• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont bitch about Slavery. IM just not going to play the fool and pretend that it has no bearing on how some white people tend to think of black people today. Because the reality is, racism is taught usually at an early age and its generational.

The fact that you are willing to kill someone trying to make a better life for themselves because you have allowed yourself to be convinced they are invaders, an infestation and animals tends to say you do in fact find them beneath you and not worthy unless they are the type of people YOU agree with. Personally IM not even shooting a stray dog unless it does in fact threaten me. And Im damn sure not camping out on the roof looking to shoot one because it comes towards my yard.

Well, I do hope you teach your children not to hate white people.

If you enter a place illegally, then you are invading. Wrong yet again. You seem to think I care about the race of the person crossing illegally or what they think.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...read what I wrote. I said whites are nowhere close in the slavery department. You may want to learn to read or just not get angry until you know you need to.

I wasn't getting angry with you. We agree in part, maybe more than in part? Not getting angry with you, but with others. :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down. GK is one who believes that American Slavery was not the worst in the world (debatable) And his major gripe is that I feel while it may or may not have one of the worst situations in history (yes IM biased). My real issue with it today is, the effects still last in this country because the mentality that some had towards blacks during slavery is still being actively taught to some of the youth in this country today.

Hey, I'm a Gopher fan. The University of Minnesota was HUGELY relevant in the Civil Rights Movement, and I've always been very proud about that.

1st Black to play in the Big Ten, 1903 AT THE LATEST, Bobby Marshall. He also played hockey and Baseball for the UMn.
1st Black to play in the NFL, 1920, HOFer Bobby Marshall.
1st Black QB to be named All-American, 1960-62, Sandy Stephens
1st Black to win a SB as an NFL Coach, Dungy.

That's just cfb. UMn was also integrated in bb as well, and had been intregrated in hockey for several decades, same with baseball.

Politically. The 2 leaders of the Dems and Reps in 1964, the 2 who led their parties to agree on the legislation, and the 2 who were the signers of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, were BOTH Univ of Minnesota Graduates. Hubert H Humphrey on the Dem side. Can't remember the name of the Republican, but I am sure he was a UMn grad. And the President of the NAACP in 1964 was also a UMn Grad.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down. GK is one who believes that American Slavery was not the worst in the world (debatable) And his major gripe is that I feel while it may or may not have one of the worst situations in history (yes IM biased). My real issue with it today is, the effects still last in this country because the mentality that some had towards blacks during slavery is still being actively taught to some of the youth in this country today.
Horse shit.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you are so naïve. It's not a cival war obsession, it's simply that I recognize that the division between the left and the right in the country are SO FAR apart, that there is no healing. Neither side will tolerate the other side winning. The only solution is total separation, hopefully peaceful separation, but realistically that wouldn't work, so Civil War is the most realistic outcome.

I'm naive for suggesting we should try to improve this country rather than caving to a group out of fear of civil war? Wtf lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I do hope you teach your children not to hate white people.

If you enter a place illegally, then you are invading. Wrong yet again. You seem to think I care about the race of the person crossing illegally or what they think.

NO worries. I raised my kids right, and hy dont hold any animus towards white people unless given a reason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it would better for the country than trying to deport 11-20M people. And if they are legal, and dont get to vote... well the founding fathers went to war over that taxation without representation thing didnt they??
its a false choice , the can be made permanent residents and not vote which should be the penalty for breaking our laws to get here and screwing all the others who did it right

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a false choice , the can be made permanent residents and not vote which should be the penalty for breaking our laws to get here and screwing all the others who did it right

So they can't vote as taxpaying citizens?

Something tells me this has to do with who you think they'll vote for...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would that you were so willing to punish everyone who broke our laws as much as you seems to want to punish these people.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they can't vote as taxpaying citizens?

Something tells me this has to do with who you think they'll vote for...
No, they can't vote as tax paying non citizens. If they become citizens, they get the right to vote.

There are thousands of tax paying non citizens in this country today. Its not a novel concept.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they can't vote as tax paying non citizens. If they become citizens, they get the right to vote.

There are thousands of tax paying non citizens in this country today. Its not a novel concept.

Nobody said they should vote as noncitizens. I said they should vote as citizens and denying that would be absurd.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but it would be a petty thing to say you can stay, but you can never have a path to becoming a citizen mainly because I worry which party you would vote for. And that is a concern I hear from people. That they will all magically become democrats.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it would be a petty thing to say you can stay, but you can never have a path to becoming a citizen mainly because I worry which party you would vote for. And that is a concern I hear from people. That they will all magically become democrats.

I would say that person should never vote because you are rewarding a behavior that is illegal. Also, most legal immigrants also feel betrayed by the system that rewards this illegal behavior.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that person should never vote because you are rewarding a behavior that is illegal. Also, most legal immigrants also feel betrayed by the system that rewards this illegal behavior.

I get that, and it sounds very rational. But two things.

1. I always find it rather lopsided which laws you guys want to support and enforce to the fullest.
2. You are punishing people for violating a system that is intentionally broken so that the system can be broken further.

Status
Not open for further replies.