• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Most Surprising Non-First-Rounder?

Most Surprising Non-First-Rounder?

• Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eric Kendrick, LB, UCLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised Gregory dropped from the first round. Too many red flags.

Landon Collins is my choice. Most "experts had him as the best safety in the draft & likely gone by the mid first round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory shocked me. I thought he would at least get a shot somewhere in picks 23-32 regardless of red flags.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Collins. I figured he'd be the #3 CB off the board

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins. I'm hoping Ten takes him or Gregory to kick off the 2nd round

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised Gregory dropped from the first round. Too many red flags.

Landon Collins is my choice. Most "experts had him as the best safety in the draft & likely gone by the mid first round.

I agree about the red flags on Gregory but I was sure someone would take him late in the 1st.

I'm surprised Goldman is still available

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory because Shane Ray was still taken and Gregory is the better player imo

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Collins. I figured he'd be the #3 CB off the board
He was questionable for the 1st round on most boards... Then the failed drug tests. Made it an easy pass for anyone interested. He'll be the 1st CB taken in the 2nd round probably.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was foaming at the mouth when I saw Dupree, Gregory & Ray all on the board at 22. After seeing the top 3 CBs fly off the board I knew it was going to be one of those 3. Steelers went with the safest option. Pretty excited!

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Fisher

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Fisher

This was going to be my choice.

I don't think any of the guys named are that surprising if you have been paying attention to recent reporting.

Obviously Jalen Collins and Randy Gregory were going to drop due to drug issues.

DGB had character issues and was never likely a first rounder.

Landon Collins was also not a first rounder because teams question his coverage ability and the NFL today is all about safeties who can cover. That is why you had Damarious Randall in round one.

Of the list I think Goldman is maybe the most surprising but he was always considered a late first, early second rounder.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the red flags on Gregory but I was sure someone would take him late in the 1st.

I'm surprised Goldman is still available

From what I understand with Gregory the issue has started surfacing that he is taking the Weed for some medical problem he has. So it doesn't sound like the Weed problem is going away any time soon. It wouldn't surprise me to see him continue to drop big time as teams will be scared off by that big time. Doctors have said that they have some medication that can help with it that is legal in the eyes of the NFL but some wonder if his weed problem is just too deep at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why so many are enamored with Gregory. Yes he was a combine freak but beyond that his tape shows a player very very inconsistent. He sucks against the run game, can't keep his weight on very well, and obviously then all the red flags. At least with Ray his potential was shown beyond just his pro day numbers on the field with him putting up some crazy numbers in the SEC to be DPOY. I guess to me I am just not big on taking players that couldn't produce in college. Very rarely then do they seem to make it click and show up in the NFL. Those type of players are the ones I like to use the later rounds for as they are your developmental type players anyway.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why so many are enamored with Gregory. Yes he was a combine freak but beyond that his tape shows a player very very inconsistent. He sucks against the run game, can't keep his weight on very well, and obviously then all the red flags. At least with Ray his potential was shown beyond just his pro day numbers on the field with him putting up some crazy numbers in the SEC to be DPOY. I guess to me I am just not big on taking players that couldn't produce in college. Very rarely then do they seem to make it click and show up in the NFL. Those type of players are the ones I like to use the later rounds for as they are your developmental type players anyway.
Never said I was "emamored" will Gregory, I just felt that he would be picked before Shane Ray. Am I a NFL scout or GM? Nope.

Just off of what I have seen and read I felt Gregory was the better prospect. Both had red flags and that was what made me curious the one player was picked and the other wasn't. Obviously I nor no one here knows the extent of the problems for either players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I was "emamored" will Gregory, I just felt that he would be picked before Shane Ray. Am I a NFL scout or GM? Nope.

Just off of what I have seen and read I felt Gregory was the better prospect. Both had red flags and that was what made me curious the one player was picked and the other wasn't. Obviously I nor no one here knows the extent of the problems for either players.

Well in 2 years Gregory put up pretty much the same stats that Ray put up in just this past year. So again I'm just not seeing how the film shows him to be the better prospect. Now yes his combine numbers might put him over the top with the idea of potential but at this point Ray put up better numbers in a much tougher conference. That doesn't mean he will be the better pro but at least his athletic freak pro day numbers match up with what he did on the field.

Throw in his red flags are nothing compared to that of Gregory. Ray was busted with just having pot in his vehicle. He was not high, did not have any weed in his system. Gregory has been busted multiple times with weed in his system by the NFL and Nebraska. Very different stories. Throw in Gregory has admitted to pretty much being an habitual smoker of Weed. He says he can stop whenever but at this point we haven't seen it. Ray was more just having the wrong people around him that got him in trouble not so much he himself being the cause of the trouble.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in 2 years Gregory put up pretty much the same stats that Ray put up in just this past year. So again I'm just not seeing how the film shows him to be the better prospect. Now yes his combine numbers might put him over the top with the idea of potential but at this point Ray put up better numbers in a much tougher conference. That doesn't mean he will be the better pro but at least his athletic freak pro day numbers match up with what he did on the field.

Throw in his red flags are nothing compared to that of Gregory. Ray was busted with just having pot in his vehicle. He was not high, did not have any weed in his system. Gregory has been busted multiple times with weed in his system by the NFL and Nebraska. Very different stories. Throw in Gregory has admitted to pretty much being an habitual smoker of Weed. He says he can stop whenever but at this point we haven't seen it. Ray was more just having the wrong people around him that got him in trouble not so much he himself being the cause of the trouble.
Just realized you're a Broncos fan and that's probably why you're trying to argue with me. In no way am knocking Shane and I think he is an excellent pick and will succeeded. I was just suprised he was picked and Gregory wasn't.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized you're a Broncos fan and that's probably why you're trying to argue with me. In no way am knocking Shane and I think he is an excellent pick and will succeeded. I was just suprised he was picked and Gregory wasn't.

Oh I was screaming at the tv before Shane Ray was picked and saw the Broncos traded up for them to pick Shane Ray. I was actually almost excited when I saw he got busted with pot in his vehicle as it actually gave the Broncos a chance at him.

Realize I am not saying Gregory isn't a talent but I would say as an overall player he showed he is more of a one-trick pony as a pass rusher. He was a huge liability in the run game and would just completely disappear for large chunks of games. You throw in the fact that he just keeps getting busted for pot use and Shane Ray just becomes the safer of the two picks. Both have some question marks for sure but Gregory's are a lot deeper and more frightening in my opinion for a GM than that of Ray's. Throw in the rumor going around is Gregory has actually been taken off a lot of team boards because they found out he has an injury that is pretty serious and that is why he has been using the Weed to help with some of the pain. If that is the case then the pot use isn't going to stop.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory and Collins.

Gregory has some kind of hidden issue that is not being discussed. In addition to weed.

Read something, about NFL people dancing around the issue, one even talking about something that's "not his fault". What could that be? Who knows.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody took Maxx Williams.