• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Picture's worth a thousand words

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of shit that Trubisky is dealing with. Everyone and anyone criticizing every little decision he makes or doesn't make. I hope the pressure doesn't prove to be too much.
If a professional QB can't handle some legit criticism, then he has no business being in the NFL. If pressure rattles Trubs to the point he can't play the position well, then he needs to find another line of work. But I happen to be of the belief that in due time he will be a top notch QB in this league.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a professional QB can't handle some legit criticism, then he has no business being in the NFL. If pressure rattles Trubs to the point he can't play the position well, then he needs to find another line of work. But I happen to be of the belief that in due time he will be a top notch QB in this league.
Whereas I partially agree with your assessment, the Chicago media is relentless with their criticism of QBs. I do believe they are one of the reasons the bears haven’t been able to develop a quality QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas I partially agree with your assessment, the Chicago media is relentless with their criticism of QBs. I do believe they are one of the reasons the bears haven’t been able to develop a quality QB.
Oh hey, been around way too many years to argue that point. The Chicago media are and always have been relentlessly negative with their approach to all things sports and in particular the Bears. But Trubs is a professional and currently employed in a job in which as a starting QB, he's one of only 32 people in the world who can boast of holding this position. So with it comes the responsibility of handling all the garbage thrown his way. He needs to block out the 'noise' and focus on the game plan and how he will execute such. He can do it, he has the talent and mental make up. I for one intend on being patient and giving him every opportunity to succeed at his craft. When he screws up, I won't make excuses for Trubs, but I also won't throw him under the bus and scream out total bust, like some fans do.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid, i agree. Just saying, there's a lot out there to deal with. Watson having the brief year he did last year and then Mahomes starting out on fire doesn't help anything, along with the annual Chicago media pressure. Throw a little Khalil Mack making this defense quite elite on there and Trubisky probably has more pressure on him right now than any other QB in the league. To just ignore that and expect him to make all the right decisions and all the right throws is just naive and unrealistic.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hey, been around way too many years to argue that point. The Chicago media are and always have been relentlessly negative with their approach to all things sports and in particular the Bears. But Trubs is a professional and currently employed in a job in which as a starting QB, he's one of only 32 people in the world who can boast of holding this position. So with it comes the responsibility of handling all the garbage thrown his way. He needs to block out the 'noise' and focus on the game plan and how he will execute such. He can do it, he has the talent and mental make up. I for one intend on being patient and giving him every opportunity to succeed at his craft. When he screws up, I won't make excuses for Trubs, but I also won't throw him under the bus and scream out total bust, like some fans do.
I get what you are saying and I agree. But that’s a lot easier said than done for a 24 year old kid 1 year out of college.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was looking right because the play was a designed throwback screen to the left... It was a misdirection play. He was attempting to fake the defense. He was never actually looking right.

They just highlited your play rich...…………...Wrong,absolutley wrong.

Trubisky had Burton wide-ass open and knew it...…….Just horrible qb play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just highlited your play rich...…………...Wrong,absolutley wrong.

Trubisky had Burton wide-ass open and knew it...…….Just horrible qb play.

Yeah, I don't think you get what I am saying. lol. I never said Burton wasn't open.

They actually reiterated exactly what I said. It was a designed throwback to Gabriel and Burton wasn't a read.

This is precisely what I said.

There's maybe a couple of QB's alive who would have made that play. Most would have done exactly what Trubisky did. Certainly... a guy with 13 starts would never make it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think you get what I am saying. lol. I never said Burton wasn't open.

They actually reiterated exactly what I said. It was a designed throwback to Gabriel and Burton wasn't a read.

This is precisely what I said.

There's maybe a couple of QB's alive who would have made that play. Most would have done exactly what Trubisky did. Certainly... a guy with 13 starts would never make it.

he had him in his sight,there was NO REASON in the world why he did not throw it to burton...…….None.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had him in his sight,there was NO REASON in the world why he did not throw it to burton...…….None.

I don't think you really grasp what a clear-out route is...

I also don't think you grasp how brief that window of opportunity is in real time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you really grasp what a clear-out route is...

I also don't think you grasp how brief that window of opportunity is in real time.

No Rich...……….The window of opportunity was there,he failed to throw...…...and I just rewound it to that the highlited play by the announcers,Romo did say Nagy Trubisky was just doing what he was told to do,but what else was he suppose to say,his qb fucked up...………..Hes not gonna throw his qb under the bus.

and as Romo said"Sometimes you just gotta play"....and I totally agree.

And I say Nagy was full of shit with that comment.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Rich...……….The window of opportunity was there,he failed to throw...…...and I just rewound it to that the highlited play by the announcers,Romo did say Nagy Trubisky was just doing what he was told to do,but what else was he suppose to say,his qb fucked up...………..Hes not gonna throw his qb under the bus.

and as Romo said"Sometimes you just gotta play"....and I totally agree.

And I say Nagy was full of shit with that comment.

Even Witten stated that screen caps are bullshit, and that in real time it's not so simple.

Romo didn't say shit, fwiw..Witten did.

Trubs is young bro....jumping ship now is such a fucking typical meathead Bears fan move...don't be that guy bro

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs is young bro....jumping ship now is such a fucking typical meathead Bears fan move...don't be that guy bro

Yes please. I expect attitudes like that from some of those other wacky websites, not here. Patience is the key word and in the meantime, let's marvel at that incredible D. They're only going to get better too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gratz on the victory bears fans…i'd feel better if Nall was on the team tho.

kid's got gutz.

He is. He's on the practice squad. He just isn't active.

Unfortunately for him - we have three RB's who all serve important purposes in a superior fashion to Nall.

Whether it's here or elsewhere - he'll get a shot. He's one injury away from being activated with the Bears.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Witten stated that screen caps are bullshit, and that in real time it's not so simple.

Sometimes you gotta call it the way you see it.......And I seen a lot of inaccurate passes..... ....Its called making strides,and right now I haven't seen it yet out of Trubisky......
And yea I said Romo,so sue me........Atleast I value Wittens opinion over Romos.....And Witten did say he needs to play the game.....Trubisky had him in his sight and failed miserably.........Thetes no other way to call it.Hopefully it's the end of it........

And I'm not going for this excuse he needs time.....Goff looked horrible year one,last year he did great.....Mahomes is killing it.......
Trubisky needs that leap from last season.......And Im not seeing it........Granted it's the second game,but man,if we played a good team last night,we're 0-2.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes please. I expect attitudes like that from some of those other wacky websites, not here. Patience is the key word and in the meantime, let's marvel at that incredible D. They're only going to get better too.

I love the Mack-n- Roquan show....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Mack-n- Roquan show....
Yeah, no doubt. And they're still not quite fully up to speed/playing condition yet. This defense is going to be even scarier than it already is within the next few weeks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not going for this excuse he needs time.....Goff looked horrible year one,last year he did great.....Mahomes is killing it.......
Trubisky needs that leap from last season.......And Im not seeing it........Granted it's the second game,but man,if we played a good team last night,we're 0-2.....

I'm going to come up with at least a semi-excuse, altho I too have stated that he should be better at this point than he has shown to date. However, in both Goff's and Mahomes' cases, they each had two full seasons to either play in or observe the same offensive systems. Yes, Trubs, had 12 starts under his belt last year, but he pretty much had to toss all that aside when Nagy came in and created a brand new offense from scratch. So he does have a bit of a learning curve to be applied. That doesn't excuse him from poorly thrown balls, but I think it does allow us to give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer than one might otherwise give for a 2nd year starting QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think it's really odd to evaluate a QB 14 games into his career as though he's a finished product. "He's not good right now! So clearly he won't be good ever!"... lol. Especially with a QB like Trubisky - with whom we knew would take a little time to bring along. Most good QB's take a good 30-40 games for you to truly get a feel. It's pretty rare that you have a QB with whom you know is utter shit or potentially elite prior to that year #3 mark.

Hell, even current QB's with early success on really talented, well coached teams. Like Ben, Brady, Russell, Rivers... etc... it wasn't until that 3rd-4th season mark where they actually hit their strides as passers. Those guys were game managers during their early team success and struggled plenty. Brees took going to a second team. Rodgers struggled in 08, but had also sat 3 seasons. So... that's a weird case.

I think it's just a mistaken perspective thing. If I was taking Trub's play at face value... Yeah... no shit, I'd be pretty pissed. However, he'll get better and I don't even think that's a question. It's just a matter of how much better he'll get.

Just ride it out. It looks stupid to make an emphatic game one way or another. If we're going by a two game sample size, I suppose by that logic Trubisky was a proven stud after looking great vs Detroit and Cincy last season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you gotta call it the way you see it.......And I seen a lot of inaccurate passes..... ....Its called making strides,and right now I haven't seen it yet out of Trubisky......
And yea I said Romo,so sue me........Atleast I value Wittens opinion over Romos.....And Witten did say he needs to play the game.....Trubisky had him in his sight and failed miserably.........Thetes no other way to call it.Hopefully it's the end of it........

Again, this is just weird logic. What do those QB's have to do with Trubisky? Shall we go through the list of QB's with early success who then sputtered out? Or QB's who took more time than others to hit their stride? QB isn't a rigidly timed thing. There's benchmarks you look towards. Year #1, year #2... but it all varies a bit case-by-case.

14 games in and you're evaluating him like this is the finished product. As if he's done growing. Not to mention, you seem to be doing this on a game-by-game knee jerk basis. If he plays two good games vs ARI and TB. Does that make him a proven stud? No. It would not. It's about a larger body of work.

Do I need to explain why that's an odd perspective to have?

if we played a good team last night,we're 0-2.....

And if Kyle Fuller catches a soft toss from Rodgers... we're 2-0 with a win over GB at Lambeau. See how that works?