• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pope is Back

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Know there was a lot of you that really liked this guy and wanted him to be signed over ?Collins? Well he is back on the PS.

I thought he was the more "explosive" Rookie RB we had this preseason and i can see him maybe beating out Collins in a week or 2.

Hope you Pope Supporters are still around, guess good things come to those who wait lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw but it might be difficult to find him a roster spot when Rawls comes back. None the less, it's good to have depth.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is Collins has showed us nothing all though he has not got many carries and he does have a TD. He is only getting 1.9 YPC on 9 totes so a upgrade was needed if you ask me. Prosise showed flashes and he will make a solid 3rd down back it seems( They didn't release Spiller for nothing ). He also looked better as a 2 down back than Collins ( Prosise ) so Maybe they have him in that role as the #2 till Rawls come comes back, i just don't see Collins getting many more carries.

In a week or 2 when Rawls comes back i can see them releasing Collins and Signing Pope. This would give them Rawls, Michaels and Prosise as the 3rd down Back with Pope as the back-up to both positions. Collins doesn't give them that flexibility in my eyes.

Don't see anyone picking Collins up either. He didn't show anything in my eyes to warrant soming grabbing him, so the Hawks will most likely PS him if he is released.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is Collins has showed us nothing all though he has not got many carries and he does have a TD. He is only getting 1.9 YPC on 9 totes so a upgrade was needed if you ask me. Prosise showed flashes and he will make a solid 3rd down back it seems( They didn't release Spiller for nothing ). He also looked better as a 2 down back than Collins ( Prosise ) so Maybe they have him in that role as the #2 till Rawls come comes back, i just don't see Collins getting many more carries.

In a week or 2 when Rawls comes back i can see them releasing Collins and Signing Pope. This would give them Rawls, Michaels and Prosise as the 3rd down Back with Pope as the back-up to both positions. Collins doesn't give them that flexibility in my eyes.

Don't see anyone picking Collins up either. He didn't show anything in my eyes to warrant soming grabbing him, so the Hawks will most likely PS him if he is released.

Guess we'll see about Collins. The Seahawks certainly have not used him much. Good to see Pope back on the practice squad.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was pope picked up by someone after we cut him?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had 9 carries.

BURN HIM!!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was pope picked up by someone after we cut him?

The Jets just claimed Kniles Davis off of the waiver wire 3 days ago and cut Pope. Pope was their #3, Jets like Davis because he is a better fit to the Guys ahead of him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its great in all that they signed pope but I really dont see how much playing time he will actually get. We know that CM will get the majority of the carriers on the ground and Procsise will get the passing catches out of the backfield then anything after that its Collins not to mention like someone said Rawls will be coming back soon. lastly you cant judge a back based on 9 carries come on now

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big fan of Pope in the preseason, and I'm on record saying that he'd get the nod over Collins. But we'll see how this works out. I don't expect any back to contribute much unless Wilson gets healthy, let alone the Seahawks 4th choice who's just now joining the PS midway through the season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Know there was a lot of you that really liked this guy and wanted him to be signed over ?Collins? Well he is back on the PS.

I thought he was the more "explosive" Rookie RB we had this preseason and i can see him maybe beating out Collins in a week or 2.

Hope you Pope Supporters are still around, guess good things come to those who wait lol.

I hope the results the results are good, but I'll wait to see what happens before claiming it is. We've all seen preseason studs that never do a single thing in the regular season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets just claimed Kniles Davis off of the waiver wire 3 days ago and cut Pope. Pope was their #3, Jets like Davis because he is a better fit to the Guys ahead of him.

I believe they cut him about an hour later and claimed CJ Spiller. In return the Chiefs reclaimed Kniles Davis. Gotta love the NFL!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Collins barely had any work in the preseason either but Pete and John obviously see something in him that they like.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins barely had any work in the preseason either but Pete and John obviously see something in him that they like.

thats easy, they like the smash mouth running style. Pope is not that type all though he can run with more power than his little frame looks like it could. ( Think Justin Forsett ) The Hawks will be searching for their Lynch replacement for years to come and they can not afford to not look at everyone they have. Rawls broke his ankle last year and broke his fibula this year. That doesn't look good for his injury toughness. Collins has did little to nothing, not even flashed anything so start digging and looking. We got to get a spark in this running game.

Michael has not looked all that great but he does have flashes here and there. So Does CJ but we need to see a lot more of him to get a read. Got to find something that works and soon.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh SNAP!

well i thought for sure Collins would be the one gone not Michaels but i pretty much nailed this one. I said a week or 2 he would be on the roster and after Collins buttfumble ( lol ) i swore he was going to be released. Guess the FO got tired of Michaels tripping over grass.

Maybe Rawls is a LOT closer to being activated than we thought and they think CJ, Pope, Collins, Rawls is better than having Michaels replace one of those others?

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Rawls is a LOT closer to being activated than we thought

i should have said it seems like a 100% chance that he is activated for the next game. I mean if there was even a small chance he doesn't make it this week i think they keep a hold of Michaels.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should have said it seems like a 100% chance that he is activated for the next game. I mean if there was even a small chance he doesn't make it this week i think they keep a hold of Michaels.

I read that Rawls will be ready to go on Sunday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Rawls will be ready to go on Sunday.

that's great i was worried it would be another week. Now lets hope he can avoid the injury bug for the next 40+ games at least. I wont hold my breath on that.

reminds me of how many people said he proved himself as #1 back last year and the few people that said he proved nothing yet because he didn't/couldn't play a full 16 game schedule. Love his talent lets now hope he stays healthy the rest of the way.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's great i was worried it would be another week. Now lets hope he can avoid the injury bug for the next 40+ games at least. I wont hold my breath on that.

reminds me of how many people said he proved himself as #1 back last year and the few people that said he proved nothing yet because he didn't/couldn't play a full 16 game schedule. Love his talent lets now hope he stays healthy the rest of the way.

Doing a little bit of reading while I was on break, and it sounds like Procise could get the start but Rawls will get a good amount of time on the field as well. I'm stoked to see what these two can do against a good Philly front 7. Agreed, I love what Rawls brings and don't forget he too was on pace with David Johnson's numbers last year before his injury.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing a little bit of reading while I was on break, and it sounds like Procise could get the start but Rawls will get a good amount of time on the field as well. I'm stoked to see what these two can do against a good Philly front 7. Agreed, I love what Rawls brings and don't forget he too was on pace with David Johnson's numbers last year before his injury.

Coaches must feel very comfortable w/ Pro/Rawl when releasing Michaels... I take that as they are ready to go... Excited to see them play this weekend together...I like the one, two punch...