• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama will win out and make the playoffs.
Ohio State's schedule is even easier than it usually is, so they will win out and make the playoffs.
Clemson will beat Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game and make the playoffs.

The question is: Would an undefeated Cincinnati have a chance to get in over a 1-loss Notre Dame, whose only solid victory would've been over a Trevor Lawrence-less Clemson team? Which is still a good win, of course. But not nearly as good as it looks without Lawrence, IMO. Would a 1-loss Texas A&M have a chance at that point? Would Oregon have enough on it's resume even if they're undefeated with a short-schedule, not a very difficult one and without the love that the everyone has for OSU.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance for A&M, but I would bet that even if ND lost the ACC CCG, as long as it is close (like the first game), they would still make it in.

Bama
Ohio St
Clemson
Notre Dame

is what I am expecting right now. As long as Notre Dame doesn't lose the way A&M did to Bama, I think there is a fair chance they get in with a loss. There aren't many identifiable contenders out there. My preference would be to get Cincinnati or BYU in there, but even in a down year like this with few contenders, I don't see it. I think A&M has an easier route if Notre Dame beats Clemson again.

But we can't count out the PAC yet. They don't have many games, but the committee may just want some variation.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance for A&M, but I would bet that even if ND lost the ACC CCG, as long as it is close (like the first game), they would still make it in.

Bama
Ohio St
Clemson
Notre Dame

is what I am expecting right now. As long as Notre Dame doesn't lose the way A&M did to Bama, I think there is a fair chance they get in with a loss. There aren't many identifiable contenders out there. My preference would be to get Cincinnati or BYU in there, but even in a down year like this with few contenders, I don't see it. I think A&M has an easier route if Notre Dame beats Clemson again.

But we can't count out the PAC yet. They don't have many games, but the committee may just want some variation.

This is my top 4 as well.

If ND or Clemson lose 1 from here on out, I'd put Cincy in....

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a suggestion that if Cincy and BYU win out, they play on Dec 19. Of course the AAC would have to agree to let Cincy out of its championship game but I could see that happening. The winner would not be a lock for spot #4 but a legitimate candidate. It certainly would complicate the decision for the committee.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my top 4 as well.

If ND or Clemson lose 1 from here on out, I'd put Cincy in....
See I can agree to that with Clemson, but not ND. Notre Dame has the best win in college football right now. So if they lose the ACC CCG close to a team many view as playoff bound - I think they should still be given credit. It is difficult to beat the same team twice in one year. Only issue is that if Clemson wins and they both do get in.... could you imagine the NC coming down to Clemson vs ND AGAIN for the 3rd time in one year lol. That is my only hesitation with ND. Losing late sucks, but they would still have the best win in CFB, better than A&M in my opinion.

But who knows, I hope a G5 makes it. I hope the G5 wins in the first round too though I don't see it happening - because then maybe they will expand the playoff to at least 8.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a suggestion that if Cincy and BYU win out, they play on Dec 19. Of course the AAC would have to agree to let Cincy out of its championship game but I could see that happening. The winner would not be a lock for spot #4 but a legitimate candidate. It certainly would complicate the decision for the committee.
I'd be surprised if the AAC would let them out of the conference championship game, but I would love it if they did that! It would really be a win-win for those teams since neither one seems likely to make it in even with an undefeated season, but a win against each other would greatly increase their chances, even if it was still ultimately unlikely.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh, can we played again?

Please, please, please?

That was so much fun the last time.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cincy or BYU are going to be in the playoffs. Remember who's on the committee. It's a bunch of ADs from P5 schools who have never put a G5 school in contention. I doubt that changes this year.

I think if Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson win out, they are in. If ND loses just the ACC Championship, they are most likely in. The question is what happens if ND loses to say UNC and then loses again to Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then we are looking at one loss Texas A&M or even a potentially undefeated PAC 12 team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly a 1 loss NW ( if its a close loss to OSU ) would likely have as good an argument as a 1 loss ND by years end or even a 8-1 Indiana. Resumes would be about the same . ND would get the nod because ND but realistically there's no real difference in the 3 teams results

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly a 1 loss NW ( if its a close loss to OSU ) would likely have as good an argument as a 1 loss ND by years end or even a 8-1 Indiana. Resumes would be about the same . ND would get the nod because ND but realistically there's no real difference in the 3 teams results
I wish the committee literally ranked these teams regardless of the names on the uniforms. Take everything in consideration, for sure. Including schedules, eye test, etc. But I feel like they don't give the G5 teams a fair shot even based off that. If it's close they always go with the P5 school. And then we all know some teams get extra consideration just because they're so generally loved, etc. I think CFP committee has a done a better job of being fair than any of it's predecessors, but still not 100% fair yet...

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's schedule is even easier than it usually is, so they will win out and make the playoffs.
Clemson will beat Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game and make the playoffs.

The question is: Would an undefeated Cincinnati have a chance to get in over a 1-loss Notre Dame, whose only solid victory would've been over a Trevor Lawrence-less Clemson team? Which is still a good win, of course. But not nearly as good as it looks without Lawrence, IMO. Would a 1-loss Texas A&M have a chance at that point? Would Oregon have enough on it's resume even if they're undefeated with a short-schedule, not a very difficult one and without the love that the everyone has for OSU.
Except for the first two plays of the second overtime, how much better would Lawrence have been then the QB who played? Even with that said, Tom Brady could not have avoided the unblocked player on one of the sacks.
Playing against a team without its best player regardless of how well the replacement player does, would create a lot of maybes.
If Lawrence is still out and Clemson beats ND does Clemson still get in under your plan.
In my view, if Clemson beats ND then neither gets in or both get in. If Florida beat Alabama which one is out? If Northwestern upset Ohio State are they in as an undefeated, what if they lose a game and then defeat Ohio State?
If undefeated Cincinnati or BYU do not get in, then it is time to call it the Power 5 Championship, and create a playoff for the Group of 5. But do not call the Group of 5, Division 1 Football becasue it would not be.
And then there is always a possibility of an undefeated USC or Oregon or Washington.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cincy or BYU are going to be in the playoffs. Remember who's on the committee. It's a bunch of ADs from P5 schools who have never put a G5 school in contention. I doubt that changes this year.

I think if Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson win out, they are in. If ND loses just the ACC Championship, they are most likely in. The question is what happens if ND loses to say UNC and then loses again to Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then we are looking at one loss Texas A&M or even a potentially undefeated PAC 12 team.
Any two loss team is out. Does anyone know who plays in the ACC Championship if ND were to lose to North Carolina. ND holds the tie breaker on Clemson, Clemson holds the tiebreaker on Miami. ND and Miami did not play. All would have 1 loss. Does anyone know?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any two loss team is out. Does anyone know who plays in the ACC Championship if ND were to lose to North Carolina. ND holds the tie breaker on Clemson, Clemson holds the tiebreaker on Miami. ND and Miami did not play. All would have 1 loss. Does anyone know?

I don’t know for sure but most conferences would look at common record amongst the teams tied. Clemson would be 1-1, ND would be 1-0 and Miami would be 0-1. So Clemson/ND would be my guess

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you salty bro? Fields is gone, get over it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama
Ohio St
Clemson
Notre Dame

I expected a flip flop of Clemson/ND....and they can justify OSU at 4 with so few games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize CFP has left out OSU when it was questionable for them as or more often than when they let them in under those circumstances?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon's only way in(and really the Pac 12s only way in)

Beat Washington(have it be their only loss)

Beat USC in the title game(have it be their only loss)

USC could potentially do it if they beat Colorado who wins out otherwise and then beats an undefeated Oregon.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize CFP has left out OSU when it was questionable for them as or more often than when they let them in under those circumstances?

In what year(s) should osu have gotten in?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about that. NW would have wins over Wisconsin and Iowa, and that's it. IU would have a win over Wisconsin. ND would have a win over Clemson and UNC, which would be similar to Iowa. And if IU beats Wisconsin, Wisconsin might not even finish ranked. Would they rank a 3-2 team?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. NW would have wins over Wisconsin and Iowa, and that's it. IU would have a win over Wisconsin. ND would have a win over Clemson and UNC, which would be similar to Iowa. And if IU beats Wisconsin, Wisconsin might not even finish ranked. Would they rank a 3-2 team?
Probably depends on how Iowa and Wisky finish after the 12/19 games . And how UNC finishes after an assumed loss to ND. Say Iowa wins out and Wisky beats everyone but Iow or Iowa loses to Wisky but ends 6-3 while Badgers split with IU etc . The Clemson win would be best but not as good as it'd obviously have been if Lawrence played. I'm just saying the resumes aren't that dissimilar at that point