• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff selection committee members (first 6 announced)

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Wisconsin. Pay attention derpy. You may learn something...

:lol:

True, but only thanks to sanctions.

Name another? Oh you can't. Because it's a rare thing and non existent in the absence of sanctions.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name another? Oh you can't. Because it's a rare thing and non existent in the absence of sanctions.

OK. Nice logic. We will just pretend that a big name team will never get hit by sanctions again.

UCLA was what, a 4 loss team last year? Georgia Tech a 6 loss team?

What if they had won?

UCLA nearly did.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Nice logic. We will just pretend that a big name team will never get hit by sanctions again.

What if they had won?

UCLA nearly did.

It's better than your logic. Happens once in over a decade (again thanks to sanctions only) and you would make an issue of it in order to block a playoff proposal?

Now we see your real fear. What if they won...:laugh3:

What if they did? THEY WON!!! On the field derpy...

I suppose to you an undefeated team voted in by dummies is better than playing the game on the field.

:lame:

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about playoffs in this thread, troll. If you want to talk about playoffs vs the current and/or upcoming system, make a thread on it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better than your logic. Happens once in over a decade (again thanks to sanctions only) and you would make an issue of it in order to block a playoff proposal?

I suppose to you an undefeated team voted in by dummies is better than playing the game on the field.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about playoffs in this thread, troll. If you want to talk about playoffs vs the current and/or upcoming system, make a thread on it.

Bro... Seriously. I am not trolling. I am telling you what would, could happen in this scenario.

This directly relates to the committee, since the committee is choosing the playoffs.

There are so many holes in your scenario and I point them out and you get all red in the face again.

And if it can happen, it will happen.

Thank Godm the CFB decision makers agree with me instead of you.

You can dream of your ridiculous scenario all you want, but we will never see it. Sorry bout your luck.

Shit, no wonder why Wiz went out of his way to tell me about you.:L

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro... Seriously. I am not trolling. I am telling you what would, could happen in this scenario.

This directly relates to the committee, since the committee is choosing the playoffs.

There are so many holes in your scenario and I point them out and you get all red in the face again.

And if it can happen, it will happen.

Thank Godm the CFB decision makers agree with me instead of you.

You can dream of your ridiculous scenario all you want, but we will never see it. Sorry bout your luck.

Shit, no wonder why Wiz went out of his way to tell me about you.:L

A team winning on the field isn't a hole in a playoff scenario. Unless of course you're scared of your mighty ducks @ 12-0 of losing to a 9-3 team or whatever, which you apparently are.

...and no playoffs arent ridiculous at all. It's what everyone does to determine a champion except FBS football. We are moving towards playoffs now, and in time it will be a real playoff.

...Wiz is a lot more tolerant of dumbasses than I am.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course any committee like this is a stupid idea when the real solution is so much easier and more profitable.

boohooboohoo. Duck fans already ranting and preparing their couldve wouldve shouldve bullshit. :Cry:

No. An 8 team playoff where AQ conference champions go and 2 at large bids.

So a 5 loss conference champs can play in the playoff?

Nah.

Once again, why even play OOC games? I would have my 3rd string in every one of them. Dont need to win them since all you have to do is win the conference.

You would turn CFB OOC games into NFL preseason games.... worthless.

Just shut up already drama queen. Unless you can tell me when you last saw a 5 loss AQ champion...

Why play ooc games? Good question. Theres really only a few a year that matter anyway and that only because they are historic rivalries. You might bench your starters for those but you would be out of a job soon as well.

You're going all nancy
without considering other things like making all conferences play a 10 game conference schedule or a multitude of other changes easily implemented that would make the system far more credible than the BCS has ever been, and more than likely more credible than what we have coming up.

But this is about the current going ons, not Ironbreakers playoff idea. So I won't say anymore because I don't like to drag threads off topic like some people...

Last year Wisconsin. Pay attention derpy. You may learn something...

:lol:

Wisconsin

What if they had won?

UCLA nearly did.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about playoffs in this thread, troll.
If you want to talk about playoffs vs the current and/or upcoming system, make a thread on it.

IB, You seriously have anger issues. Just relax man.

Just thought I would remind you we are in the committee thread..... that chooses a playoff.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironbrains

Says the guy crying over a upcoming system that hasn't screwed anyone.

You would think someone like you with all of your whining over that system would favor a real playoff.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy crying over a upcoming system that hasn't screwed anyone.

You would think someone like you with all of your whining over that system would favor a real playoff.

And ruin the regular season?

Dumb

I'm just not in favor of 12 people in a closed room deciding that the polls are all wrong and picking whom they want no matter what everyone has seen all year long

This Husky is dumber than most. Impressive

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Archie Manning may be in the committee.

Dont know if this is :badmin:

But yeah, Archie is in...

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and football Hall of Famer Archie Manning are two of nine people expected to be part of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff that begins in 2014, a person familiar with the decision told USA TODAY Sports.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since these will be the guys that will be selecting which of our collective teams will get a shot at the National Championship every year, I thought it might be interesting to see who everyone thought should be on the list.

Here is what College Football Playoff executive director Bill Hancock has said previously will be included:

No current commissioners, coaches or media members would be on the committee, which will determine the four teams in the playoff. Besides current athletic directors, former coaches, athletic directors and administrators will be on the committee, which is expected to consist of 12 to 20 members. Hancock also has said previously there could be one retired media member on the committee.

Here is my Top Ten(not in order)

1. Tom Osbourne
2. Keith Jackson
3. Howard Schnellenberger
4. Barry Alvarez
5. Gene Stallings
6. Vince Dooley
7. Don Nehlan
8. Fisher DeBerry
9. Lloyd Carr
10. Don James

Others I considered: Deloss Dodds, John Robinson, Frank Broyles, LaVell Edwards, Hayden Fry, Dick MacPherson, Bobby Bowden, Barry Switzer and Ara Parseghian.

Of course there are two main problems with choosing any list of former coaches, AD's, administrators and such...Death and Dementia...but outside of current AD's, everybody under consideration is retired, most are at least in their late 70's, so the alternate list better be kept current.
How bout anyone under the age of 70 please. These guys will all be dead before the games even played.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like two years ago when Alabama was in the national title game despite playing a nearly mid-major schedule.

That's the real reason we dropped Sparty...so some internet dumbass wouldn't call a schedule with a 6-2 Big Ten team on it "mid-major".

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just hand it over to ESPIN...:rollseyes:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking that people would be bitching about the selection committee.

They could bring in the 12 Apostles and it would be completely wrong.

I actually think the people they have brought in are worthy of the position. And absolutely none of them have any ties to my team other than the current AD at Wisconsin that played at Nebraska.

Condoleezza Rice is also a good selection. She has been in some of the biggest war rooms of all war rooms to decide the fate of our country. I think she can handle her worth in a room full of heated discussions.

Sit back and let it happen.

If you complain about the current system (like most do) you'll complain about the next system (which you will). Nothing will be good enough for you unless it is biased towards your line of thinking.

I like the committee they have put together. I think they are making solid choices. The only problem I see is the constant bitching.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't understand how lower numbers in a vote give undue influence to a rogue voter.

Really?

You have been on a committee before then....., right?

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament has a committee, and when a team is in their "favor" for a particular person on the board, their opinion is disregarded.

In a committee, it isn't individual votes, but a discussion about who, what, where, when and why shit should happen.

There is no "rogue" voter or single man hater of your Ducks.

Much like going up against a jury of your peers, 12 people decide your fate. How is this any different? Especially when we bring in an All-Star jury to make the decisions.

Quit making this a drama when there is no drama.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yes I have and when it's time to decide and a decision can't be reached by consensus you vote.

Juries don't have a vested interest in the verdict. These people do

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yes I have and when it's time to decide and a decision can't be reached by consensus you vote.

Juries don't have a vested interest in the verdict. These people do

Holy conspiracy theory.

Who do we blame this on? Is it the NCAA? (You know, the organization made up of the teams we all know and love..).

Is it the fault of the SEC? How about ESPN? Maybe CBS?

All those darn people that just don't like Oregon? Is that who we should blame?

Doesn't matter what happens, you are going to bitch.