• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittsburgh Penguin fans or not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40! Tie game!

And 100 points for Sid. Good call on him getting 100 setting up Jake for 40.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Penguins cared much about overtime since it wouldn't change their playoff position, but Geno, Phil, and Letang were out there for wayyyyyyy too long.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Penguins cared much about overtime since it wouldn't change their playoff position, but Geno, Phil, and Letang were out there for wayyyyyyy too long.
They gave up at the end of that shift, way too tired.

But it is very fitting they end the season losing in OT.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Trifecta! 100 for Sid; 40 for Jake and 1 point for the team so they don't face the Crapitals in the first round.

All on one goal!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't get past the Isle's...
Playing the best defensive team will have it's challenges but if they can expose the goalies then they have a chance.
Also, if the Penguins don't score on the PP it might be a quick series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice lines for the Pens:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust (Classic line, work pretty well together, and Rust has performed well in the playoffs before, so hopefully he gets going sooner rather than later. At its best, both a scoring line and a shut-down defensive line.)

McCann-Malkin-Hornqvist (I like splitting up Geno and Phil, because--while they're occasionally electric together--they too often feed each other's worst tendencies. I also like giving Geno a crasher like Hornqvist who doesn't need the puck to be effective offensively, and who doesn't do much good if not on a line with someone who can create for himself. McCann's a good defender and possession guy, which is sorely needed on a line with Malkin and Hornqvist, so hopefully he's a good fit.)

Simon-Bjugstad-Kessel (I love Simon and Bjugstad together, but they don't finish very much, so giving them a trigger man in Kessel should turn their good possession work into more goals. Kessel, likewise, should benefit from playing with two guys who hound the puck and wreak havoc who also have enough skill to feed him.)

Blueger-Cullen-Wilson/ZAR (If ZAR is healthy, he should be in. Blueger and Cullen have been solid together, and Wilson has been fine, but can't score. ZAR is everything Wilson is, but with scoring touch. Opponents can't relax when the fourth line is on the ice if Aston-Reese is in there, even if they're not going to exactly fill the net.)

I think these are the best lines. I'd also consider flipping Rust and Kessel if the team needs an offensive spark.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have to win tonight by getting some scoring by their 3rd line. Rust needs to score also.

Status
Not open for further replies.