• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably depends on how Iowa and Wisky finish after the 12/19 games . And how UNC finishes after an assumed loss to ND. Say Iowa wins out and Wisky beats everyone but Iow or Iowa loses to Wisky but ends 6-3 while Badgers split with IU etc . The Clemson win would be best but not as good as it'd obviously have been if Lawrence played. I'm just saying the resumes aren't that dissimilar at that point

I just think there's a better chance UNC finishes ranked then both of Wisconsin/Iowa, especially since they play each other. Either way Clemson/UNC is probably a better set of wins than a combination of Iowa/Wisconsin. And IU would only have a Wisconsin win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think there's a better chance UNC finishes ranked then both of Wisconsin/Iowa, especially since they play each other. Either way Clemson/UNC is probably a better set of wins than a combination of Iowa/Wisconsin. And IU would only have a Wisconsin win.
Well IU would beat Iowa or Wisky on 12/19 as well in order to win out ( don't forget B10 is playing 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3 etc on that date too )

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well IU would beat Iowa or Wisky on 12/19 as well in order to win out ( don't forget B10 is playing 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3 etc on that date too )

Yeah I get that. So if Wisconsin loses to IU and Iowa the best they can do is 3-3, at that point. That's not a good win, considering they would have wins over Minnesota, Michigan and probably MD/Michigan in the 3 vs. 3 matchup.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say those first rankings were a crock of shit.

Number of games should matter, but when you have 2 losses and in ISU case you lost to fucking Louisiana. You cannot be above undefeated power conference teams.

Oh yeah, the Big 12 is also dog shit so that argument is gone.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say those first rankings were a crock of shit.

Number of games should matter, but when you have 2 losses and in ISU case you lost to fucking Louisiana. You cannot be above undefeated power conference teams.

Oh yeah, the Big 12 is also dog shit so that argument is gone.
Conversely ISU beat 2 loss Oklahoma ( and beat the other team who beat OU 45-0 ) but is ranked behind OU

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely ISU beat 2 loss Oklahoma ( and beat the other team who beat OU 45-0 ) but is ranked behind OU

Yeah like I said, 2 loss teams at this point should be done. And the entire big 12 really shouldnt even be in the top 20. Terrible conference and all have 2 losses

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like I said, 2 loss teams at this point should be done. And the entire big 12 really shouldnt even be in the top 20. Terrible conference and all have 2 losses
I have no freaking idea why Iowa is top 25

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you salty bro? Fields is gone, get over it.
Don't want Fields. He holds on to the ball way too long and panics whenever there is any sort of pressure. Any time OSU plays a decent team he doesn't do anything special. If he was still at Georgia he'd be playing decent teams all the time instead of just once or twice a year.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Fields. He holds on to the ball way too long and panics whenever there is any sort of pressure. Any time OSU plays a decent team he doesn't do anything special. If he was still at Georgia he'd be playing decent teams all the time instead of just once or twice a year.
Mike - mad respect for the SEC, but UGA only plays 2 or 3 tough teams every year also. Please don’t come back with:
Vanderbilt
Missouri
South Carolina
Kentucky
Tennessee

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is the unspoken. What happens if one team in the playoffs can't play the semi-final? It forfeits and the other team moves on the final. What happens if one team can't play in the final? We have no championship game, and the other team wins the natty. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never go full retard. Also really goes to show you’ve actually never seen him play. He’s about as cool as the other side of the pillow in the pocket. He’s extremely hard to take down in the pocket, he’s got great feel for blitzing pressure. Usually he waits right up until the moment of impact and spins away never getting touched. If he is touched, takes two usually to bring him down. He’s insanely accurate. Didn’t have an incompletion in the first quarter through his first 3 games. Had 11 TD’s and only 11 incompletions and no interceptions until last week. Only 3 INT’s all of last season. Last week may have been his worst performance with 3 INT’s and still led the offense with over 600 yards and 42 points. He’s a top 10 pick in next year’s draft. But not good enough for Georgia? The butt hurt is strong in that reply.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never go full retard. Also really goes to show you’ve actually never seen him play. He’s about as cool as the other side of the pillow in the pocket. He’s extremely hard to take down in the pocket, he’s got great feel for blitzing pressure. Usually he waits right up until the moment of impact and spins away never getting touched. If he is touched, takes two usually to bring him down. He’s insanely accurate. Didn’t have an incompletion in the first quarter through his first 3 games. Had 11 TD’s and only 11 incompletions and no interceptions until last week. Only 3 INT’s all of last season. Last week may have been his worst performance with 3 INT’s and still led the offense with over 600 yards and 42 points. He’s a top 10 pick in next year’s draft. But not good enough for Georgia? The butt hurt is strong in that reply.
"He's about as cool as the other side of the pillow in the pocket" is probably the dumbest statement I've ever heard in my life! Haha. Thanks for that laugh. He is a big guy and he is mobile, so yeah he is hard to bring down. That doesn't mean he doesn't hold on to the ball way too long. And yeah, keep bragging about his stats against teams that are 0-5, 1-3 and 1-4. That's my point, his schedule is so incredibly easy that at least 20 guys could do what he does in that situation. As soon as he plays even decent teams he doesn't do anything special. And when gets pressure he panics. And you're also right that he'll be a top-10 pick. And he will flop big time. JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, etc were also top-10 picks. Doesn't mean they're actually great.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike - mad respect for the SEC, but UGA only plays 2 or 3 tough teams every year also. Please don’t come back with:
Vanderbilt
Missouri
South Carolina
Kentucky
Tennessee
Georgia usually plays 3-4 games just against top-12 teams most years. Not even counting bowl games, of course. And usually sprinkle in a couple other top-25 games in there.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's about as cool as the other side of the pillow in the pocket" is probably the dumbest statement I've ever heard in my life! Haha. Thanks for that laugh. He is a big guy and he is mobile, so yeah he is hard to bring down. That doesn't mean he doesn't hold on to the ball way too long. And yeah, keep bragging about his stats against teams that are 0-5, 1-3 and 1-4. That's my point, his schedule is so incredibly easy that at least 20 guys could do what he does in that situation. As soon as he plays even decent teams he doesn't do anything special. And when gets pressure he panics. And you're also right that he'll be a top-10 pick. And he will flop big time. JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, etc were also top-10 picks. Doesn't mean they're actually great.
Man, gotta love the myopic southern slack jaw SEC homer point of view sometimes. Really clouds your judgment. Fields had a ridiculous 41-3 TD/INT ratio last year, 67% completion percentage, 3 wins over top 10 teams, all against a Sagrin SOS of #6 (and #1 SOS in other publications).

Boy, fiction can be fuuuuuuun. Glad you think the QB situation down there in Athens is better off without the guy. Who’s your QB again? Asking for a friend.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, gotta love the myopic southern slack jaw SEC homer point of view sometimes. Really clouds your judgment. Fields had a ridiculous 41-3 TD/INT ratio last year, 67% completion percentage, 3 wins over top 10 teams, all against a Sagrin SOS of #6 (and #1 SOS in other publications).

Boy, fiction can be fuuuuuuun. Glad you think the QB situation down there in Athens is better off without the guy. Who’s your QB again? Asking for a friend.
We can all act like people are better than they are if we make up stats that aren't true, like "3 wins over top-10 teams". Put a reminder on your phone in couple years to talk to me again so we can talk when Fields is a big flop in the NFL! I bet you thought Dwayne Haskins was good too! Haha

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what year(s) should osu have gotten in?
Didn't say they should have been in, but certainly there were years they could have been justified to make it. 2018 comes to mind for sure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say they should have been in, but certainly there were years they could have been justified to make it. 2018 comes to mind for sure.

OU had the better resume that year.

Both had 3 wins against ranked teams.
OU lost to a ranked team.
OSU lost by 30 to a .500 team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU had the better resume that year.

Both had 3 wins against ranked teams.
OU lost to a ranked team.
OSU lost by 30 to a .500 team.
didn't say OSU should get in, but a case could be made. Too bad they couldn't get a do-over like OU did.

Also could have made a case for them in 2017. and, yes, was a case not to. Hell, could have made a case in 2015. Didn't deserve it with anything other than the "very best teams" argument. Doubt anyone thought MSU had a better shot than OSU would have. But MSU did deserve it.

My point was they have not gotten any special treatment by any stretch as was implied.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't say OSU should get in, but a case could be made. Too bad they couldn't get a do-over like OU did.

Also could have made a case for them in 2017. and, yes, was a case not to. Hell, could have made a case in 2015. Didn't deserve it with anything other than the "very best teams" argument. Doubt anyone thought MSU had a better shot than OSU would have. But MSU did deserve it.

My point was they have not gotten any special treatment by any stretch as was implied.

They've gotten in when they deserved too, and didn't when they didn't deserve too. It's pretty cut and dry. I thought they were obvious selections in 2014 and 2016 when people weren't sure.

I don't really think a case can be made in 2015 or 2017 either. Though you'd have a better argument for 2017 than 2015 IMO.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right that they missed out on those times when theoretically they could've made it. But you could also argue that they didn't deserve to get in in 2014. Yeah, it's easy to say now that they "proved they belong", etc since they won. But at the time of the selection, you could easily argue that Baylor or TCU deserved it more than them. Also, in 2016 you could also easily argue that Penn State deserved in over them as well. Again, not saying they shouldn't have been in, but just as much of a debate as the times you mentioned.

But mostly I would like to clarify, when I initially said something about the "love that everyone has for Ohio State" I wasn't only meaning that they get CFP spots when they shouldn't, etc. I just mean things like they're always talked about like they're so dominant and often being ranked higher than I personally believe they should be throughout the years, etc. But you are correct that there have been times that they've been reasonably "in the debate" for a CFP spot and still did not make it.