• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new coach new culture :rolleyes2:
Can't wait until Dwayne Haskins is ready to go. I'll bet that Ron Rivera and Co. are doing a fine job in getting him ready! Wha??? they cut him because they played him knowing that he wasn't ready? Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Watson just as much as you Sty, im just of the belief if we don't lead with Chase Young, we get an immediate dial tone. Watson is more valuable than Chase, but what if you offer Chase, still come up short and it gets out. What does that do to the locker room and the "culture?"
Two very good reasons why you don't offer Young at all. If they aren't interested in a deal without Young you have to figure out a way to get him without including Young in the package. In other words sweeten the offer.

Your package on face value gives them 2 live players and 4 picks for a total of 6 players (again on face value)

My offer gives them 3 live players, and 7 picks with 1 switch in draft position (a 3 for a 4) This totals 10 players on face value and an upgrade in another draft, all without "gutting" our draft or "mortgaging the future," (again on face value)

SN: If they want to take Alex Smith, all the better but in any case he's going to get cut under my scenario.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've rethought my original offer and sweetened it up a bit. The basic offer remains the same, so here ya go.

First this year and next

3rd in 2022, and 2023

Choice of Matt Ioannidis /or Daron Payne (They had the worse run stopping defense )

( If I have to sweeten the pot then our 3rd in 2021 in exchange for their 4th, we have an extra 3rd this year, SF)

The new additions:

1. If Landon Collins refuses to switch to safety then he becomes that second defensive player that Houston has asked for.

2. Houston will need an experienced QB, so I sign and trade Kyle Allen to them and if they want Alex Smith, buh-bye!
sty 2 of the guys you are offering are coming off the IR . i am not sure kyle allen moves the needle enough . so you are offering the 19th , possibly out 3rd this yr , a 1st and a 3rd in 22 and a 3rd in 23 with payne and think that gets you watson .

and the jets, lions , panthers and 49ers cant beat that offer ?

assuming the texans even trade DW , which i doubt . it most definitely wont happen before the season

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two very good reasons why you don't offer Young at all. If they aren't interested in a deal without young you have to figure out a way to get him with including him in the package. In other words sweeten the offer.

Your package on face value gives them 2 live players and 4 picks for a total of 6 players (again on face value)

My offer gives them 3 live players, and 7 picks with 1 switch in draft position (a 3 for a 4) This totals 10 players on face value and an upgrade in another draft, all without "gutting" our draft or "mortgaging the future," (again on face value)
If they pull off DW w/o give up Chase, I'd give them whatever else they asked for.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sty 2 of the guys you are offering are coming off the IR . i am not sure kyle allen moves the needle enough . so you are offering the 19th , possibly out 3rd this yr , a 1st and a 3rd in 22 and a 3rd in 23 with payne and think that gets you watson .

and the jets, lions , panthers and 49ers cant beat that offer ?

assuming the texans even trade DW , which i doubt . it most definitely wont happen before the season
Yep, I think that my offer of 10 players on face value is better than anything that any other team will be willing to match. Injured players included because injured players don't stay injured my friend! Allen was an ankle correct? and Collins was a knee correct, so if they balk at one (likely Collins) and they are ok with Payne, then I'd switch Ironman for Collins, that would certainly get it done!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pull off DW w/o give up Chase, I'd give them whatever else they asked for.
Exactly!! There has ONLY been one time that an opportunity like this has happened in the history of the game, and that time is right now. Gotta go "all-in!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think that my offer of 10 players on face value is better than anything that any other team will be willing to match. Injured players included because injured players don't stay injured my friend! Allen was an ankle correct? and Collins was a knee correct, so if they balk at one (likely Collins) and they are ok with Payne, then I'd switch Ironman for Collins, that would certainly get it done!!
the lions can offer Goff , and 4 to 5 1st round picks in the next 3 yrs 2 include a top 10 pick this yr and another in this draft and they havent even touched 2nd rounders or 3rds

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read all of the contingency plans on this board (those that don't include Watson or Dak) and all of them seem like stuff that's been tried before or worse, since 1992 without success. Maybe there's another 1991 in the offing remember that? Mark Rypien drafted in the 6th round and led this team or rather was the fortunate QB to line up behind one of the NFL's all time great offensive lines. Dude was sacked 7 times for the season! Perhaps we can go for that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lions can offer Goff , and 4 to 5 1st round picks in the next 3 yrs 2 include a top 10 pick this yr and another in this draft and they havent even touched 2nd rounders or 3rds
In theory they can but will they?

Even if they do, the face value is 5-6 players with little immediate help , it still doesn't top my offer, on face value, of 10 players with immediate and future help.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've rethought my original offer and sweetened it up a bit. The basic offer remains the same, so here ya go.

First this year and next

3rd in 2022, and 2023

Choice of Matt Ioannidis /or Daron Payne (They had the worse run stopping defense )

( If I have to sweeten the pot then our 3rd in 2021 in exchange for their 4th, we have an extra 3rd this year, SF)

The new additions:

1. If Landon Collins refuses to switch to safety then he becomes that second defensive player that Houston has asked for.

2. Houston will need an experienced QB, so I sign and trade Kyle Allen to them and if they want Alex Smith, buh-bye!
I would be OK with this. Doubt Houston would, however.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but I doubt that there's a team in the hunt that's willing to give up 10 players on face value that gives them immediate help and something in the future. We'll see!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but I doubt that there's a team in the hunt that's willing to give up 10 players on face value that gives them immediate help and something in the future. We'll see!
Actually, I don’t think Houston is giving him up at any price.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don’t think Houston is giving him up at any price.
You're probably right but even if they decide to play hardball it's not going to end well for them. In as much as trade offers are concerned, it would be football malpractice to not only inquire but put the offer on the table. Who knows, what they will ultimately do, but with offers given they would have options.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well ionman tore a pec , an injury that resurfaced with orakpo 3 x . LC tore his achilles tendon , an injury that usually robs a player of speed and agility . allen broke an ankle . he should be ok

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read all of the contingency plans on this board (those that don't include Watson or Dak) and all of them seem like stuff that's been tried before or worse, since 1992 without success. Maybe there's another 1991 in the offing remember that? Mark Rypien drafted in the 6th round and led this team or rather was the fortunate QB to line up behind one of the NFL's all time great offensive lines. Dude was sacked 7 times for the season! Perhaps we can go for that.
they have been half tried . there are 2 parts to that scenario and having good players around him has not been the constant at all

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my whole point , unless you gut the defense and a few drafts you dont have a shot

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well ionman tore a pec , an injury that resurfaced with orakpo 3 x . LC tore his achilles tendon , an injury that usually robs a player of speed and agility . allen broke an ankle . he should be ok
If it's so bad, why on earth would Washington want to keep any of them? Sounds like bad keepers that is of course, you're playing the worse case scenario.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have been half tried . there are 2 parts to that scenario and having good players around him has not been the constant at all
The current hires are Hurney, Mayhew, and a second year Rivera, where this confidence coming from?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current hires are Hurney, Mayhew, and a second year Rivera, where this confidence coming from?
i am confused , you are trying to sell me that trading for DW that we can get good players later in the draft but if we keep our picks our new FO cant hit on the right guys ?

hurney usually hits the first rounder pretty well but the knock is he doesnt find guys later in the draft and that is where mayhew fits in . now we kept eric stokes who drafted the legion of boom and was with smith during our good run at hitting on late round picks and UDRFA's

i posted mayhews draft record in his hire thread or the kyle smith is gone thread his record in the later rounds was fairly good