. Just tell me how you met the goddamn mother and save everyone 5 years of bullshit.
The Simpsons: I don't hate it, but I prefer to get my animation from South Park & Family Guy.

Fear the Walking dead is a prequel. Not so many zombies though since the outbreak has just begun. The show lost me after the first couple of episodes. I love The Walking Dead but the series has gotten better as it's gone along.

I'm with ya on the Big Bang Theory. Same damn jokes in all 4 or 5 episodes I've seen and the main character is too annoying to watch

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Office - Not funny, not entertaining and the characters too over the top ridiculous. Tried to watch it a few times.

I don't watch too much TV (Outside of sports) so most of the popular shows I've never actually watched enough to comment on.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Walking Dead - My wife and kids are all into it so I watched the first season and a couple of the 2nd last weekend when she was out of town. It's ok but maybe binging isn't the way to go with it. It seemed very repetitive. Does that get better ?

Friends - Seinfeld for people with an under-developed sense of humor. No thanks.

Lost - I don't remember how far I made it with this one... maybe a season or so. I realized they were just going to keep introducing new "mysteries" without ever resolving anything. I bailed.

Homeland - After a terrific 1st season it fell off a cliff during the 2nd with some ludicrous twists and turns... at least for me. I've never seen a once great show fall so far so fast. I've heard it got better the past year or 2. Too late.

Game of Thrones - Another fav of my family. I just can't get into it. I've tried a couple of times. Maybe it's me... same with TWD. The 3 in between above just suck though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This too ^. Well put. It's like that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.