• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff games around the league

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sharks lack a Doughty or a Brown. That's the kind of grit we need to make a Cup run.

the way the Kings are playing now, it's hard to imagine how the Sharks beat them down the stretch of the regular season.

I'm predicting it right now, Kings/Rangers final, with the Rags winning it all. Because the fix is in for ratings

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting it right now, Kings/Rangers final, with the Rags winning it all. Because the fix is in for ratings

Oh I don't now...
The Kings are dominating the Yotes. I don't see this series going more than 5 at this rate.

Meanwhile the Rangers and the Devils are going to beat the hell out of each other, east coast style. I bet they go 6 at least but I think the Rangers win out.

LA is playing lights out and I think they can at least compete with either the Devs or the Rags.

If you want to bring ratings into it, LA is a significant market in any sport.
People are watching in LA with baited breath.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL starting to keep a new stat:

brad-richards-had-2-shits-in-game-1-versus-devils-according-to-the-nhl-network.jpg

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix totally lost their cool in this game. LA is going to take the series.

Damn those Kings are just steamrolling anything in their path. Let's go Rangers vs Kings for the always intriguing NY vs LA, East coast vs West coast matchup.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang... the Kings are going to finally win the Cup!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not about to jump ship, but watching the playoffs for so long I think I'm having a fan crisis with the Sharks after so many years of disappointment.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4: WCF

Whitney took a terrible penalty. The Yotes are frustrated and making dumb mistakes.
If LA can get their power play going, there will be no stopping them in the finals.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to the Yotes. They're bringing it in game 4.
Doan is having a monster game.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is no one watching the playoffs?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F U C K LA! :mad2:

I can't believe Dustin Penner scores the OT! W T F!

Let's go Devils or Rangers!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sutter? Deano? unreal. I guess if you miss the PO's for 6 straight seasons from 2002-2009 including 14th and 15th in the west in 08 and 09 then you get picks like doughty for free and you can do it.

I know dougie doesnt have those kinds of assets as a result of his own regular season success, so its hard to compare. Still, it sure hurts. Clearly, in the cap era, Suck for Luck (or fail for nail, pain for kane, etc) really helps.

Argh! Goddamn L fucking A. Grrr....

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm at a loss of words, this fucking stings so bad... watching the sharks fuck up all this time and we have to now watch two LA fucks win the cup. ABSOLUTE HORSESHIT!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partially blame CBJ. That Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter trade was bullshit. LA gets rid of a shitty dman and gains a high end winger.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was big SportsHoopla over the Brown hit on Rozival? It looked like shoulder to shoulder to me. Smith thinks, based on Ratfi's 25 game ban, that Brown should be be banned for life. Really? He didn't leave his feet. He made no contact to the head. What a fucking baby...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was big SportsHoopla over the Brown hit on Rozival? It looked like shoulder to shoulder to me. Smith thinks, based on Ratfi's 25 game ban, that Brown should be be banned for life. Really? He didn't leave his feet. He made no contact to the head. What a fucking baby...

It was the knee on knee contact that upset Smith. Not that it justifies his reaction or anything, but that's what irked him.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the knee on knee contact that upset Smith. Not that it justifies his reaction or anything, but that's what irked him.

I couldn't see that in the video, but wouldn't Brown's knee be just as exposed as Rozival's? In contrast, elbow to head, no contest. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't see that in the video, but wouldn't Brown's knee be just as exposed as Rozival's? In contrast, elbow to head, no contest. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

If the contact was incidental, sure. When it happens intentionally the Hitter generally walks away a lot more easily than the Hittee.

I wouldn't get hung up on the comparison to a shot to the head. Smith simply sees both examples as a play that could sideline a player with injury and, imo, was speaking in hyperbole out of frustration over it happening to his teammate in a season ending loss. Again, I'm not saying I see it that way.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the contact was incidental, sure. When it happens intentionally the Hitter generally walks away a lot more easily than the Hittee.

I wouldn't get hung up on the comparison to a shot to the head. Smith simply sees both examples as a play that could sideline a player with injury and, imo, was speaking in hyperbole out of frustration over it happening to his teammate in a season ending loss. Again, I'm not saying I see it that way.

This ^.

Also, in knee on knee hits, obviously both parties are vulnerable, but the hittee is in much worse shape than the hitter. Bryan Marchment made a living by extending his leg and deliviering these (cheap and dirty) devastating hits.....and he usually hurt the person he hit, not the other way around.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is no one watching the playoffs?

I have been watching as much as I can - its hard to watch LA...

They have essentially the same ownership/coaching staff that we dismissed because they were not "the right guys". Looks to me as if the collective case of vaginitus in SJ is more the issue... but I digress.

I think LA is unstoppable, at least by anyone else but themselves. They are big, the are playing SHUTDOWN hockey for nearly 60 minutes a game and the skill guys are contributing **every fucking place**. Kopitar just quietly continues to play like a fucking stud... he almost reminds me of an Yzerman out there: quietly making plays, excellent defensive reads - hell.. that 5 on 3 kill he was on with Scudari and Mitchell was just awesome (When is the last time you have seen Joe or Patty trusted to kill a 5 on 3?).

All that being said - I would like to see Marty get one more cup.. I think he is an excellent goalie and a really classy guy. He's had some missteps but the east matchups have been a lot of fun to watch.. no clear leaders.