• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFF LOCK - Rams vs. Boys, Vikes vs. Chargers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a difference rooting for teams that are BELOW you to win or lose fuck that and rooting for those ahead of you to lose to open you up for a division TITLE. Seattle now has to DO THEIR JOB! it's there for the taking. 1st place and a first round bye who fucking even CARES about being a WC team oh yeah we are the best loser! woopy. Sorry i guess that would go to who ever wins the NFC East.

i total understand that many of you do not get this seeing as SO MANY of you wanted the 49ers to beat the Saints .. WTF morons. LMAO!

The loss by 49ers will get Seattle to play Hard the last two games when they might of just said Oh hey we are in the play offs yippy yay woohoo blah. Now they HAVE to play WOOT YES!

this whole thread was fail and would have been better if it was pointed at the Atlanta @ San Fran game. KNOW YOUR PRIORITIES! good heavens.

Okay Screamin... okay.

Look man, nobody thought the Craplanta Falcons would beat the 49ers at home. Even if they did and the Vikings/Rams BOTH won, Seattle would STILL not be guaranteed the playoffs. In case you don't recall, the Vikings or Rams had to LOSE for us to get in... nothing about the 49ers.

End of day, I want us in the playoffs regardless. OF COURSE I want us to win the division and get HFA, but getting in the playoffs is the first and #1 priority given the landscape of the NFC. Had the Rams/Vikes and 49ers won, it'd still be an open question of whether or not Seattle is in the playoffs. With both the Vikes/Rams (either or) losing it was a LOCK we're in.. and the 9ers was icing on the cake for the division and potentially HFA (although we lose the tie breaker with the Saints).

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just trying to be a dickhead at the moment, but either would satisfy the criteria of how your post came off. If you don't agree with that, you can take this 'failure' of a thread and shove it up your ass.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Screamin... okay.

Look man, nobody thought the Craplanta Falcons would beat the 49ers at home. Even if they did and the Vikings/Rams BOTH won, Seattle would STILL not be guaranteed the playoffs. In case you don't recall, the Vikings or Rams had to LOSE for us to get in... nothing about the 49ers.

End of day, I want us in the playoffs regardless. OF COURSE I want us to win the division and get HFA, but getting in the playoffs is the first and #1 priority given the landscape of the NFC. Had the Rams/Vikes and 49ers won, it'd still be an open question of whether or not Seattle is in the playoffs. With both the Vikes/Rams (either or) losing it was a LOCK we're in.. and the 9ers was icing on the cake for the division and potentially HFA (although we lose the tie breaker with the Saints).

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just trying to be a dickhead at the moment, but either would satisfy the criteria of how your post came off. If you don't agree with that, you can take this 'failure' of a thread and shove it up your ass.

choosing the Rams to lose is like you choosing to believe the Hawks surrender 2 more loses. Screw that, Screw that mentality. Who cares wtf teams below the Hawks do, Screw them just do your job and Win end of story. Now Having a team you are chasing lose thats a cheer worthy cause. Do you NOT see the difference? Is it beyond you to look up not down? never look over your shoulder always go forward. Attack whats IN FRONT of you.

I cared nothing about getting in because of either the Vikings/ Rams loss. Not one bit because them not making the playoffs was damn near impossible with the Rams/49ers playing each other.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choosing the Rams to lose is like you choosing to believe the Hawks surrender 2 more loses. Screw that, Screw that mentality. Who cares wtf teams below the Hawks do, Screw them just do your job and Win end of story. Now Having a team you are chasing lose thats a cheer worthy cause. Do you NOT see the difference? Is it beyond you to look up not down? never look over your shoulder always go forward. Attack whats IN FRONT of you.

Oh okay!!! So we should just aim for 16 wins every season! I GET YOU MAN! YOU HAVE A WINNING FORMULA! Just never lose and go 16-0 and in the event we do lose we'll just make sure that we ANNIHILATE every team with a winning record ahead of us (or hope some other team does) and then we should have no problem and just walk right into the playoffs, a division record, and HFA!

OH MY GOD. YOU SIR... YOU are the next coach I want in Seattle! Who cares about ANY team with a record worse than ours behind us (kind of like.... umm... SEATTLE WAS WITH THE 49ERS!) just beat everyone ahead of us like it's taking a morning shit after a dose of lax and call it a day! GOT IT. Jesus.. Seattle Seahawks forum? We could all learn something from this guy.

I laid on the sarcasm pretty thick, but sarcasm aside, can you please put the bottle down? That's a LOT coming from me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not week 1 this is week 15 i am not saying choose to win 16 but is that not the goal of every team? to win every time on the field? wtf kind of argument is that shark lmao. Again we are in week 15 chasing or were chasing the #1 seed and the division. We got the Head to head victory over the Vikes and we are 2 games in front of the rams with 2 to go both at home. The Hawks play the next 2 at home and the 49ers/Rams play each other next week. That game no matter who wins would have locked it up for the Hawks, all they got to do is win Next week screw the other teams. Take it to week 17 and eat.

i am focused on now whats a head for the Hawks. I thought this was a lost season before it started and even though we have to be the luckiest Sons of bitches on the planet for a team with a record of 11-3 and a point differential of like 26 points lmao. That luck can't hold out so instead of winning close lets start blowing people out like LAST WEEK would have been a good time start.

Damn Hawks and my heart! SCREW EVERYTHING! RAAAAAAH

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not week 1 this is week 15 i am not saying choose to win 16 but is that not the goal of every team? to win every time on the field? wtf kind of argument is that shark lmao. Again we are in week 15 chasing or were chasing the #1 seed and the division. We got the Head to head victory over the Vikes and we are 2 games in front of the rams with 2 to go both at home. The Hawks play the next 2 at home and the 49ers/Rams play each other next week. That game no matter who wins would have locked it up for the Hawks, all they got to do is win Next week screw the other teams. Take it to week 17 and eat.

i am focused on now whats a head for the Hawks. I thought this was a lost season before it started and even though we have to be the luckiest Sons of bitches on the planet for a team with a record of 11-3 and a point differential of like 30 points lmao. That luck can't hold out so instead of winning close lets start blowing people out like LAST WEEK would have been a good time start.

Damn Hawks and my heart! SCREW EVERYTHING! RAAAAAAH

Alright... I feel like you're trying to be nice and have a conversation so let me lay it down for you:

1) I want Seattle to make the playoffs and Minny or LA must lose, regardless of what San Fran does.
2) I want us to win home field advantage and the division.

To satisfy #1 which MUST come before #2, Minny or LA have to lose. Until #1 is satisfied and complete, I'm not thinking about #2. Ideally Seattle would be leading the division or playing in the AFCRAP and we wouldn't have to think about it, but that's not the case.

#1 is satisfied (hoorah), now I'm focused on #2. See how that works? Seattle won, the focal point at THAT point should be to make the playoffs PERIOD. OF COURSE I want San Fran to lose, but what's more important is locking in a playoff spot, which could POTENTIALLY lead to winning the division and HFA.

What you're saying is basically equivalent to:
Game show announcer: "You can take $100,000 now, and have a chance to get $1,000,000... or risk everything and go for $1,000,000 now because of... uhh.. pride and stuff."
Screamin: "I'll risk it all and go for the pride and stuff $1,000,000."
Game show announcer: "But... wait I just sai-"
Screamin: "I SAID I WANT THE $1,000,000 RISK!"

I want us in the playoffs first (the $100K). If we can snag HFA and the division? Yes please! But I feel MUCH safer about claiming my playoff spot now than not at all.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we risk NOTHING by going for it now the Hawks were almost a 100% lock to make the playoffs. Thats what you do not understand. The Rams and 49ers play each other, Hawks win next week and Nothing the rams did do or would have done matters at all. Ebd of story Fuck the Rams they have to hope the Hawks stumbled to even catch them so who gives a damn. Cheering for a team to lose that is behind you is like accepting you are going to lose and let those teams catch you. The ONLY way Seattle did not make the playoffs is if they went 0-3 in the last 3 and The Rams and Vikes went 3-0. Not happening and with the Rams and 49ers playing each other that means even if the Rams BEAT the 49ers ( and had beat Dallas ) the Hawks would have a lead over the 49ers for the Division by a game heading into the final game against them. It just made 0 sense to even care to me. The only things i care about right now are the Seahawks their next game @home vs the Cars and the 49ers. Same as it was as soon as Seattle beat the Panthers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I cheer for a Rams loss virtually every time they play. I honestly dislike that team more than any other in the league and the sooner they get knocked out of the hunt, the better. But I do agree with the adage of just hoping the Hawks win the game in front of them. One week at a time.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanked the cowboys fanbase for giving us the chance to play in January.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard, my bad. I just read in the event of a 3 way tie, common games are used and we win.

it would have saved you some time just to read my whole post as i said they do not use Head to head in a 3 way tie. lol

now we want Seattle, Greenbay and the Saints to all end with the same record. Seeing as it would be a three way tie they do not use head to head. :)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would have saved you some time just to read my whole post

Based on your other posts in this thread...

giphy.gif

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i right on my assessment that next week is irrelevant as far as winning the division goes?

How many players on defense do we rest?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: If we beat Arizona next week and the Rams can beat the 9ers, a loss in week 17 to SF would defer to at least the 5th tie breaker.

1. Head to Head - wash
2. Division record - wash
3. Common Opponents - wash
4. Conference record - wash
5. Strength of Victory - SF wins

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: If we beat Arizona next week and the Rams can beat the 9ers, a loss in week 17 to SF would defer to at least the 5th tie breaker.

1. Head to Head - wash
2. Division record - wash
3. Common Opponents - wash
4. Conference record - wash
5. Strength of Victory - SF wins

? really? hmm lets see
seattle SOV .526
49ers SOV .492
Does beating a say 12 and 3 or 11-4 team mean more than beating a 10-0 team to make their SOV jump that high? Everything i have seen is if Seattle and the 49ers finish with the same record ( unless the Hawks lose to the Cards ) the Hawks win the tie breakers.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? really? hmm lets see
seattle SOV .526
49ers SOV .492
Does beating a say 12 and 3 or 11-4 team mean more than beating a 10-0 team to make their SOV jump that high? Everything i have seen is if Seattle and the 49ers finish with the same record ( unless the Hawks lose to the Cards ) the Hawks win the tie breakers.

Looks like that's right. SOV is so close right now, but I thought SF had edged us, rather than the other way around.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the espn playoff machine, if we win and they lose next week we lock up the division.

I dont know how accurate that is though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the espn playoff machine, if we win and they lose next week we lock up the division.

i think it's damn near 100% accurate. It uses the same tie breakers that the NFL use so it should be. The Hawks can be as high as the #1 seed or as low as the #3 seed if they win the NFC West. Still two games left to decide their fate.

wow season is almost over, damn football goes so fast.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it sounds like that is true. The margins of that SOV are so slim though, I wonder how the Saints and Packers games affect it being the victories over good teams SF has that we do not. Just too close to try to predict.

Hopefully that's the case though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to rain on everyones party that falcons win was huge for us but New Orleans has a very winnable final 3 games of the season and so does Green Bay depending on the outcome of the Vikings game next week. If they win out and we lose to the 49ers week 17 then assuming we beat Arizona then we will be the #3 seed playing at home during the 1st round of the playoffs and it will be either the 49ers again or the packers/Vikings each being very hard games to play.

We need to Packers to win the division if we want the #1 seed so we can have a 3 way tie with New Orleans.

Bottom line we still need to win out the rest of the schedule and we really needed to take advantage playing against the saints while Brees was hurt now that loss to them is haunting us to get the #1 seed.