• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very recently spent about a year working in health care in West Baltimore as a white male in management. Before that I did the same in North Philly. If you weren’t from FL I’d be willing to bet I’ve experienced racism directed towards me more recently than you.

Bruh.. come on Israel? Stolen? Please. 1 side can’t live in harmony with the other.. hint it’s not the Jews

Also I would be willing to bet your opinion about Israel was much different than it was 2 years ago before this thread took off and trump etc

Btw I just watched a Black Klansman.... really really really enjoyed the movie until the last 5 minutes. Check it out if you haven’t, you will like the last 5 minutes.

IM not going to play the whole i have experienced more racism dick measuring game. I will take you at your word on it. I will say that in a twisted way the fact that white people are actually experiencing it in America over the last 25 or so years is some kind of bizzaro balancing act. Because as little as 40 years ago (within our life times) that would be unheard of.

Israel didnt exist as a country until the UN lead by America deemed that it should be a country despite the protests of the people who had actually been living there and claimed ownership of the land over the last I dont know 1000 years. Those people being the Palestinians.

I saw BlacKKKlansman in the movies on opening night. I agree it was an excellent movie, although I realize it would rub some people the wrong way and especially the last 5 minutes or so.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the you knew where they once came from. The words make sense. You claim to not be for open borders; therefore, you are for smart immigration. You may disagree with what constitutes smart immigration, but you are for it.

BTw, I looked up first US coin and don’t see the coin you are referring.

It wasnt first US coin. It was America First coin... BUt I'll help you out....

C2qCMvGW8AAg9sm.jpg

Seeing one of these as a teenager was the first time I had ever experienced the slogan America First... so yea I know it might give you the warm and fuzzys. BUt that shit will NEVER sit well with me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't that precedence already been set?

For the record, if it is just for opposition research, then it should be out of bounds. For both parties.

IM glad we are all rolling with set precedence here, although people seem to be rather selective in where they want set precedence to apply.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM not going to play the whole i have experienced more racism dick measuring game. I will take you at your word on it. I will say that in a twisted way the fact that white people are actually experiencing it in America over the last 25 or so years is some kind of bizzaro balancing act. Because as little as 40 years ago (within our life times) that would be unheard of.

Israel didnt exist as a country until the UN lead by America deemed that it should be a country despite the protests of the people who had actually been living there and claimed ownership of the land over the last I dont know 1000 years. Those people being the Palestinians.

I saw BlacKKKlansman in the movies on opening night. I agree it was an excellent movie, although I realize it would rub some people the wrong way and especially the last 5 minutes or so.

1- Either racism is wrong or it is not. There is no acceptable balancing act, especially when most of us have never been around for when America was racist.

2- Israel existed long ago. Why only go back 50 years or a thousand? From there, would the Jewish people be allowed to exist if they didn’t have their own land, again? Nope...they would not because of the Islamic hate that surrounds them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Either racism is wrong or it is not. There is no acceptable balancing act, especially when most of us have never been around for when America was racist.

2- Israel existed long ago. Why only go back 50 years or a thousand? From there, would the Jewish people be allowed to exist if they didn’t have their own land, again? Nope...they would not because of the Islamic hate that surrounds them.

I agree Racism is wrong in any context. I dont think it mattered to alot of people until the last 30 years when they felt that it was negatively affecting them.

2. You know what else existed a long time ago?? The Navajo and Cherokee nations. Since we are all for giving back ancestral lands and enforcing those claims.. are you for doing that in this country??

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Racism is wrong in any context. I dont think it mattered to alot of people until the last 30 years when they felt that it was negatively affecting them.

2. You know what else existed a long time ago?? The Navajo and Cherokee nations. Since we are all for giving back ancestral lands and enforcing those claims.. are you for doing that in this country??
We were beginning to move forward as a people (collectively) 40 years ago. African Amer... ahh fuck it.. were going blacks and whites here... blacks were moving up in the work force. Television was incorporating more black programming. Black and white romances were being more accepted and schools were teaching the harsh reality of history in our American land. Racial harmony was crawling, but moving in a positive direction until about 5 years ago when things came to a sudden halt. Can't quite put my finger on what exactly happened round near that time :noidea:that once again began dividing the two races and set this nation back a bit.

You're next statement is pure satire but it did give me a chuckle. Could you imagine.. hey, the name Redskins would once again be popular. Oops,, sorry... can't make jokes about race unless i'm HC who says blacks all look the same and then gets applause for it:clap:

Crazy world eh.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C2qCMvGW8AAg9sm.jpg

Seeing one of these as a teenager was the first time I had ever experienced the slogan America First... so yea I know it might give you the warm and fuzzys. BUt that shit will NEVER sit well with me.
Question: Could I have taken this coin and gone down to the local drugstore to buy me and my girl a cherry soda pop? If no then these coins are no more then a business card handed out by the KKK at their rallies. I realize there worth money now at auctions and such but were they ever real currency. Honest question,,, I have no idea.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Could I have taken this coin and gone down to the local drugstore to buy me and my girl a cherry soda pop? If no then these coins are no more then a business card handed out by the KKK at their rallies. I realize there worth money now at auctions and such but were they ever real currency. Honest question,,, I have no idea.

Legal tender no. But having one if it was gained in the original manor meant the owner likely sold something more than a soda to get it. And again knowing where it came from, I find our President chanting America First about as offensive as you guys find the terms Black Power and Black Lives Matter.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legal tender no. But having one if it was gained in the original manor meant the owner likely sold something more than a soda to get it. And again knowing where it came from, I find our President chanting America First about as offensive as you guys find the terms Black Power and Black Lives Matter.

I don’t understand your way of thinking. All races in America, (legally) are Americans. :noidea:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1- if you believe it is wrong, then why do you seem to enjoy racism happening to white people? What does attitudes of 30 years ago matter in context of you believing racism is wrong today?

2- I am not the one clamoring for a Palestinian State, you are. You want things to change, because you believe Israel is evil, even though they are 5he only ones that are tolerant in the area. Everyone wants Israel gone and genocide is preferred by the surrounding countries. The Navajo and Cherokee were never nations. They were tribes, warring tribes. They also live freely here without the fear of genocide.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- if you believe it is wrong, then why do you seem to enjoy racism happening to white people? What does attitudes of 30 years ago matter in context of you believing racism is wrong today?

2- I am not the one clamoring for a Palestinian State, you are. You want things to change, because you believe Israel is evil, even though they are 5he only ones that are tolerant in the area. Everyone wants Israel gone and genocide is preferred by the surrounding countries. The Navajo and Cherokee were never nations. They were tribes, warring tribes. They also live freely here without the fear of genocide.

1. I dont enjoy racism happening to anyone. But reality and history has shown that unless something negatively affects white people in this country, they will never seek to change it. Racism wasnt a problem for most white people as I was growing up because it didnt negatively affect their lives and thus was seen as not their problem. Not until recently have white people started to look at stuff and say racism is bad and actually NEEDs to be stopped.

2. I have never said Israel is evil. I have pointed out that Israel as it stands today was never a nation until America deemed it as such. And Im sorry but you dont get to rewrite history at this time. In taking this country they did in fact try and wipe out the tribes which you dont consider a nation because they didnt have a flag.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your feelings are not rational though. If you can’t see the difference between...

A. Being brought here against your will,

B. Coming here of your own free will,

Then your feelings are fucked up.

As for the terms black power and black lives matter, they are by definition racist because they are promoting a single race.

Whites, blacks, Latinos, and every other race make up the American demographic. You see...America first is by definition not racist. You could say it is nationalistic but that would blow your idea of what a white nationalist is. Maybe you should explore that option because then you would be using terms by their actual definitions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I dont enjoy racism happening to anyone. But reality and history has shown that unless something negatively affects white people in this country, they will never seek to change it. Racism wasnt a problem for most white people as I was growing up because it didnt negatively affect their lives and thus was seen as not their problem. Not until recently have white people started to look at stuff and say racism is bad and actually NEEDs to be stopped.

2. I have never said Israel is evil. I have pointed out that Israel as it stands today was never a nation until America deemed it as such. And Im sorry but you dont get to rewrite history at this time. In taking this country they did in fact try and wipe out the tribes which you dont consider a nation because they didnt have a flag.

1- forgive me if I don’t believe you. You come off as fully enjoying racism towards white people. Would you be free today without white people thinking racism is wrong?

2- It wasn’t just America that deemed it. You are the one rewriting history my friend. Stick to the facts.

Americans of the past did, perhaps. Today, Cherokee and Navajo are free and not persecuted. The Israelis, if the surrounding countries today had their way, would be destroyed and the people killed.

Were the Indian tribes in the US warring throughout their history? Why is it bad when we war with them and take the spoils of war?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong the UN deemed it as. Such

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C2qCMvGW8AAg9sm.jpg

I'll be honest,, I never knew this coin (token) even existed until this very day. I'm sure 90% of America don't know either. The Klan today exist of 2,500 to 5,000 members at best as I understand. A handful of assholes who should be taken out back and shot but certainly not a group who should be taken serious, or in fear of. You mention the phrase America First and what it means to you, but I think you give DT a dis-service if you think he was thinking klan when he coined the phrase MAGA, or mentioning America first. Frankly, I wouldn't give him that much credit. I think it's unfortunate however you feel this way because I don't believe Trump has any evil KKK intent, but I can understand perhaps why you do. I'm as white as they come but would hold the door open for a black person same as I would a white. I truly believe most whites or blacks would for each other. I also believe 90% of white Trump supporters would show the same kind of respect. You see a Trump bumper sticker and you see an asshole driver. I see a driver who just want's themselves and their children to live in a land where law and order is equal to all. Where opportunity comes to Americans first. Where having the right to protect their family in a lawless land is not made criminal in itself upon them. Listen, will never have racial harmony but I know not one white person who uses the N word... not one...but I hear it daily in black culture. Why it's a form of greeting on one side but a life altering event on the other is logic that i'll never understand. How can whites forget about a word if blacks won't.

Hey, don't blame you for hating on the phrase America First or MAGA but I think you have it all wrong,, and that's unfortunate even to yourself.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didnt bother to read the article, did you? How very republican of you.

People were gathered peacefully at a bar, then assholes on the right instigated something by coming to the bar to “counter protest,” because the only people who seem to think that their voices matter these days are morons on the right, and when a journalist asked the police for help, the officer went against police policy and refused to help the journalist.

Trump’s America, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.