• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Seed

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, nvm. Apparently the division tie-breaker is applied first if more than two teams are tied. As such, it would be us and Carolina.

Arizona wouldn't make it in that scenario even though they beat Carolina? Seems like the Niners would get the 5 seed if division record is the first tiebreaker and Arizona would get the 6 seed due to their beating Carolina. But I guess none of that takes into account Carolina beating the Niners. I guess someone has to get screwed.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Arizona wouldn't make it in that scenario even though they beat Carolina? Seems like the Niners would get the 5 seed if division record is the first tiebreaker and Arizona would get the 6 seed due to their beating Carolina. But I guess none of that takes into account Carolina beating the Niners. I guess someone has to get screwed.

Yeah, if all three teams are 11-4, we would have the six seed. Somewhat curious, as if only Arizona and Carolina were 11-5, Arizona would be the five seed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes, while NO got their asses whoop by Seattle... I think have them higher than the panthers in terms of % of beating Seattle in Sea....

Car has a good defense, we know this...however IMO their strength starts n ends in the front 4 plus Kuechly... their secondary isn't the best but not terrible IMO...

butttt does Carolina have any offense to touch the seattle defense? This i doubt.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, if all three teams are 11-4, we would have the six seed. Somewhat curious, as if only Arizona and Carolina were 11-5, Arizona would be the five seed.

If not obvious, that should have been 11-5 above.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and yes, while NO got their asses whoop by Seattle... I think have them higher than the panthers in terms of % of beating Seattle in Sea....

Car has a good defense, we know this...however IMO their strength starts n ends in the front 4 plus Kuechly... their secondary isn't the best but not terrible IMO...

butttt does Carolina have any offense to touch the seattle defense? This i doubt.

Thomas Davis is playing at a very high level as well. That front-seven has got to be in the discussion of the best in the league. The back end is shaky, but Seattle is still a run-first team. And their D is susceptible to the run. Seattle matches up so well with NO - they are too physical for big, physical receivers. That nullifies Graham and Colston. Seattle is vulnerable to the run, though, and that's the one thing Carolina really excels at on offense.

I hesitate to bet on a team beating Drew Brees badly twice in one season, but this past week in STL shook my confidence in NO. And their D looked so bad in Seattle....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Arizona wins this week against Seattle then you absolutely have to go all out against the Cardinals to win that game.

Seattle is unlikely to lose two in a row at home but you still need to go for it just in case. The Rams would love nothing more to play spoiler against Seattle and they always play Seattle tough so it's not unreasonable to give them a chance against them.

There is a chance for us to be the 5th seed by just winning 1 out of our next 2 because Carolina or the Saints could lose two in a row. Neither team is likely to lose two in a row but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for Carolina who has to play the Saints in Carolina and then have to go to Atlanta for the Falcons. Saints finish up with Tampa in NO so it's hard to see them losing two in a row.

The benefit is the both the Saints and Panthers play before we do so in the event one team does lose two in a row (and assuming we've taken care of the Falcons the prior week) we could always pull out guys like Gore, Smith, etc before the Cardinals game with the 5th seed locked up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Arizona wins this week against Seattle then you absolutely have to go all out against the Cardinals to win that game.

Seattle is unlikely to lose two in a row at home but you still need to go for it just in case. The Rams would love nothing more to play spoiler against Seattle and they always play Seattle tough so it's not unreasonable to give them a chance against them.

There is a chance for us to be the 5th seed by just winning 1 out of our next 2 because Carolina or the Saints could lose two in a row. Neither team is likely to lose two in a row but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility for Carolina who has to play the Saints in Carolina and then have to go to Atlanta for the Falcons. Saints finish up with Tampa in NO so it's hard to see them losing two in a row.

The benefit is the both the Saints and Panthers play before we do so in the event one team does lose two in a row (and assuming we've taken care of the Falcons the prior week) we could always pull out guys like Gore, Smith, etc before the Cardinals game with the 5th seed locked up.

don't see why they won't "go all out" to win the Arizona game.............no matter what?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, we still have a shot at the division. However slim that may be, I'm shooting for that.

Of course they need to take care of business but it's not unthinkable that Arizona beats Seattle this Sunday and the Rams beat them the following Sunday.

Unlikely? Sure. Impossible? No.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we clinch the playoffs or fifth seed before our Monday Night game since everyone else already has played their 15th game?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pretty sure we'd clinch a playoff spot with an AZ loss. Only the Eagles and Bears can get to 10 wins, and if they do that they'll win their divisions. We can't clinch the 5th seed, though. Saints and Panthers both have the tie-breaker over us, so we need to have a better record.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I kept hearing, "Win and we're in." I wasn't thinking, "what if we lose?" I was thinking, do we even need to play to know?" (Re playoff spot, not seeding, of course.) Thanks for your answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... apparently in a scenario where Car/SF/AZ have the same records, CAR & SF are in with AZ being left out.

However if Car loses to NO this sunday, if AZ wins, AZ claims that other WC spot with us should we win on Monday...

But if NO loses, I'm not sure lol... not sure if AZ goes over them or not

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... apparently in a scenario where Car/SF/AZ have the same records, CAR & SF are in with AZ being left out.

However if Car loses to NO this sunday, if AZ wins, AZ claims that other WC spot with us should we win on Monday...

But if NO loses, I'm not sure lol... not sure if AZ goes over them or not

NO beat Arizona so the only scenario That the Cards make the playoffs is: They win out and either the Saints or 49ers loose out. Or They win out and the Panthers loose a game.

49ers has the tie-breaker due to better record in the division. Saints has the tie-breaker due to win head to head. But the Cardinals have the tie-breaker over the Panthers due to head to head win.

Hope that all made sense

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want to see win today. Saints or Carolina?

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see car win but I think the panthers just lost smith to a knee injury for the rest of the year

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I want to see car win but I think the panthers just lost smith to a knee injury for the rest of the year

They had a nice play with Olsen down the middle but couldn't convert. The Saints lost their safety so Car will need more of that with Smith out. Attack the middle of the field and Cam needs to make decisions to run sooner. Him sitting in the pocket without his WR does him no good.