• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever consider that there may actually be more evil Liberals then conservatives. And the Media plays to their audience??

And if thats the case, a government that caters to a minority of the people, is not really a democracy.

Just a thought.

Again...not a democracy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever consider that there may actually be more evil Liberals then conservatives. And the Media plays to their audience??

And if thats the case, a government that caters to a minority of the people, is not really a democracy.

Just a thought.
in any case that means what ? a vast majority of people watching the MSM are getting half the story at best .who owns them ? doesnt matter does it . its just a deflection

and we arent a democracy . we are a republic . a democracy is mob rule where 51 % can take the rights away ofd 100% of the people

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAng on to that power.. even if it means cheating

Brian Kemp Is Blocking 53K Applicants From Registering To Vote, Most Of Them Black

Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s (R) office is blocking 53,000 people from registering to vote, according to records obtained by the Associated Press, a huge number that could sway his gubernatorial race against Democrat Stacey Abrams.

As TPM laid out this morning, Kemp has used a controversial “exact match” program to approve or block voter registrations that disproportionately impacts minority voters.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it our no welfare crowd will be sending some strongly worded letters to Senator Grassley AMiright???

Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and John Tester (D-Mont.) have applied for relief via President Trump's bailout package.

Two U.S. senators have opted to take advantage of President Donald Trump’s $12 billion bailout for American farmers, intended to offset the negative effects of Trump’s trade war.

Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and John Tester (D-Mont.) both applied for the federal assistance for their farms

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it our no welfare crowd will be sending some strongly worded letters to Senator Grassley AMiright???

Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and John Tester (D-Mont.) have applied for relief via President Trump's bailout package.

Two U.S. senators have opted to take advantage of President Donald Trump’s $12 billion bailout for American farmers, intended to offset the negative effects of Trump’s trade war.

Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and John Tester (D-Mont.) both applied for the federal assistance for their farms
Well, I'm not a no welfare crowd member, but I am a concerned citizen about the abuse of welfare, which was never intended to be a permanent benefit for able bodied (both physically and mentally) people. And this is abuse of the welfare system. They both should be called out, not just Grassley. Wouldn't you agree.

In fact, I'm not sure I have seen anyone on this board suggest that we have no welfare system. IF I am wrong, let me know. But I'm curious if anyone thinks the current system is effective? What should welfare be intended to accomplish?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you inject what you believe my religious opinion is. I have never used religion to defend my anti-abortion view.

When did I ever say the government should never intervene in our lives? I do believe the government should outlaw murder because an individual does not have the right to infringe on another. On a personal level, I define an individual at conception because that is what the Declaration says.

You're kidding right? We've been exchanging texts for some time now and among those exchanges you've clearly outlined your position on these things. It seems now you're attempting to change earlier statements to include known adverbs such as "never" ("government should never") when you know that is not the case.

It's not difficult to determine what your religious opinion is when you've clearly stated that "life begins at conception" that IS a religious opinion. To then attempt to infer that your anti-abortion position is merely rooted in law is laughable. You're talking about conception, which in In legal medical jurisprudence, is defined as the beginning of pregnancy. (note the term "pregnancy" and not life) So where does your "life" stance come from? (rhetorical) There's only one other place.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve already listed a bunch of things trump has done for this country and the list just keeps growing. However, I asked the same about Obummer and never got an answer. I didn’t pursue it, because I knew it was impossible to answer.

Maybe I missed it and that's likely an oversight by me. So let's do this, here's one listing of some of Obama's accomplishments with citations. In exchange I would appreciate the same from you about Trump with citations.

A LONG List Of President Obama’s Accomplishments (With ...
addictinginfo.com/...list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with...

In addition, I'm going to include this fact check about those accomplishments, and hopefully you'll do the same. Thanks!

Obama Accomplishments - snopes.com
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/barack-obama-accomplishments

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Nonsense. Without the military, everybody without blonde hair and blue eyes would be dead.

2- Nonsense. So people that work in the welfare offices now make it a job’s program? Here is an idea...have those people get jobs that should exist.

3- nonsense. When did I say I wouldn’t pay for water, roads and bridges? Like I said, liberals want to raise taxes on the rich when they are more than capable of giving more of their own money.

4- All they have to do is call the IRS and ask where to give. The IRS won’t turn them down. As for rankings, their choice.

1. Then it would and is not used to benefit everyone.

2. illogical

3. What exactly do you think would be done with raising of said taxes? Our infrastructure is decaying badly, there have already been deaths associated with either poorly maintained bridges or the need to totally replace them. BTW: taxes should be fairly applied, the problem is "fairly" as in one person's fair is another person's unfair. See the problem?

4. This is a dumb idea, I didn't want to say it as directly as I now have, but sometimes the direct route is best in such "conversations." This is an old conservative notion where paying monies to the IRS will
Show me the hatred. I fought for this country and would gladly do s again.

What have you done?

What have I done? Hmmmm Let's see I am a Vietnam veteran who has taken lives for this country. After, actually during my time in service I determined that my repentance for taking those lives would be a lifelong dedication to healing and saving as many lives as possible. A few year back I put my name on a ballot in an attempt to take a county seat. I am a member of several organizations including the AMA, CHEST (ACCP) and NAACP. I'm extremely active in my community and once served as president of my citizens Associations. As a concerned parent and now grandparent, you might appreciate my continued involvement in local politics, the education system here and fund raising events.

What have I done? Nothing...yet!:D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the hatred. I fought for this country and would gladly do s again.

What have you done?

Hatred is in supporting this tyrant. Here's something that Trump has yet to do...govern!

Governing requires that you serve all of the people, not selected groups or sections of a given population. He's not done that yet, and people for their own selfish interests support that foolishness! The title is "President of the United States" not "President of those places that support me."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not a no welfare crowd member, but I am a concerned citizen about the abuse of welfare, which was never intended to be a permanent benefit for able bodied (both physically and mentally) people. And this is abuse of the welfare system. They both should be called out, not just Grassley. Wouldn't you agree.

In fact, I'm not sure I have seen anyone on this board suggest that we have no welfare system. IF I am wrong, let me know. But I'm curious if anyone thinks the current system is effective? What should welfare be intended to accomplish?

Well I agree both should be called out. But it has been proven by many that abuse of welfare is what democrats do. SO I kind of assumed the hate on that one was baked in.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree both should be called out. But it has been proven by many that abuse of welfare is what democrats do. SO I kind of assumed the hate on that one was baked in.
Welfare is abused by many because it is a shitty plan that is ripe for abuse. It make no difference what political affiliation the abuser is. What welfare was intended to do when instituted is no longer what it does. It has grown into an unmanageable, expensive, inefficient and ineffective pile of shit. As most government programs do over a period of time......usually a short period of time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welfare is abused by many because it is a shitty plan that is ripe for abuse. It make no difference what political affiliation the abuser is. What welfare was intended to do when instituted is no longer what it does. It has grown into an unmanageable, expensive, inefficient and ineffective pile of shit. As most government programs do over a period of time......usually a short period of time.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But you also have known me long enough to know that occasionally I wake up on the sarcastic side of the bed more often than not as i get older. And I have noticed a real penchant by some to twist the narrative that welfare is a program by democrats and is primarily abused only by democrats.

So cut me some slack as the sarcasm is strong at the moment. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once have I stated That Trump inherited a bad economy. Obama's market didn't do poorly just Trumps market has done better as of date as of same time. Homey, I ain't concerned so much as what he's done for me I'm actually more concerned what he's has done for the american people. More jobs means low unemployment, actually in record numbers for blacks, whites and hispanics,,, like I said,, all americans, but you refuse to acknowledge that. Why? Because he's an asshole. Not a valid stand to make. The country is being pulled apart from you asshole liberals who will stop at nothing, even selling out a country that has benefitted you because you can't stand that a republican is making america a better nation for every average citizen. You still believe that MAGA is about rounding up and lynching every black across america. Grow up and stop listening to your extreme biased media. You're wrong on all counts and It's warping your brain. Gkekeo has already listed many positive things Trump as done and guess what,,you refute every single one. He then tells you a negative Obama has done,, and guess what,, you refute every one with your "garbled google nonsense."

I have read just about everything you have posted in this thread topic and I'm convinced your just a bitter old black man who just can't get past that past. I can promise you that Trump don't hate blacks but you can't believe that. I can promise you that Trump loves this country and every legal citizen in it but you can't believe that. Your to busy screaming for his impeachment right along with Maxine 'the nut case who should be in jail' Waters. Why should he be impeached btw,,, because he's an ass? Is that really grounds for impeachment? Because of Collusion with Russia? Has there ever been any proof. Seems only proof that ever comes out is with your party in collusion with the FBI to take down a president because he aint their guy... or gal.

Yea,, obviously you and me won't ever agree on anything. I see the good that has come of this nation since Trump took office. Moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Pulled the "we hate america' Iranians out of the nuke deal that gave them an open path. Begun talks with North Korea. Created millions of new jobs that Obama just couldn't figure out. Has brought to the attention the opiod crisis that inflicts this nation daily. Renegotiated unfair trade deals.... but you see none of this. Turn off the TV and open both right and left eye and you'll start to see things clearer... and fairer.

Listen, I got no beef with you personally. My beef is with the millions of americans (some illegal) who protest and cause havoc for absolutely no reason but to create "havoc" for the rest of us. Half the idiots don't even know what they're protesting. I hope you weren't on board with the rest of the hypocrites who unjustly tried to fry Brett Kavanaugh from his rightly place because of a heresy charge 36 years ago. Please tell me you weren't on board with that train wreck the liberals tried to pull. Please tell me you were appalled by it like any normal american should have been. Definitive proof hey I'm on board with you boys... but their was none,,, now was there. Im sure you caught the **** star lawyer coming up with his lying client to derail a nomination. Serial rapist they claimed. Please tell me you weren't gullible into believing that one.

Bottom line: Trump aint a crowd favorite. I don't like his stupid childlike tweets,,, however, I see past that. I see a man who wants to make america great for all its citizens. I see a man who is trying to stop the raping of america by other countries with better trade deals. I see a man who is winning, as promised and I see a democratic party incensed by his accomplishments simply because they couldn't.. or have the balls.. to step on toes and get it done. Again, no beef with you... just the party you claim "not" to lean with.

I'm sure that you consider yourself a serious person and I'll not refute that, so let's take a lo0ok at what you have now confessed to be.

You say that I refuse to acknowledge Trumps contribution to current economic conditions, wrong! Where I disagree is in the attempt to give credit where it is not warranted. It is you and @Gk who refuse to properly give credit to "Obumma." Personally I don't give a shit about Trump being an asshole, I do care about the clear signs that a country this divided being vulnerable to persons who show all of the earmarks of a want to be dictator. I know that you don't believe me but, an interesting read for you might be this...
The Rise and Fall of Adolf Hitler by William L. Shirer ...
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-rise-and-fall-of-adolf-hitler...

It includes everything from "Making Germany great again" attacks on the media, white fears, even the return of good economic conditions following WWI and tribalism. The parallels are troublesome. You want to choose to be myopic that's fine.

It is interesting that you throw out the term "liberal" as if that's something to be dismissed, that sort of historical ignorance is stunning. Stop buying into talking points and maybe you'll discover your ability think for yourself, do your own research and form more considered opinion.

To be fair, as I've responded to @HTTR08, it is possible that I missed those listed accomplishments and that's my fault (I read everything) and if so between the two of us, I've reached out to him for another listing with citations and if possible some fact checking.

Elections have consequences, Kavanaugh is but one of those incidentals to the 2016 election results. I am personally against abortion, since that too seems to be one of the primary stances against him. However, my position is mine and is not in a "free" country to be imposed upon someone with a differing opinion. In fact, I'll, admit that Roe v. Wade was indeed improperly ruled. The court should have ruled that it had no standing in that case and that there must be no law preventing abortion for those who desired them. Moving on, It is instructive to note the double standard in this country when the "charge is sexual assault.

So let's talk about that "garbled google nonsense." you claim that I spout. First GK is NOT the ultimate authority on facts. He gives an opinion, I return the same, however, when the question on the table requires facts, backed by citation and actual fact checking, I make it a point to post those facts. The idea that it's all "garbled google nonsense." is telling. Maybe it a case of not wanting to deal with facts! Oh well.

So. I'm a bitter old man who just can't get past that past huh? Well, to that I'll simply write "What's past is prologue" it's a line from Shakespeare's play "The Tempest." Now what does that mean? Well, simply put history doesn't happen in a vacuum, it prepares us for those things that we are about to do. How exactly does one forget or as you claim "get past that past" and honestly expect to function without a historical basis fails me. It is altogether possible that Trump is exactly the result of not knowing our history or denying it.

I'm just going to repost what you've written and ask, is this really the manner in which you want to represent yourself? REALLY? [you wrote]

"I have read just about everything you have posted in this thread topic and I'm convinced your just a bitter old black man who just can't get past that past. I can promise you that Trump don't hate blacks but you can't believe that. I can promise you that Trump loves this country and every legal citizen in it but you can't believe that. Your to busy screaming for his impeachment right along with Maxine 'the nut case who should be in jail' Waters. Why should he be impeached btw,,, because he's an ass? Is that really grounds for impeachment? Because of Collusion with Russia? Has there ever been any proof. Seems only proof that ever comes out is with your party in collusion with the FBI to take down a president because he aint their guy... or gal."

BTW: you are completely off base in suggesting that you and I won't ever agree on anything. I understand that it's probably your fear or better, a reluctance to actually consider things without becoming emotional, (see above) but again you're totally wrong on this. In fact, it seems to me that we are both fans of a particular football team, correct? If I said that I am hoping to see a season where they not only go undefeated but also repeat as SB winners, you're not telling me that you would disagree with that are you?

In relation to this:

Moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Pulled the "we hate america' Iranians out of the nuke deal that gave them an open path. Begun talks with North Korea. Created millions of new jobs that Obama just couldn't figure out. Has brought to the attention the opiod crisis that inflicts this nation daily. Renegotiated unfair trade deals.... but you see none of this. Turn off the TV and open both right and left eye and you'll start to see things clearer... and fairer.

With the exception of the so called "opiod crisis" and the creating of millions of jobs stuff everything else is subject to time as judgement. We wait to see how those thing work out. I'm not sure why you are so hell bent on giving credit for something that ongoing. Now about the "opiod crisis" @gkekoa if I recall correctly made it a point that his stance on substance abuse is connected to the judicial system, if true why then is it now a "crisis" when very recent history (Oh no not again) tells us that he's consistent in the way that it's been handled to date?

In relation to those jobs that Obama "just couldn't figure out" let's go with the facts and not YOUR hatred. Here are the facts, deal with them!
How Trump compares with Obama so far on jobs
https://money.cnn.com/2017/08/04/news/economy/jobs-trump-vs-obama/

Finally, I can't speak for either Democrats or Republicans however, I do take exception from anyone who claims credit for something that he's not done. Therein lies the Faultline upon which people disagree with Donald Trump and those who support his ridiculous claims. It is possible that his claims make your nipples hard, or gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, but I promise you, that's not winning! Winning means that we lift all not just the choir! So let me end on a shared note. Since we both follow the same team and hopefully, always want them to do well, it is instructive to note that recently our team stood at 2-1 and hope surrounded the notion that 3-1 was possible, with nothing but good things to follow, remember? Well the question is, was that feeling "winning" or did we ultimately realize that substance trumped (pun intended) our feelings? Good luck with your feelings, I'll stick with the facts!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, however you have to ask the question, how did it get there? Certainly it wasn't the fault of those getting it, so it's possible that there something a bit more sinister going on. Probably political especially if we honestly answer the other question...what's the best way to get rid of a program that a politician group or special interest doesn't like?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, however you have to ask the question, how did it get there? Certainly it wasn't the fault of those getting it, so it's possible that there something a bit more sinister going on. Probably political especially if we honestly answer the other question...what's the best way to get rid of a program that a politician group or special interest doesn't like?

Deport them??? :noidea: :pound:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know because its never happened as far as I can tell. Once a government program, forever a government program. And for ever inefficient and growing more expensive.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another case of GOP Voter suppression. If at first you cant win a fair election.. disenfranchise those who voted against your party

The Supreme Court just made it harder for Democrats to win the Senate

The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld a lower-court order requiring voters in North Dakota to present certain forms of identification and proof of their residential address in order to cast a ballot in next month’s elections. A case challenging this requirement on behalf of the state’s sizable Native American populations alleged that the requirement would disenfranchise tribal residents, many of whom lack the proper identification and do not have residential addresses on their identification cards.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another case of GOP Voter suppression. If at first you cant win a fair election.. disenfranchise those who voted against your party

The Supreme Court just made it harder for Democrats to win the Senate

The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld a lower-court order requiring voters in North Dakota to present certain forms of identification and proof of their residential address in order to cast a ballot in next month’s elections. A case challenging this requirement on behalf of the state’s sizable Native American populations alleged that the requirement would disenfranchise tribal residents, many of whom lack the proper identification and do not have residential addresses on their identification cards.

So you think that asking everyone to prove who they are in order to vote wrong? Seriously?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that asking everyone to prove who they are in order to vote wrong? Seriously?

I think constructing laws to make it harder for AMERICANS to vote is wrong. A law that requires a street postal address when the majority of the Native Americans get their mail at a PO box is designed to disenfranchise Native Americans most of whom vote democrat.

Or lets look at it like this, MOST military people on deployment have their mail sent to either the Army, Air Force, or Fleet PO Box in NY. From there it is forwarded to their particular unit. If the same rule were put in place, 60% of our military would in fact not be able to vote.

SO yes I think most of the voter identity laws put in place are designed to disenfranchise minorities for the most part. But it sounds politically correct to say, we just want to make sure every one that votes is supposed to vote, rather than saying.. hey we want to get rid of possible voters against our party platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.