• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates acquire 3B Aramis Ramirez from Brewers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal. Fills a need for now, and if he's comfortable playing first, could give us a platoon option there when folks are healthy. Even so, he started slow, so his season numbers are misleading. He's been very good at the plate since about mid-June.

Also, we gave up basically nothing to get him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal. Fills a need for now, and if he's comfortable playing first, could give us a platoon option there when folks are healthy. Even so, he started slow, so his season numbers are misleading. He's been very good at the plate since about mid-June.

Also, we gave up basically nothing to get him.

This is the best part of the deal on top of the fact the got a competent bat.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur fellas. A nice addition an a hitter with some pop.

Darkstone42
"and if he's comfortable playing first, could give us a platoon option there when folks are healthy"
Excellent

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for both sides, my only concern is they try to shoe horn in Ramirez as an everyday player even when the team is healthy.

Listening to Pirates post game, Teke is talking about him as a 4-hole hitter, when really he should be viewed as a temporary stop gap, and at best a rotation player when everyone is healthy.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if ARam can transition to first base if/when everyone is healthy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if ARam can transition to first base if/when everyone is healthy.

I was thinking the same thing. He's not the headcase Pedro is, so he should be able to make the transition. And his bat is definitely better than Sean Rodriguez.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. He's not the headcase Pedro is, so he should be able to make the transition. And his bat is definitely better than Sean Rodriguez.

Yeah, they really should approach him now about it too. Get some reps in at first base during practice. Maybe even use Florimon as a defensive sub late, with Kang moving to third and ARam moving to first, assuming he is comfortable with that.

S Rod has been a black hole so far, which is surprising, since he was a decent offensive player that past few years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they really should approach him now about it too. Get some reps in at first base during practice. Maybe even use Florimon as a defensive sub late, with Kang moving to third and ARam moving to first, assuming he is comfortable with that.

S Rod has been a black hole so far, which is surprising, since he was a decent offensive player that past few years.

Rodriguez has just been overexposed, I think. When his role was limited, he was fine. When it expanded, his weaknesses got the better of him. He's still a useful player, and if he doesn't have to start every day, I think his bat will play fine off the bench the rest of the way.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is a BIG WIN for the Bucs in my eyes. ARam is a professional hitter, a former Bucco, who I HATED seeing traded, & just an all - around good egg.

More work needs to be done however, another legit bat. Hopefully 1B & some pitching depth, either a SP or RP is needed.

David Todd tweeted that the TB Rays will most likely trade one of their excellent RP. Either Boxberger, McGee or Jepsen.

If I am Neal Huntington, I am all over that.

I would like any of the 3.

Make some calls, make some deals Neal.

Burgh