• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl winning QBs since 2005
Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Rothlesberger
Brees
Rodgers
Flacco
Wilson
Foles
Mahomes

Mostly all time greats. You need an all time great or one hell of a defense to win a SB. In a few cases you needed both.
Yeah, those that opine that you only need a game manager to win a SB are a little misleading. Has a game manager won? Yes, but not often. As your list shows, the majority of teams that win a SB have a top notch QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the FA signing, trading for or drafting of 2nd n 3rd tier QBs every few years. While hoping a QB capable of being a legit NFL QB falls into your lap. Without having to take any risk will become this team's new norm. While fans worry and wring their hands out over which DT or DE or CB to re-sign and which ones to let go. Meanwhile Watson will be leading whichever team had the nuts n foresight to trade for him. Habitually deep into the playoffs after perhaps a few lean years with a couple less draft picks while still under 30 years old.
You could be right but he could lead you to a 4-12 record too.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right but he could lead you to a 4-12 record too.
True. But so could every other QB anyone wants to advocate acquiring. Worse than that, maybe whatever QB the Skins end up with suffers a career ending 3 games into playing for the Skins. No one can make any guarantees regarding the issue we're discussing. And I get a lotta Skins fans being gun-shy about being on the high risk end of another whole lotta players for one player trade. I just see this trade being different than every other trade of a high risk nature the Skins have been a part of in the past.

Watson's a proven NFL commodity coming into his prime. He's 1 of 2 players I think the risk is worth taking this chance on. The other being Josh Allen. As they are both young enough to weather what might be a couple lean years draft picking-wise. They (the Skins) will have options via FA though to make some moves. Watson's also under contract the next 5 years giving, at least imo, the Skins ample time, 5 FA periods n 3 drafts to shore up other issues.

Bottom line I think it's worth the risk to make a serious effort to acquire Watson.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles , Jimmy G and Jared Goff have been to the last 3 superbowls and not one of them is considered a top 10 qb
Nick Foles rode a serious wave of feel good in leading the Eagles to their title and I think we can all agree. He was punching above his weight class far as how he preformed If in no other game, in the Super Bowl. Both Jimmy G n Jared Goff pretty much sucked swollen blue whale nuts far as how they played though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But so could every other QB anyone wants to advocate acquiring. Worse than that, maybe whatever QB the Skins end up with suffers a career ending 3 games into playing for the Skins. No one can make any guarantees regarding the issue we're discussing. And I get a lotta Skins fans being gun-shy about being on the high risk end of another whole lotta players for one player trade. I just see this trade being different than every other trade of a high risk nature the Skins have been a part of in the past.

Watson's a proven NFL commodity coming into his prime. He's 1 of 2 players I think the risk is worth taking this chance on. The other being Josh Allen. As they are both young enough to weather what might be a couple lean years draft picking-wise. They (the Skins) will have options via FA though to make some moves. Watson's also under contract the next 5 years giving, at least imo, the Skins ample time, 5 FA periods n 3 drafts to shore up other issues.

Bottom line I think it's worth the risk to make a serious effort to acquire Watson.
There is a lot to like. Then too he could be the next Sonny Jurgensen.

It is all about how the FO wants to build the team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles rode a serious wave of feel good in leading the Eagles to their title and I think we can all agree. He was punching above his weight class far as how he preformed If in no other game, in the Super Bowl. Both Jimmy G n Jared Goff pretty much sucked swollen blue whale nuts far as how they played though.
I think Frank Reich had a lot to do with the success Wentz had early and Foles in the playoff run.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot to like. Then too he could be the next Sonny Jurgensen.

It is all about how the FO wants to build the team.
True far as how the situation gets handled. Hopefully Snyder doesn't get involved. That ass0 could fuck up a wet dream. I thought the FO made some nice moves last year n they made some blunders. Aside from Haskins though, which wasn't RR's fault for him being a Skins player, though RR seems to be taking the hit for Haskins playing as much as he did last year. There's still a Lotta football go be played in deciding whether or not it was a good FA n draft class.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What post are we discussing exactly?
the one i talked about the cap , what players we had to replace with a proposed trade and what are left over picks could be used for

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Todd McShay has Mac Jones going 12! Okay, it might be me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is this football team really ? we beat one team with a winning record , got broomed by the giants , and beat the beat up cowboys and train wreck eagles twice

we got 7 wins vs patsies . the burrowless bengals , and an injured 49ers team

we lost by 2 scores or more vs the cards , rams ravens browns and we lost to the freaking lions and panthers , both with top 10 picks

we have projected about 53 mil in cap space if we cut ties with CDC

now lets put the reasonable trade up sty's 3 1sts 22's 2nd and payne .

now we are down to ionman and allen (last yr of contract ) sweat and young which is good followed by settle and now ryan Bee
as the tackles and james smith /williams at DE

at LB we would have to hope that some of our 3rd rounders can replace bostic , resign KPL for 3-5 mil , and hope another 3rd rounder can solve FS and /or have reaves as the starter or BU

the other issue is resigning sherff and darby . the franchise tag is 18 mil on sherrf . i think 16 mil will do it and 7 mil for darby thats 26 mil off the cap of 53 mil leaving 27 mil . DW 's cap hit is around 20 mil leaving 7 mil

one option is to let our PB OG walk and replace him with either the unproven ismael or the the equally unproven charles which is a risk but it would allow for a chance to fill a need at wr or somewhere else with the now 23 mil in cap space

the key is 23 mil in cap space only brings you so much . and we will need roll over to resign moses . lucas and thomas , because again the draft picks are gone for 3 seasons so you have to hit on 2nd 3rd and 4ths as year one starters

now if we go out next season DW will have a diminished o/ line without sherff . the projected starters would be lucas schweitzer , roullier , (charles / ismael or barf martin ) and moses . with christian being the swing (or charles )

his wrs would be what we have now plus a draft choice in the mid to late rounds . if we had an injury to MAC it would spell disaster as would it be if thomas went down

we were fortunately good with injuries last year and we still managed only 7 wins

as i see it with DW , you still had the problem houston has , a franchise qb with no assets around him .
he had cooks and fuller at WR

cooks had about the same stat line as MAC and Fuller DW's other shitty wr will fuller had 53 rec. 849 yds and 8 tds far out producing anything we put up at #2 wr . . their RBS rushed for 4.3 yds per carry yet he led them to 4 wins

the defense was 19th in points allowed

now maybe you get a more exciting offense but the defense wont be rated as high so i see us just shifting the needs around . with reduced drafts and FA money being an issue i dont see where the improvement comes from
I would totally support this conclusion, IF, my offer was the same one that you've railed against in this summary.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has talent. We will make an offer for him if he is available.
They all have talent and if you're not consistently going after the best in the business, then you're asking to be out of the SB business.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well how long does he have ? are we thinking short term ? or long term ? , short term 7-9 wins , long term it depends on what we put in place for him . i am leaning more towards Marriota for this team
I thought that the stated goal was to put together a team that could be an annual participant in the playoff run towards a SB? So, the answer, based upon the current make up of this team is to get a short term (quick) answer to your long term goals. That said...

Outside of trading for "that guy" I honestly don't see a path for Washington to get permanency/ stability at the QB position. There not going to be that guy with a skillset at selection 19 that will be able to do what will be immediately required of him. Any pick lower will be more of a "project" than the guy at 19. Trading up at some point becomes prohibitive and begs the question... If you're trading X,Y, Z, in order to move up for an untested rookie, how much more is it to pay the cost to get a young proven top 5 QB?

I'll wager this though, If they do get Watson, there's not one person anywhere who's going to object to the cost in relation to what's gained at QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally support this conclusion, IF, my offer was the same one that you've railed against in this summary.
i admit i could have confused offers so hit me again with it .