• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Race

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well todays lost just knocked us out of the division. Its time to worry about the playoffs. As of right now we in 6th place. Not good. This team is in big trouble right now.

Kap- Has not looked good
Oline- Reason I think that cost us the last 2 games. Giving Kap no time to throw
WR- 1 TD from our WRs this year. Not good at all
TE- VD is VD nothing Neg and nothing Pos. He is solid
RB- Gore is having a great year but damn I wish he caught that ball today. Saints would of been done.
Dline- Very disappointing.
LBs- Having a solid year
Secondary- For most part doing a good job. Ups and downs
Special teams- Punter good, FG kicker starting to play well,

Coaches: Not happy with any of them. I am ready to say good bye to our OC and maybe our DC(only reason he doesn't adjust well.) Too many 3 man rushes when game is on the line.

Very frustrated with this team this year. lets hope they get some things fixed.

I think this team can win in rd one against either Philly or Det(1st place teams right now) but looks like we will be headed to Seattle for rd. I want the saints because I know this team can beat them. Im not scared of them. They got lucky today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope we can fix this

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've said it before, we need to simplify the offense. in 2-3 years kap might be ready to make the type of adjustments and reads being asked of him now, but he's clearly not rdy for it now.

last year they seemed to let him go out and play without thinking so much. good things happened. this year he's very tentative and it could be from trying to think too much out there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to agree that Kap might not be ready to Lead.

We will have answers after Crabtree comes back.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Since the topic of the thread is relevant, thought I'd post who we're tied with and remaining schedules for each team in the wild card hunt:

Car: v. Pats, @ Dolphins, @ Saints, v. Jets, v. Saints, @ Falcons. Tough 3 games here.
SF: @Redskins, v. Rams, v. Hawks, @ Bucs, v. Falcons, @ Cards. Worried most about Hawks/Cards.
Cards: v. Colts, @ Eagles, v. Rams, @ Titans, @ Hawks, v. 49ers. I think they'll lose more than us.
Bears: @ Rams, @ Vikings, v. Cowboys, @ Browns, @ Eagles, v. Packers (likely have Rodgers back).
Lions: v. Bucs, v. Packers, @ Eagles, v. Ravens, v. Giants, @ Vikings. Leaning towards Lions getting division.

The NFC north plays a huge role because even though two teams are 6-4, if the Packers get Rodgers back soon they could catch up at 5-5. My hope is that they will beat on each other and maybe even end up with the Cards and us as the other 2 wild card teams. However, none of this matters unless we get off the losing streak and back to some semblance of an offense. I think we get that done with Crabs coming back to use as a decoy at worst.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the topic of the thread is relevant, thought I'd post who we're tied with and remaining schedules for each team in the wild card hunt:

Car: v. Pats, @ Dolphins, @ Saints, v. Jets, v. Saints, @ Falcons. Tough 3 games here.
SF: @Redskins, v. Rams, v. Hawks, @ Bucs, v. Falcons, @ Cards. Worried most about Hawks/Cards.
Cards: v. Colts, @ Eagles, v. Rams, @ Titans, @ Hawks, v. 49ers. I think they'll lose more than us.
Bears: @ Rams, @ Vikings, v. Cowboys, @ Browns, @ Eagles, v. Packers (likely have Rodgers back).
Lions: v. Bucs, v. Packers, @ Eagles, v. Ravens, v. Giants, @ Vikings. Leaning towards Lions getting division.

The NFC north plays a huge role because even though two teams are 6-4, if the Packers get Rodgers back soon they could catch up at 5-5. My hope is that they will beat on each other and maybe even end up with the Cards and us as the other 2 wild card teams. However, none of this matters unless we get off the losing streak and back to some semblance of an offense. I think we get that done with Crabs coming back to use as a decoy at worst.

Yes we control if we make it to the playoffs or not. We don't have a tough schedule the rest of the way. Only tough game is Seattle. Hey the good thing is we will have a little easier schedule next year for not winning the division. Seattle will struggle next year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we control if we make it to the playoffs or not. We don't have a tough schedule the rest of the way. Only tough game is Seattle. Hey the good thing is we will have a little easier schedule next year for not winning the division. Seattle will struggle next year.

Washington on the road will be very tough as well. There is no chance that they beat Seattle though because they'll put nine in the box and cover Davis and Boldin one on one.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington on the road will be very tough as well. There is no chance that they beat Seattle though because they'll put nine in the box and cover Davis and Boldin one on one.
Manningham and Crabs should be playing in the game so that might change that scenario.

Well Manningham only played 20 something snaps this last game. Great job Roman.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well todays lost just knocked us out of the division. Its time to worry about the playoffs. As of right now we in 6th place. Not good. This team is in big trouble right now.

Kap- Has not looked good
Oline- Reason I think that cost us the last 2 games. Giving Kap no time to throw
WR- 1 TD from our WRs this year. Not good at all
TE- VD is VD nothing Neg and nothing Pos. He is solid
RB- Gore is having a great year but damn I wish he caught that ball today. Saints would of been done.
Dline- Very disappointing.
LBs- Having a solid year
Secondary- For most part doing a good job. Ups and downs
Special teams- Punter good, FG kicker starting to play well,

Coaches: Not happy with any of them. I am ready to say good bye to our OC and maybe our DC(only reason he doesn't adjust well.) Too many 3 man rushes when game is on the line.

Very frustrated with this team this year. lets hope they get some things fixed.

I think this team can win in rd one against either Philly or Det(1st place teams right now) but looks like we will be headed to Seattle for rd. I want the saints because I know this team can beat them. Im not scared of them. They got lucky today.
I agree with most of what you have posted. I think the play calling and lack of good time managment has a lot more to do with what is going on than anything else. I'm not sure about talking playoffs right now...too much to work on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i've said it before, we need to simplify the offense. in 2-3 years kap might be ready to make the type of adjustments and reads being asked of him now, but he's clearly not rdy for it now.

last year they seemed to let him go out and play without thinking so much. good things happened. this year he's very tentative and it could be from trying to think too much out there.

but a lot can change in 2-3 years? that's just the nature of the NFL, and not specific to Kaep. we might even draft a QB in 2014 for all we know, so in 2-3 years.................

either way, Kaep should've been improving after 2-3 games, he won't get 2-3 more years.

for the here and now................its bad enough Kaep isn't playing well after 10 games, the concern is there doesn't seem to be improvements? we don't even see SMALL improvements? for me, just asking for small improvements, even this late in the season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been waiting for clock management to improve for far too long. Something is going on here and it ain't working or improving.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been waiting for clock management to improve for far too long. Something is going on here and it ain't working or improving.
Very true. Maybe a mid-season change is needed. It worked for the Ravens...they won the SB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the problem is Roman. He has no clue whats going on in game. He takes too long. U should be thinking 2-3 plays ahead. Looks like he is picking the play at the moment and doesn't have a plan B. Then that leaves Kap making changes with 8 sec left. Its not good.

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers will get in. And in the past its proven homefield is not necessary to win it all.
No one would wanna play the 9ers in playoffs, I think they win 5/6 and get in at 11-5.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances of playing Carolina in the playoffs? They're looking solid against New England.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances of playing Carolina in the playoffs? They're looking solid against New England.

I would say no chance. The most likely scenario is Seattle as the #1 seed and SF as the #6. Something weird would have to happen for the NFC South champ to not be the #2 seed. I'm really rooting for NO to be the #1 seed but with 2 games against Carolina gonna be really hard. Won't matter if they don't beat SEA tho.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1(Seattle) and #2(saints) seed gets a bye. So if we are the 6th seed we would play the lions right now. 5th seed would be the eagles. I think we can win in rd 1 with out a problem. Rd 2 will be against Saints or Seattle. I would rather have saints or best case Carolina takes over for the saints and we get them. But....... If we had to play Seattle the best chance to beat them would be after the bye. History shows those teams come out slow. Bad news Wilson hasn't lost at home yet.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cards win, we are technically #7 in the playoff race.....pending tomorrow.