• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they dont almost no coverage on trumps good things , like prison reform little coverage on any hearing involving ohr , strzok , page , IG report email releases

Actually they did in fact cover ALL of these things. Trump just gets his thong twisted because they are not spouting how GREAT he is doing.

Just as on the flip side Fox downplayed the separation of Children from parents, or the fact that they have now started to look for ways to strip citizenship from people who have been citizens for years.

As for the Average Median income thing.. which is is.. Meritocracy where those who apply themselves do well, or the white man isnt even getting a fair shake in his own country and this just proves it??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and , your point is ? they should be put in jail and america has to put up with those crimes but fact is sty if you arent here to commit the crime the CRIME DOESNT HAPPEN

The point is crime happens everywhere and by all types of people. Your point if I understand you is that it happened because they were in the country illegally. My counter point is they just might have committed the same crimes had they been in the country legally.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they did in fact cover ALL of these things. Trump just gets his thong twisted because they are not spouting how GREAT he is doing.

Just as on the flip side Fox downplayed the separation of Children from parents, or the fact that they have now started to look for ways to strip citizenship from people who have been citizens for years.

As for the Average Median income thing.. which is is.. Meritocracy where those who apply themselves do well, or the white man isnt even getting a fair shake in his own country and this just proves it??

What?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@skinsdad62 Has made the claim that what you guys call MSM never covers or reports on the positives of what trump has done. The fact is, they have and do. What they dont do is gloss over the negatives of what Mr Trump does as Fox tends to do.

As for the second part, I think I was clear. Either you believe in the meritocracy you pine for. In which case, those median numbers would prove immigrants have merited the income they have. Or you think as you have hinted, immigrants are driving down the income of whites, and in order ot fix this we need less immigrants, thus saying merit isnt the measure.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love watching him take credit for jobs he said wouldn’t be there

What jobs did Trump bring back? Any economist worth listening to will tell you that economic recoveries have a starting point. Do the research, the current economic recovery started with Obama, it's now gone for 95 straight months and is on the verge of becoming the longest in U.S. history. So simple math:

How many years are there in 95 months? 95/12 = 7.916...
So who was president 7.916... years ago?

PLEASE....Please...please, DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.....Look it up, prove me wrong, show your work and I'll denounce my throne as prince of Zamunda (sorry "Coming to America" is on and I couldn't let the moment pass)

BTW: Here's my work:

Current U.S. economic recovery may end up as longest ever ...
www.marketwatch.comEconomy & PoliticsCapitol Report
The seven-year-old economic recovery in the U.S. is already the fourth longest since 1850, and the odds of the current expansion breaking the record is not so farfetched. The long road back from the Great Recession began in mid-2009 and July marks the 84th month of recovery.

How Long Will the Economic Recovery Last? | The Report ...
https://www.usnews.com/.../how-long-will-the-economic-recovery-last

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is you are missing why 45 was elected but cling to a BS narrative

Sorry, but I'm not missing anything, which part of what you posted isn't true?

1. Aren't there people who cling to their bibles?

2. Aren't there people who clutch their guns?

3. Aren't there people who stand in front of a smelly Walmart somewhere who also have deplorable friends?

Don't they also vote? I get it, the guy who said it you and others didn't like, that's fair, but to make it an all inclusive insult is just plain ignorant. As I've stated repeatedly, If it doesn't apply to you, why insist upon pretending that it does? Now if it does, then it's true....Right??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe , just maybe they cover real news the others don’t .

They all cover "real news" I believe that you're confusing "News" with "News talk" Gigantic difference.

BTW: I've already proven to you guys that Republicans/ Conservatives dominate the airwaves in this country. It is TOTAL BULLSHIT that Progressive/Liberal radio, TV or internet even comes close. Stick with that talking point at the cost of your own veracity.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that CNN and MSNBC currently are stocked with former FOX news readers? NOT 100% but certainly there are a noticeable number of them. I have names!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker Carlson is a blithering idiot, has been since his old bowtie days on a local channel here. His attempts to appear incredulous is an act that is long past its expiration date. He is bereft of facts and full of supposition. At this point in time, I cannot honestly say, he wouldn't oppose someone from another political party telling him that his name is Tucker.

Ann Coulter I cannot say what I really want to say about this vulture, however, selling books to an unwitting public is a disservice to the nation.

Sean Hannity, host of state run TV, 'nuff said.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016-income-race.jpg

Maybe this is what you guys are referring to, maybe not! It is possible that you're each talking about one of these charts and are both right from that perspective.

household-net-worth.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinsdad62 Has made the claim that what you guys call MSM never covers or reports on the positives of what trump has done. The fact is, they have and do. What they dont do is gloss over the negatives of what Mr Trump does as Fox tends to do.

As for the second part, I think I was clear. Either you believe in the meritocracy you pine for. In which case, those median numbers would prove immigrants have merited the income they have. Or you think as you have hinted, immigrants are driving down the income of whites, and in order ot fix this we need less immigrants, thus saying merit isnt the measure.

So they gloss over the good and hammer the bad...exactly the opposite of how they coddled Obama, the democrat.

I think you miss the obvious point. The immigrants do warrant the money they receive. We are not begrudging them the money they earn. Look at Asians and how they excel. Obviously, you want us to compare that to those from south of the border, yet, they typically have lower salaries. We can do a comparison of education levels and cultures from those immigrating from Asia and Hispanic countries if you like. Also, it would be interesting to see what percentages of illegal immigrants, those we actually complain about, are included in driving down the household incomes of Hispanics. Finally, we should also oook at the marriage rates and dual income families.

You see...you think we care about race. We don’t. Asians earn their money. Hispanics, both legal and illegal, earn their money. It is meritocracy. Asians just earn more for a variety of reasons, but skin tone has nothing to do with it. Stay asked a few days ago, what will cure racism. My reply was nothing, but I do have something that could help it...people stop blaming their skin tone for their short-comings as individuals and in totality. If you want to make money...get a good education starting as a youth and stay out of prison. If you want your children to be successful...push education on them, keep them out of trouble, and stay married.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What jobs did Trump bring back? Any economist worth listening to will tell you that economic recoveries have a starting point. Do the research, the current economic recovery started with Obama, it's now gone for 95 straight months and is on the verge of becoming the longest in U.S. history. So simple math:

How many years are there in 95 months? 95/12 = 7.916...
So who was president 7.916... years ago?

PLEASE....Please...please, DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.....Look it up, prove me wrong, show your work and I'll denounce my throne as prince of Zamunda (sorry "Coming to America" is on and I couldn't let the moment pass)

BTW: Here's my work:

Current U.S. economic recovery may end up as longest ever ...
www.marketwatch.comEconomy & PoliticsCapitol Report
The seven-year-old economic recovery in the U.S. is already the fourth longest since 1850, and the odds of the current expansion breaking the record is not so farfetched. The long road back from the Great Recession began in mid-2009 and July marks the 84th month of recovery.

How Long Will the Economic Recovery Last? | The Report ...
https://www.usnews.com/.../how-long-will-the-economic-recovery-last

Manufacturing jobs growing at fastest rate in 23 years

Well, these jobs are returning. These are jobs that Obama specifically said would never return.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all cover "real news" I believe that you're confusing "News" with "News talk" Gigantic difference.

BTW: I've already proven to you guys that Republicans/ Conservatives dominate the airwaves in this country. It is TOTAL BULLSHIT that Progressive/Liberal radio, TV or internet even comes close. Stick with that talking point at the cost of your own veracity.

not confusing it at all . they dont cover much of what i have listed above

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I'm not missing anything, which part of what you posted isn't true?

1. Aren't there people who cling to their bibles?

2. Aren't there people who clutch their guns?

3. Aren't there people who stand in front of a smelly Walmart somewhere who also have deplorable friends?

Don't they also vote? I get it, the guy who said it you and others didn't like, that's fair, but to make it an all inclusive insult is just plain ignorant. As I've stated repeatedly, If it doesn't apply to you, why insist upon pretending that it does? Now if it does, then it's true....Right??

you ( not you personally ) just stereo typed a group of people disdainly , i might add and you think that they didnt vote for 45 because of that ?? its the russins that did it ?

it couldnt be that he was voted in because they disagree with the previous presidents policies

i bet there are certain groups of people that if i stereo typed them that wouldnt go over well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are right shark at a 92 % negative to a 8 % positive , bravo for the fairness

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they gloss over the good and hammer the bad...exactly the opposite of how they coddled Obama, the democrat.

I think you miss the obvious point. The immigrants do warrant the money they receive. We are not begrudging them the money they earn. Look at Asians and how they excel. Obviously, you want us to compare that to those from south of the border, yet, they typically have lower salaries. We can do a comparison of education levels and cultures from those immigrating from Asia and Hispanic countries if you like. Also, it would be interesting to see what percentages of illegal immigrants, those we actually complain about, are included in driving down the household incomes of Hispanics. Finally, we should also oook at the marriage rates and dual income families.

You see...you think we care about race. We don’t. Asians earn their money. Hispanics, both legal and illegal, earn their money. It is meritocracy. Asians just earn more for a variety of reasons, but skin tone has nothing to do with it. Stay asked a few days ago, what will cure racism. My reply was nothing, but I do have something that could help it...people stop blaming their skin tone for their short-comings as individuals and in totality. If you want to make money...get a good education starting as a youth and stay out of prison. If you want your children to be successful...push education on them, keep them out of trouble, and stay married.

it isnt about caring about race . its showing that a lot of what is being said about people of color is simply not true

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of one side of Obama's mouth he says you can't win people over by calling them names, dismissing them.

Out of the other side of his mouth Obama trashes 63 million Americans as paranoid, divisive, & resentful.

Still wonder why 45 won ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of one side of Obama's mouth he says you can't win people over by calling them names, dismissing them.

Out of the other side of his mouth Obama trashes 63 million Americans as paranoid, divisive, & resentful.

Still wonder why 45 won ?
This is NOT why 45 won, Ignorance, a poor opposing candidate, and a slick con job is why he won. Anything that you can think of will neatly fit under one of these categories.

Please move us to the "Off Topic" thread before @Sportster becomes apoplectic and gives both of us one of these:

th
:D:pound:

THis is STY's response . i couldnt move the thread from the cards pregame so i copied and pasted it for him so his voice is heard .

i posted the original above in the wrong thread because i was on the cell phone

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is NOT why 45 won, Ignorance, a poor opposing candidate, and a slick con job is why he won. Anything that you can think of will neatly fit under one of these categories.

Please move us to the "Off Topic" thread before @Sportster becomes apoplectic and gives both of us one of these:

th
:D:pound:
Actually, the reason he won is his opponent. That is the sole reason he won.

GK's response

Status
Not open for further replies.