• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job coach! Just don't want the uninspiring Darnold on this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear to me that there are some here, who are too focused on getting some wins, when the goal has been and remains winning it all. None of those slugs do anything other than being an slight upgrade over what they currently have, and that isn't saying a lot! Honestly fellow posters, has it gotten to the point where satisfaction comes from making these small improvements?
what is this football team really ? we beat one team with a winning record , got broomed by the giants , and beat the beat up cowboys and train wreck eagles twice

we got 7 wins vs patsies . the burrowless bengals , and an injured 49ers team

we lost by 2 scores or more vs the cards , rams ravens browns and we lost to the freaking lions and panthers , both with top 10 picks

we have projected about 53 mil in cap space if we cut ties with CDC

now lets put the reasonable trade up sty's 3 1sts 22's 2nd and payne .

now we are down to ionman and allen (last yr of contract ) sweat and young which is good followed by settle and now ryan Bee
as the tackles and james smith /williams at DE

at LB we would have to hope that some of our 3rd rounders can replace bostic , resign KPL for 3-5 mil , and hope another 3rd rounder can solve FS and /or have reaves as the starter or BU

the other issue is resigning sherff and darby . the franchise tag is 18 mil on sherrf . i think 16 mil will do it and 7 mil for darby thats 26 mil off the cap of 53 mil leaving 27 mil . DW 's cap hit is around 20 mil leaving 7 mil

one option is to let our PB OG walk and replace him with either the unproven ismael or the the equally unproven charles which is a risk but it would allow for a chance to fill a need at wr or somewhere else with the now 23 mil in cap space

the key is 23 mil in cap space only brings you so much . and we will need roll over to resign moses . lucas and thomas , because again the draft picks are gone for 3 seasons so you have to hit on 2nd 3rd and 4ths as year one starters

now if we go out next season DW will have a diminished o/ line without sherff . the projected starters would be lucas schweitzer , roullier , (charles / ismael or barf martin ) and moses . with christian being the swing (or charles )

his wrs would be what we have now plus a draft choice in the mid to late rounds . if we had an injury to MAC it would spell disaster as would it be if thomas went down

we were fortunately good with injuries last year and we still managed only 7 wins

as i see it with DW , you still had the problem houston has , a franchise qb with no assets around him .
he had cooks and fuller at WR

cooks had about the same stat line as MAC and Fuller DW's other shitty wr will fuller had 53 rec. 849 yds and 8 tds far out producing anything we put up at #2 wr . . their RBS rushed for 4.3 yds per carry yet he led them to 4 wins

the defense was 19th in points allowed

now maybe you get a more exciting offense but the defense wont be rated as high so i see us just shifting the needs around . with reduced drafts and FA money being an issue i dont see where the improvement comes from

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlight of the peter king article Bears are going after Donald only option start Heinicke have Allen and the rookie battle it out and probaly alex smith back.. time to add weapons and Lbs and oline depth only option ..

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or worse that old familiar spot 8-8.:L

So, there's always a market for QB's, Washington has to eventually make a smart move that seriously upgrades at QB. Sam Darnold and Alex Smith both played on bad teams and Darnold ranked 29thor 30th in overall QB rankings. Smith was last at 32nd, there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two. Let's not confuse demand with skill/talent. That said, let me ask you this... How far do you believe that a QB like Darnold takes this team, even if you get all of the "pieces" that you want?

I think he has talent. We will make an offer for him if he is available.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Raiders Trade Rumors: Derek Carr Not Available; LV Will Listen on Marcus Mariota​

SCOTT POLACEKFEBRUARY 8, 2021

Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr (4) and quarterback Marcus Mariota (8) warm up before an NFL football game against the Denver Broncos, Sunday, Jan. 3, 2021, in Denver. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

David Zalubowski/Associated Press

The Las Vegas Raiders may trade a quarterback this offseason, but it reportedly will not be Derek Carr.
Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated wrote Monday: "While there were rumors floating around that the asking price for Carr was two first-round picks last week, I was told pretty emphatically that Carr isn't available."
However, Breer reported the Raiders are willing to listen to offers for backup signal-caller Marcus Mariota.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith and TH already know the system, I'd rather draft a QB to groom than trade for Darnold, kind of a insult to bring his caliber into the qb room IMO.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely inquire about Mariota's availability please...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you dad. I think Mahomes is likely the next great QB, I am reserving some analysis when he doesn't have Kelce and Hill. But even with those two he was not very good. He is most games but does a Watson win a game the way a Brady can? He is the GOAT! For all the Rodgers, Brees and whoever else you can mention there is only one Brady.

For me, I would rather keep what we have and continue to build the team. Watson would be a great addition but not sure he would be worth giving up as much as is being suggested.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the asking price for Darnold?
JP was on the radio today talking about a 2nd and a 5th. It was just a hypothetical though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI.....Dak Prescott followed the Washington Football Team on Instagram earlier today. Word got out and fans went crazy and few hours later he unfllollowed the WFT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that man, but you weren't having a one person conversation. It's done let's move on to the next conversation.:suds:

No but you even tried to veer away. Now you may have been going for that response from me, figuring I wouldn’t pass it up. Damn it...give me credit for being the asshole.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GF wanted to watch the NFL awards the night before the game. Loved when Steve Harvey said "all you could come up with in two months was Washington Football Team???" :pound::pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its b/c of his [potential. He is on a bad team. If he sucks why are so many teams interested in him?

A team gave up a high first for his potential. He busted. Only a stupid team gives up a first again.

Why didn’t we get a first for Haskins? He had potential.

Darn old was on a bad team and he was a bad QB. He has potential, that is why you give up a third at most. Teams are calling because he is available. It doesn’t mean they are offering anything for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlight of the peter king article Bears are going after Donald only option start Heinicke have Allen and the rookie battle it out and probaly alex smith back.. time to add weapons and Lbs and oline depth only option ..
i think this could happen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or worse that old familiar spot 8-8.:L

So, there's always a market for QB's, Washington has to eventually make a smart move that seriously upgrades at QB. Sam Darnold and Alex Smith both played on bad teams and Darnold ranked 29thor 30th in overall QB rankings. Smith was last at 32nd, there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two. Let's not confuse demand with skill/talent. That said, let me ask you this... How far do you believe that a QB like Darnold takes this team, even if you get all of the "pieces" that you want?
well how long does he have ? are we thinking short term ? or long term ? , short term 7-9 wins , long term it depends on what we put in place for him . i am leaning more towards Marriota for this team