• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who is the most important player on Seattle's roster?

Who is the most important player on Seattle's roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone puts up a poll that has Wilson's name on it.
Alarm bells go off at the Smart compound and all defenses are activated.
People actually try to reason with him. :L

It's futile.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it. I don't think you ever will.

You called me a Wilson hater
You said I implied Lynch made Wilson great
You said I don't give Wilson any credit

All I did was respond to a poll and state my opinion which in no way discredited Wilson. Again, show me one post where I did anything other than say I thought Lynch was more important to the offense. Show me a post where I said any of the things you implied I said above. I want to see the post.

Arguing about who is more important to the team is completely different.

I'll say it one more time. Imagine me in my midwestern non-accent speaking slowly and clearly:

Russell Wilson is more important to the Seahawks than Marshawn Lynch. When you imply otherwise, you are failing to give Wilson credit for his role as the catalyst of that offense. When you say that Flynn plus Lynch is better than Russell and Other RBs, or that the Seahawks wouldn't have "sniffed" a Super Bowl without Lynch, you are implying that Wilson is not the guy who is the engine of that offense. And Russ is the catalyst of that offense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's futile.
Thank you Wiz. I swear I thought i was going crazy. I don't ever recall having an exchange with him before and now I know it is pointless.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talk about man crushes and that phrase doesn't come close to how that cat is over Wilson. You have no chance at all.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it one more time. Imagine me in my midwestern non-accent speaking slowly and clearly:

Russell Wilson is more important to the Seahawks than Marshawn Lynch. When you imply otherwise, you are failing to give Wilson credit for his role as the catalyst of that offense. When you say that Flynn plus Lynch is better than Russell and Other RBs, or that the Seahawks wouldn't have "sniffed" a Super Bowl without Lynch, you are implying that Wilson is not the guy who is the engine of that offense. And Russ is the catalyst of that offense.
Thank you for not showing me the post...... Again. :thumb:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's futile.

Nobody tries to reason with me. That's the problem. They make points that are completely non-responsive to my argument or the question at hand.

I plan on being a prosecutor for a living and have already practiced a bit. If I were to walk up to the jury and say, "Hey Jury, the guy's guilty because I say so and popular opinion says he's guilty," I would lose the case repeatedly. Yet that is what every single person who disses Russ has to say.

I gave clear numbers which refuted the idea that Marshawn is amazing without Russ. And notice that Scooby can't refute it at all. His best defense so far is "the defense was young before Russ got there," which does nothing to address the YPC difference. That's the thing: It's never Russell improving the offense...everyone else just happened to magically get better statistically right at the moment he showed up. Russ didn't throw a pass to a single drafted receiver in the Super Bowl, yet put up a 115 QB Rating on a top three secondary, but that wasn't Russ. No...Chris Matthews was really Jerry Rice the whole time. Again, it's preposterous. But preposterous is the norm for Wilson haters.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, I'm not attacking you. I'm just pointing out you have it really really bad for Wilson and I'm fine with that. It is what it is. We like him up here too. We have that in common.

I still picked Thomas and stand behind it. On a defense first team you can't look past the engine that drives that unit. But that doesn't mean I don't think Wilson is a key to their winning as well. They just have a lot of talent up and down that team that all contribute to where they are. More of them on defense than offense. And it shows.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Lynch off that offense and the Hawks are screwed.

1500 plus hard rushing yards a year.... Need I say more?

IMO - the Hawks don't sniff a SB without Lynch. He is that good. Again just my opinion.

Maybe, but the question was who is more important to the team. I think they would have a better team with Flynn and Lynch as opposed to Wilson and another RB.

Thank you for not showing me the post...... Again. :thumb:

All of the bolded, as I've been saying for six posts. When one guy is the catalyst of the offense and you claim another guy is, basic English says that you aren't giving Guy #1 the credit he is due.

Then, the onus is on you to explain why Marshawn was average before Russ showed up if he is really the superstar who is dragging Russ along. Now go ahead and keep playing stupid because you don't have an answer.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't escape this man cush vortex. I have to ask..... Again.

Aren't you failing to give Lynch credit with that statement? Although I never implied You were, should I use your rationale and assume you are the following....

A Lynch hater
Somebody who doesn't give lynch any credit
Somebody who feels Wilson made Lynch great

I'm trying man, I really am.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the bolded, as I've been saying for six posts. When one guy is the catalyst of the offense and you claim another guy is, basic English says that you aren't giving Guy #1 the credit he is due.

Then, the onus is on you to explain why Marshawn was average before Russ showed up if he is really the superstar who is dragging Russ along. Now go ahead and keep playing stupid because you don't have an answer.
You do realize there is no right answer, don't you? Maybe lynch was stepping into the prime of his career. I tend to believe that run agains the Saints in the playoffs is what helped propel Lynch to elite status. That in addition to Wilsons arrival. Do you think Lynch has anything to do withWilsons success?

You should go back and read all posts I have written about Wilson and you will see 90 % of them are overly complimentary. I have always thought he was an excellent QB.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't escape this man cush vortex. I have to ask..... Again.

Aren't you failing to give Lynch credit with that statement? Although I never implied You were, should I use your rationale and assume you are the following....

A Lynch hater
Somebody who doesn't give lynch any credit
Somebody who feels Wilson made Lynch great

I'm trying man, I really am.

I'm the third, correct. It's not that Lynch is bad. For a bruising back, he is pretty good. He is probably the best bruiser in football. But a bruising back is only good if his supporting cast gives him enough time to break free after broken tackles. This works with a great OL, which Seattle does not have. The only other way it works is if you have another threat. Lynch has that with the guy who led the NFL in YPC last year and had 850 yards. Defenses have to respect the threat of Russell which gives Lynch room. Without it, Lynch would be average or below, like he was before Russ.

What you seem to be missing is that it doesn't make me a Lynch hater to say Russ is more important because he actually is more important. Again, it goes back to the Longley-Jordan analogy. When someone is clearly more important, it's not a diss to the other player to say that. And all the stats suggest Wilson is much more important. I give Lynch credit for what he is. You refuse to give Russ credit for what he is.