• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff selection committee members (first 6 announced)

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean to bump one of the other two?

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could get Cheaney on the committee and plug Texas in every year cuz they have the most money.

Call it the Texas annual Halliburton Bowl.

Will the shotgun formation be mandatory?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shut up already drama queen. Unless you can tell me when you last saw a 5 loss AQ champion...

Why play ooc games? Good question. Theres really only a few a year that matter anyway and that only because they are historic rivalries. You might bench your starters for those but you would be out of a job soon as well.

You're going all nancy without considering other things like making all conferences play a 10 game conference schedule or a multitude of other changes easily implemented that would make the system far more credible than the BCS has ever been, and more than likely more credible than what we have coming up.

Which I'm not totally opposed to whats coming, its a step in the right direction and it's leading to a legitimate playoff.

But this is about the current going ons, not Ironbreakers playoff idea. So I won't say anymore because I don't like to drag threads off topic like some people...

50-cent-picard-gif.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about when a rival of the team you represent is in consideration?

These are not fans, these are athletic directors, yes they're going to take shit regardless of who they pick, just like the selection committee does for basketball. I have no problem with them discussing about their rivals team.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not fans, these are athletic directors, yes they're going to take shit regardless of who they pick, just like the selection committee does for basketball. I have no problem with them discussing about their rivals team.

yep not fans. Just people whose job's are dependent on the money they bring into the athletic department. The most of which is from football. Money that is drastically increased if a team from their conference gets in and even more so if is THEIR team that gets in.

These people have a vested interest in the outcome. I'd say even more so than fans.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how this thread names 6 people and we named 5 of them yesterday in the other thread, yet somehow they haven't been merged. Are the mods awake?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how this thread names 6 people and we named 5 of them yesterday in the other thread, yet somehow they haven't been merged. Are the mods awake?

I know right?

:evil:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, so Condi you like Stanford over Oregon huh?

Yeah I think they're better.

But they lost to Oregon.

So.

What about you Mr. Luck. I like Stanford because my son went there... uh I mean they're better.

But they lost to Oregon

So.

What about all you South Eastern Conference members?

We like Alabama, LSU, Georgia and AtM.

LSU lost 3 games Georgia and AtM lost 2.

We just beat each other up.

Okay... let's vote.

I'm worried about the AD then saying well Fuck it then. My schools out this year, Tell ya what - screw both the PAC schools and lets put your school in this year and next year if my school is on the buble you owe me one.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the AD then saying well Fuck it then. My schools out this year, Tell ya what - screw both the PAC schools and lets put your school in this year and next year if my school is on the buble you owe me one.

Yep. Back door deals will be fun. I'll give up a little now if you give up some later.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep not fans. Just people whose job's are dependent on the money they bring into the athletic department. The most of which is from football. Money that is drastically increased if a team from their conference gets in and even more so if is THEIR team that gets in.

These people have a vested interest in the outcome. I'd say even more so than fans.

Trust me, nobody is going to lose their job within an athletic department if their school or conference does not have a team in the playoff, that is just absurd. Also it looks like EVERY conference is represented anyway. They either have to all be biased or nobody can be biased.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Back door deals will be fun. I'll give up a little now if you give up some later.

Wow, you think these AD's have this little integrity?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, nobody is going to lose their job within an athletic department if their school or conference does not have a team in the playoff, that is just absurd. Also it looks like EVERY conference is represented anyway. They either have to all be biased or nobody can be biased.

Not even close to being true. with 12 members all it takes is one loon to sell out.

Let's say ND is #3 in all the polls.

I know it's laughable but stay with me...

Bama (13-0)
Oklahoma (12-0)
Notre Dame (11-1)
Clemson (11-1)
LSU (11-1)
Stanford (12-1)
UGA (10-2)

I'm a voter and I want LSU to get in. What do I do? I vote LSU #1. Don't vote at all for Clemson or Notre Dame.

In a large poll that doesn't matter much. In a poll of 12 people I have completely skewed the results. How do I get away with it? "Well LSU had to run the meat grinder in the SEC and they pass the eyeball test. The game against Bama that they lost easily could have gone the other way and LSU is just playing better now in my opinion."