• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff selection committee members (first 6 announced)

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it has nothing specifically to do with my team but simple minds tend to migrate to that argument.

I've outlined why it is a bad idea. It's simple math and psychology.

All I ask is that the current system minus the coach's poll (as they are obviously bias and the sample is too small) be used to get the final four.

Small committee invites corruption

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it has nothing specifically to do with my team but simple minds tend to migrate to that argument.

I've outlined why it is a bad idea. It's simple math and psychology.

All I ask is that the current system minus the coach's poll (as they are obviously bias and the sample is too small) be used to get the final four.

'

It is "biased" not bias. Why is this so hard for so many people?

And no, you haven't outlined shit other than your own opinion that isn't supported by facts.

A small committee actually eliminates corruption as they can come to a genuine consensus. You know, just like a 12 man jury amongst your peers deciding your fate.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'

It is "biased" not bias. Why is this so hard for so many people?

And no, you haven't outlined shit other than your own opinion that isn't supported by facts.

A small committee actually eliminates corruption as they can come to a genuine consensus. You know, just like a 12 man jury amongst your peers deciding your fate.

Facts are 1/12 is greater than 1/100. You don't get that?

Why is this so hard for so many people?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Makes zero sense if a conference champ is automatically in the playoffs. However, if they made it where conference champs get in if they are within a certain ranking....say the top 8-10, then that would be ok.

I may be taking this out of context with the gynormity of this thread but this is a good start. Every Conf. would need to have a CCG, take the human voted polls completely out. We'd be just about the same as the BCS formula cept with a playoff format.

There would be a degree of disadvantage to larger Conferences being only 1 team would move forward, but that serves them right for letting cable tv denote the size of your cockroll

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the real reason we dropped Sparty...so some internet dumbass wouldn't call a schedule with a 6-2 Big Ten team on it "mid-major".

Are you really saying that a teams second best win, against the 5th best team in the worst year in the history of the Big Ten, is a good schedule? They beat three FBS teams that had a winning record. THREE!!! Boise St does better than that most years.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I agree. Why not keep the current system for choosing the top 4? (minus the coaches poll)

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches poll is a joke since most coaches have their SIDs do it for them. Granted, the SIDs are more informed about the entire landscape of CFB because of the huge time-commitment running a program takes. They should label it what it is and call it the SID poll.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th best team can now win a national title. :L

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th best team can now win a national title. :L

Only after winning two games though, so whats wrong with that? Apparently those other guys were overrated.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying that a teams second best win, against the 5th best team in the worst year in the history of the Big Ten, is a good schedule? They beat three FBS teams that had a winning record. THREE!!! Boise St does better than that most years.

No, I'm saying that you're better off not scheduling a Big Ten team, because it will likely take away from your resume and not add to it.