• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please no Nash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, it would be a feel good story. Yes, it would get fans back into the ACC. Yes, him and Baldy would piss so many dimes that both their balls turn royal blue. But it's too short-sighted. We're going to reach a nice little high before crumbling back down to where we are now. This can't happen. Either we build this team the right way or bust. If we're going to throw money at a PG, I say we throw our money at Anakin Skywalker:

025.jpg

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the only good reason i see to sign nash is the fact that he'll retire without even a finals run under his bet let alone a rigged ring. You know, i'm warming up to the idea

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be so happy to sign nash. hes a top 50 all time player, and hes still got a lot left in the tank. we'd be an automatic playoff team with him, and a lot of fun to watch.

we're gonna have cap room, would you rather BC use it on Nash or the next white flag, or goo goo g'joob? we're going to use the cap room on some one, and i want it to be nash.

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We all know that next year, BC will be in his final year of his contract. Given that the roster is currently built....they will make a run for a playoff spot next year for sure.

I would rather pick up Nash on a short term contract for 2 or 3 years, than overpaying some young guy, Dragic in this case....WE ALL FUCKIN KNOW THAT in order for him to come here...we will have to overpay him FOR SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The long term contracts that BC has handed out during his time in Toronto HAVEN'T WORKED OUT at all, such as Kapono.....Amir.......BALL......

Therefore, I would rather pick up Nash than Dragic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's going to be tough for this team to continuing justifying Used Car Salesman's contract if:

1) We keep being too cautious with our money and are afraid to take a risk on a player on the cusp of being REALLY good or

2) Even when we pull the trigger, the player ends up being a dud.

Maybe Salesman really just sucks that much balls when it comes to free agents, but he has to break out of this free agent funk sometime, right guys??? right?! guys???

As for Nash, don't get me wrong. It'd be awesome having him here. I just want to build this team right for the long run, as opposed to being back in the same place two years later.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough for this team to continuing justifying Used Car Salesman's contract if:

1) We keep being too cautious with our money and are afraid to take a risk on a player on the cusp of being REALLY good or

2) Even when we pull the trigger, the player ends up being a dud.

Maybe Salesman really just sucks that much balls when it comes to free agents, but he has to break out of this free agent funk sometime, right guys??? right?! guys???

As for Nash, don't get me wrong. It'd be awesome having him here. I just want to build this team right for the long run, as opposed to being back in the same place two years later.

See there's no reason to believe he'll get out of his funk. The majority of contracts signed through free agency, teams end of regretting. I'd say only like 10% of the contracts teams would end up being satisfied with who they signed. Over the past decade one of the few free agents that a team didn't regret was signing Nash, and I'd like to see the Raptors do the same.