• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFF LOCK - Rams vs. Boys, Vikes vs. Chargers

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a little math, in order for us to clinch next week we need the packers and saints to lose and the falcons, eagles and vikings to win.

My version of the playoff machine had their SOV at 89 wins and ours at 87, total wins by opponents defeated. But that was with the falcons losing 1 game and saints and packers winning out. It could really go either way...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the sake of accuracy, h2h is not automatically thrown out in a 3 way tie as 'someone' here suggested. The reason why it wouldn't apply if us, GB, and NO all finish 13-3 is because we didn't play GB. After that, you go to conf record. Here is the full list of tie-breakers for conf seeding:

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
  2. Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties among three or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
  6. Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Saints don't pick up a loss, we need to root for GB.

Dave Audy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 49ers play is like they did the Saints we lose week 17. Im hoping with the 49ers injuries they play like their Cowboy game!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 49ers play is like they did the Saints we lose week 17. Im hoping with the 49ers injuries they play like their Cowboy game!
But how often do we see in the NFL a team play great one week and then poorly the next? Dallas does it seemingly every week. I think you can "if" just about any playoff team in the NFC to the SB. NFC playoffs look like they'll be very tough to predict.