• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you made a challenge before on Christianity and I am still waiting for you to continue.

What makes Pete an actual Christian? I think Pete May want to look at Matthew 5:19.

Isn't it true that Christians are supposed to be as close to the way the Christ carried himself as possible?

So, if this is true and judgement comes from others as to what that particular standard is, then everyone fails correct?

Judging Mayor Pete by equally flawed takes a lot of hubris and let's me know that it's time for all of these bullshitters to take several seats.

Now I know that your take is that anything that I have to say on the subject is meaningless, but that too is just another way of saying the same thing. " you can judge but no one gets to judge you!"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is so foolish i dont know where to begin . how did he obstruct justice ? firing comey ? you will need more then that

Here ya go: Mueller report has 11 instances of potential Trump ...
Business Insider

Keep in mind that obstruction of justice DOES NOT have to be followed through to completion, intent makes one just as guilty and the key testifier related to intent is Donald Trump. (sorry for the cut and paste, I actually have a physical copy of the report and although I have completely read it, I have yet to load the sheets into my computer)

BTW: there are a lot of key redactions at real points of interest. Some are just names and/or source info, I changed the toner twice printing this report out!:gaah:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at how dumb that is , MUELLAR didnt get fired , who did he instruct to lie ? and by the way the report cleared Trump of obstruction and collusion .

and if that isnt true why isnt muellar saying anything in public ?

i will be interested in what you all will say when the conspirators of the soft coup attempt get called to the carpet

Not true, Barr cleared Trump of both of these things, the Mueller report actually implicates him of both and does considerable damage to Barr's credibility.

BTW: Your entire take on the Steele Dossier has been ripped to bits in this report.

There's a reason why there was silence on a lot of now proven nonsense in previous posts. Waiting for actual evidence is a real thing and usually the wisest course of action. Now I suspect that Mueller will become the enemy of a certain POV.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 “But I say to you who hear, sLove your enemies, tdo good to those who hate you, ubless those who curse you, spray for those who abuse you. vTo one who wstrikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic2 either. xGive to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. yas you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

z“If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. aif you blend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. clove your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and dyou will be sons of ethe Most High, for fhe is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. gBe merciful, even as hyour Father is merciful.

This is Luke 6. Where should I start? Let’s start with “do unto others.” This doesn’t mean to tell people things that are untrue. It means to simply speak the truth in love. Nobody claimed Pete was the devil, but he did claim Pence was something he isn’t. Then Chiller decid3d to chime in and say Pete was Christian and Pence was not. I am explaining how he is wrong, likely on both fronts.

As for immigration, God would never ask you to take in that which could harm you. The US has done more good for more people worldwide than any country in history. If things continue, we will be unable to continue doing that.

I agree but to this extent...neither are true Christians as they do not exist. Now cafeteria Christians they may very well be, as are 100% of people who call themselves merely Christian as if there was no distinction between the two. To be clear, "cafeteria Christians" are by definition, judgmental hypocrites who find living with their own shortcomings acceptable and that of others unchristian like.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, the whole "judge no, lest ye be judged" line must be understood in context. It really isn't about comparative actions at all but rather about hypocrisy and to an extent perspective.

The contextual support reads as follows: “Why do you see the splinter in your brother’s eye but do not notice the log in your own eye? … You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother’s eye.”

"The second thing worthy of note is Jesus point that only after correcting one’s own behavior will one see clearly enough to make adequate judgments and help anyone else correct his/her own behavior. This is a recognition of the human tendency to judge based on our own heart; that is, we tend to see ourselves in others. (The postmodern recognition of essential subjectivity is closely related to this concept.) Just like a man with a splinter in his eye, we see that splinter (only much larger than it really is—as a beam) everywhere we look. If we are arrogant, we tend to see arrogance in other people. If we are cruel, we tend to suspect cruelty in others. If we are lecherous (an outstanding and underused word—isn’t that a great word, “lecherous”? Even better is the noun, “lecher,” as in “you filthy lecher!”), we tend to suspect sexual motives, desires, or behaviors in others. It is extraordinarily hard for us to break out of ourselves enough to truly empathize, seeing from another’s viewpoint, and Jesus makes the case that it is far harder—perhaps impossible—to do so when we are not pure hearted ourselves. As long as we hold to our own faults, we will see them in everyone else. But, as Titus 1:15 says, “to the pure everything is pure.”

So the passage is actually a condemnation of hypocrisy, not judgment. Jesus’ counsel is to tend to our own behavior and attitudes before attempting to help anyone else. If we attempt to judge before doing so, our judgment will be flawed by our own “splinters.” But the passage is in no way forbidding judgment. On the contrary, it asserts that judgment, like charity, begins at home.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, God-dammit...I'm back!!

:ninja:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it true that Christians are supposed to be as close to the way the Christ carried himself as possible?

So, if this is true and judgement comes from others as to what that particular standard is, then everyone fails correct?

Judging Mayor Pete by equally flawed takes a lot of hubris and let's me know that it's time for all of these bullshitters to take several seats.

Now I know that your take is that anything that I have to say on the subject is meaningless, but that too is just another way of saying the same thing. " you can judge but no one gets to judge you!"

That is our goal as Christians. We will never get there on this Earth. We are all sinners. There is a difference between sinning and living in sin though.

Everyone fails...that is correct. We are all sinners. Back to the word judgement though. Judging a person is different than judging an action.

Pete judged Pence. I am not judging Pete. I am judging an action of homosexuality from a Biblical context. Me being right or wrong on that judgement of an action has no bearing on Pete himself.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew that living in WV you were more likely to get stopped simply for the type of car you drove, harassed for the type of hat you are wearing and potentially harmed for the music you were playing at the time... would you still feel welcome and actually want to live there?? IM a born and raised citizen, I still aint moving to certain counties in certain states.

So shark I think so highly of you I took a poll about your post without explaining why I was asking what I asked. The response was unanimous that there wouldn't be a problem. Of course they asked why I asked that question and I explained afterwards.

Now I am not so naïve as to think that profiling doesn't exists. But sometimes I think you/we assume the worst. Just some thoughts I thought I would share with you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is our goal as Christians. We will never get there on this Earth. We are all sinners. There is a difference between sinning and living in sin though.

Everyone fails...that is correct. We are all sinners. Back to the word judgement though. Judging a person is different than judging an action.

Pete judged Pence. I am not judging Pete. I am judging an action of homosexuality from a Biblical context. Me being right or wrong on that judgement of an action has no bearing on Pete himself.

I agree...take note that I rarely use "judgement' in my responses relating to actions, perspective, hypocrite and hypocrisy on the other hand covers actions more precisely for those pointing the accusatory finger of shame towards others.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...take note that I rarely use "judgement' in my responses relating to actions, perspective, hypocrite and hypocrisy on the other hand covers actions more precisely for those pointing the accusatory finger of shame towards others.

Except they should also realize four more fingers are pointing at themselves.

Again, there is a difference between sinning and living in sin. There is no difference living in a homosexual relationship and living in an adulterous one, except the adulterous one may be worse...just my opinion.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they should also realize four more fingers are pointing at themselves.

Again, there is a difference between sinning and living in sin. There is no difference living in a homosexual relationship and living in an adulterous one, except the adulterous one may be worse...just my opinion.

Ok, noted

Now I have to ask about your perspective on homosexuality. Is it, in your opinion, a choice or the result of a CNS (central nervous system) flaw? Perhaps something else?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, Barr cleared Trump of both of these things, the Mueller report actually implicates him of both and does considerable damage to Barr's credibility.

BTW: Your entire take on the Steele Dossier has been ripped to bits in this report.

There's a reason why there was silence on a lot of now proven nonsense in previous posts. Waiting for actual evidence is a real thing and usually the wisest course of action. Now I suspect that Mueller will become the enemy of a certain POV.
absolutely not

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, noted

Now I have to ask about your perspective on homosexuality. Is it, in your opinion, a choice or the result of a CNS (central nervous system) flaw? Perhaps something else?

I think it can be the result of many things. In many cases, there is at least a correlation of homosexuality and sexual abuse growing up. There is no evidence that it is hereditary or a part of our genetic makeup; however, I would not be surprised if their was something in there.

Also, the state of being gay is not sinful in and of itself. The act, from everything I have read, is sinful.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it can be the result of many things. In many cases, there is at least a correlation of homosexuality and sexual abuse growing up. There is no evidence that it is hereditary or a part of our genetic makeup; however, I would not be surprised if their was something in there.

Also, the state of being gay is not sinful in and of itself. The act, from everything I have read, is sinful.

So basically, it's the sex activity that's offensive, in the same manner as sex outside of marriage is, or, as mentioned in another post, sex by oneself where the seed of life is spilled, correct?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea im really ready for the season to begin. Even if we go 0-16 it will be more bearable than the BS I read on this politics thread. At least then we will all be able to finally agree on something without countless debates not swaying anyone in the least... that the Redskins do indeed suck.

Please note that the author of this post would rather see a 16-0 season and holds no claims that a winless season is on the horizon.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, it's the sex activity that's offensive, in the same manner as sex outside of marriage is, or, as mentioned in another post, sex by oneself where the seed of life is spilled, correct?

The act is...yes.

I don’t know about sex with oneself. Can you show me that in the Bible?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20+ people dead, 280+ injured in the terrorist attack bombings on 3 churches in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday

It will be instructive to compare the media coverage of this terrorist attack on Christian churches with the coverage of the New Zealand mosque attack

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our LSM at work ! Guess they just “ran “ into him at church !

Let the idiot worship in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.