• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you think might get cut this offseason (any team)

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:agree:

It would be 10 times dumber though to allow him to play corner. I've said many times before, and for the 2049th time this season, he does not have the intincts needed to play the cornerback position. Just because you are a great athlete, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are equipped to play the position.

Do you think move him to safety then?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think move him to safety then?

Yes. Without a doubt. I'd move him to his more natural position which is FS. he could be our version of Antrel Rolle. Not an intimidating hitter from that position, but a guy who is rangy and athletic enough to come up with big plays for us. He played FS at South Carolina and was doing more than okay at that spot. Allowing Dashon to walk and move Culliver at that vacant spot would free us some space to make a serious offer for Revis.

In the draft I would still add depth at corner and safety. We need and enforcer / intimidator at the back end if we are going to lose Goldson. A strong intimidating safety like Kam Chancellor. I still don't know who the hardest hitting safety in this draft is. Even though we can't find a hard hitting safety, I wouldn't let that prevent me from drafting one - there are still plenty of late round prospects we can draft that could be steals for us.

Based on my limited research on him one guy who is sounds a little intriguing is Cooper Taylor from Richmond this kid is listed at 6'5, and weighs 235, and runs/covers as if he's 6'1 / 6'2. I've never seen him play, but I heard he's a good tackler but not known for delivering the big hits despite his intimidating size. He's very smart and I just want to see how he times at the combines. Jonathan Cyprien of Florida International is another kid to keep an eye out for (he held his own at the Senior Bowl from what I read). JJ Wilcox, another small school prospect who did his thing at the Senior Bowl. These are all small school guys who i think all have a chance to make a name for themselves at the next level. Similar to Adrian Wilson, and Antoine Bethea of the Colts. One player that is sliding but I would still draft is Bacarri Rambo. The guy is well built physically, and would be a bargain in the mid to late rounds. That's not even considering the more well known players like McDonald, Reid, Elam, etc. (kenny Vaccaro is out of reach).

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bingo what about letting Donte go and move Goldson to SS? Culliver to FS. To safeties that can cover and Goldson can hit just as well as Donte.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo what about letting Donte go and move Goldson to SS? Culliver to FS. To safeties that can cover and Goldson can hit just as well as Donte.

Oh Sh8 RV, I haven't even thought of that. That would be such a freaking brilliant idea. That would be even better, having two safeties that can and cover is ideal for today's style of offense (Packers, Giants, Saints, Falcons, Cowboys, etc) - we need to do that!

I'm sure Baalke, Fangio, and Harbaugh realized how we got roasted in the passing game in the playoffs despite how deep we got. i know they will get DB hungry

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I'd want Culliver cut, but I certainly would want his playing time greatly reduced. He may be a late bloomer like T. Brown but who knows.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I'd want Culliver cut, but I certainly would want his playing time greatly reduced. He may be a late bloomer like T. Brown but who knows.

He hasn't been as bad as you guys are making him out to be. Obviously yesterday's game wasn't his best performance. I'm not sure what the hell he was doing, but i have to speculate that his off the field issues last week were weighing in on his mind and on his performance. This is something he can overcome. He has the tools to be a solid CB and he should stay there IMO.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world Goldson would move to SS and we sign Byrd for FS.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why would that be dumb? We don't have other guys on the practice squad who can't cover worth a piss? He was the single biggest liability on the field yesterday.

He's a 24 year old guy who can play either CB or FS, and he had a good season. And he's cheap. One game doesn't mean he's useless.

CB is the 2nd hardest position to learn in the NFL. You don't cut a guy with his kind of talent after his second season.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 24 year old guy who can play either CB or FS, and he had a good season. And he's cheap. One game doesn't mean he's useless.

CB is the 2nd hardest position to learn in the NFL. You don't cut a guy with his kind of talent after his second season.

Then why didn't he yesterday?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Then why didn't he yesterday?

Ok, let's put it this way: those other CBs who can't cover worth piss are far worse than Culliver.

You don't cut a young, talented, versatile DB because he has one bad game. He played great against the Falcons.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, let's put it this way: those other CBs who can't cover worth piss are far worse than Culliver.

You don't cut a young, talented, versatile DB because he has one bad game. He played great against the Falcons.

Again, he has had more than one bad game in the season. A lot of fans are bias about this fact. There was a reason why Flacco and them game planned around him. It was not a mere coincedence.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whitner was a bigger liability to me in the game. Gave up 2 TDs I believe. I really want Goldson to move to SS and either sign a FS in FA or move cully.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Titus Young WAS waived today.

That is right. He is such a frigging head case. Still I wonder if he's worth giving a shot on the cheap with a change of scenery and meds. We already rolled the dice on Randy and Jacobs. He screws up and you cut him. I donno.

Titus Young recently boasted he?s better than Megatron | ProFootballTalk

Normally I wouldn't even highlight this because most NFL players say really dumb things when it comes to their ability but I think given Young's history this is worth pointing out.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DHB on the chopping block?
February, 5, 2013 8:25AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

The Oakland Raiders came under heavy criticism for their investment of the No. 7 overall pick in the 2009 draft on WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. The first round of that year's draft is full of busts, but there were some quite useful players taken thereafter that could've helped Oakland in the four seasons since, including Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, Alex Mack, Percy Harvin and Clay Matthews. With one year (and $7.721 million) left on his contract, some believe that a financial re-structuring will be necessary for DHB to return to Oakland for 2013.

Though he agrees that a pay cut for Heyward-Bey may be the right move, ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson is of the opinion that the Raiders shouldn't merely cut the Maryland product -- their WR corps is not strong enough without him:

Bill Williamson
What to do with Heyward-Bey?
"Heyward-Bey is an average receiver, and I don't think he will ever be elite. But I think Oakland should keep him for one more year, because it needs him. Denarius Moore has star potential, but he is still inconsistent. Jacoby Ford has ability, but he has had trouble staying healthy and missed all of last season with a nagging foot injury. Second-year players Rod Streater and Juron Criner also have potential, but they might not be ready to be major contributors yet. If Oakland can figure out a way to hold on to Heyward-Bey for the final year of his contract at a reasonable rate, it might be worth its while."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titus Young recently boasted he?s better than Megatron | ProFootballTalk

Normally I wouldn't even highlight this because most NFL players say really dumb things when it comes to their ability but I think given Young's history this is worth pointing out.

That seals the deal. He might really have mental health issues.

Former Lions WR Titus Young recently told his high school coach that he's better than Calvin Johnson.
"He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron," E.C. Robinson recalled late last month. "I said, 'Titus, come on.' I said, 'Come on, man. Who you talking to?' I said, 'Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.' And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. 'Ah man, I'm better than him.'" If Young is unwilling to play second fiddle to this generation's greatest wideout, he's going to have a hard time fitting in many receiving corps around the league. He'll need to at least fake an attitude adjustment before signing on with a new team.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams claimed Titus Young off waivers. I guess he is their Amendola insurance.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
DHB on the chopping block?
February, 5, 2013 8:25AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

The Oakland Raiders came under heavy criticism for their investment of the No. 7 overall pick in the 2009 draft on WR Darrius Heyward-Bey. The first round of that year's draft is full of busts, but there were some quite useful players taken thereafter that could've helped Oakland in the four seasons since, including Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, Alex Mack, Percy Harvin and Clay Matthews. With one year (and $7.721 million) left on his contract, some believe that a financial re-structuring will be necessary for DHB to return to Oakland for 2013.

Though he agrees that a pay cut for Heyward-Bey may be the right move, ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson is of the opinion that the Raiders shouldn't merely cut the Maryland product -- their WR corps is not strong enough without him:

Bill Williamson
What to do with Heyward-Bey?
"Heyward-Bey is an average receiver, and I don't think he will ever be elite. But I think Oakland should keep him for one more year, because it needs him. Denarius Moore has star potential, but he is still inconsistent. Jacoby Ford has ability, but he has had trouble staying healthy and missed all of last season with a nagging foot injury. Second-year players Rod Streater and Juron Criner also have potential, but they might not be ready to be major contributors yet. If Oakland can figure out a way to hold on to Heyward-Bey for the final year of his contract at a reasonable rate, it might be worth its while."

OH PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN!!!

He's no Mike Wallace, but he's good enough to not completely suck like Moss & Kyke. And he's a deep threat, which is the biggest thing Kaep needs IMO.

Heck, there's no reason they couldn't get both DHB and Wallace. Now that would one heck of a WR corps, and DHB could replace Crabby when he becomes a FA.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyke? That is really harsh hahahahahahahaha.