• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players in your team's history you think were overrated/over-appreciated by the fan base

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, Tebow's postseason QB rating was still higher than both Kaepernick's career postseason AND regular season QB ratings. You'd think a guy who was so clearly and obviously getting unfairly black balled out of the NFL would have been a least a little better than that for overall QBR than a bum like Tebow whose talent level clearly didn't justify the circus that followed him everywhere he played.

Tebow only played 2 postseason games. By that standard he's better than a lot of QB's who've had long NFL careers, such as Eli Manning. Kaepernick's rated in the high 80's in both postseason and regular season, which would put him in a good comparison with many QB's who've had long NFL careers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really crazy is that Tebow achieved that 90.0 passer rating in his two postseason games while completing only 40.4% of his passes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow only played 2 postseason games. By that standard he's better than a lot of QB's who've had long NFL careers, such as Eli Manning. Kaepernick's rated in the high 80's in both postseason and regular season, which would put him in a good comparison with many QB's who've had long NFL careers.

:pound:

Tebow was 19-47 (40.4%) during the 2011 playoffs.

Eli's 8-4 in the playoffs. Completed 60.5% of his passes. Has 18 TD to 9 int's. And I'm not saying Eli's good. But Tebow was simply a lousy QB. Look @ his #'s in that 2nd playoff game when the Broncos played the Pats. Hell his #'s in that 1st game against the Steelers weren't good either.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Tebow was 19-47 (40.4%) during the 2011 playoffs.

Eli's 8-4 in the playoffs. Completed 60.5% of his passes. Has 18 TD to 9 int's. And I'm not saying Eli's good. But Tebow was simply a lousy QB. Look @ his #'s in that 2nd playoff game when the Broncos played the Pats. Hell his #'s in that 1st game against the Steelers weren't good either.

Yeah I agree. I posted that 40.4% stat, too. His career regular season mark was below 48%. Tebow wouldn't make it as a passer in the 1970's.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really crazy is that Tebow achieved that 90.0 passer rating in his two postseason games while completing only 40.4% of his passes.
Amazing how basically one big play can skew that stupid passer rating. I clearly remember that WC game vs. Pittsburgh and Tebow was not good for most of it. Only had a handful of decent passes all game but in OT throws one 18 yds to a wide open Thomas and it goes for 80 and a win.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either and I really like the guy, esp his toughness. True homerism at it's finest

What about from a post season perspective? How many SB wins/losses has he been a part of? How many great post season perfomances does he have? I know he's seceond in post season receptions behind Jerry Rice. I have no idea where he stands reception yardage0-wise and # of TDs.

Not saying he's HoF worthy, but post season performance is the only way I see him making it.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a liability against the run for his last few years here after being average in his first few. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

You really want to mention safeties? That is a product of luck of where you are on the field as much as it is production. You need to look no further than how rare they are. If Orlovsky doesn't run out of the back of the end zone and Allen got credit for it as the closest player to him, he's in an 18 way tie for second place.

I'm not disputing that he was a great pass rusher, but that was all he tried to be good at, especially if he was on bad or mediocre teams. I remember he wanted a sack against Luck so badly that he hit him out of bounds and Indy ended up scoring a TD on that drive instead of punting.

Sacks are flashy, and you can throw numbers at me, but I just don't see him as the HOF lock that so many people around here do.

If Jared Allen isn't a HOF'er, then a LOT of guys who already made it need to be booted out of it.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, you get trolled easily.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how basically one big play can skew that stupid passer rating. I clearly remember that WC game vs. Pittsburgh and Tebow was not good for most of it. Only had a handful of decent passes all game but in OT throws one 18 yds to a wide open Thomas and it goes for 80 and a win.

I'm thinking that Tom Brady would be a better left-handed passer than Tebow.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fridge Perry was definitely overrated and overappreciated.

For the Bears, this is the correct answer...

Lovable guy, but as a DT he basically just took up space and the running thing was, of course, a gimmick that any lineman could have done... A Bear legend, but definitely overrated and over appreciated.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Bears, this is the correct answer...
Lovable guy, but as a DT he basically just took up space and the running thing was, of course, a gimmick that any lineman could have done... A Bear legend, but definitely overrated and over appreciated.
Such a bummer that Ditka let the Fridge get a rushing TD in the SB and not Payton. Payton was a star before Iron Mike came around and had to be put in his place....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a bummer that Ditka let the Fridge get a rushing TD in the SB and not Payton. Payton was a star before Iron Mike came around and had to be put in his place....

Yeah, but to Ditka's credit, he has since apologized profusely for the oversight... Ditka gets it on this point and why it was a big deal and acknowledges that it is all on him...

Forgivable IMO.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a HOF'er, and the Bills were not my team , but the team my family rooted for, but I couldn't tolerate Thurman Thomas.