• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Picture's worth a thousand words

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The photo is horribly out of context.

Burton was just running a clear out route. He wasn't even a read on the play. Trubisky noticed Burton, as you can see in real time. However, by that time Dix had closed the gap. As Trubisky had already began going back to his read in Gabriel. To whom it was a designed screen play.

The NFL isn't played in still shots. This shit happens at 100 MPH. Burton was open for maybe a second, but when you have no reason to look at him (by design) that window shuts before you even notice.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burton was just running a clear out route. He wasn't even a read on the play. Trubisky noticed Burton, as you can see in real time. However, by that time Dix had closed the gap. As Trubisky had already began going back to his read in Gabriel. To whom it was a designed screen play.

The NFL isn't played in still shots. This shit happens at 100 MPH. Burton was open for maybe a second, but when you have no reason to look at him (by design) that window shuts before you even notice.

okay...I didn't see the play or see outside the box. makes sense

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You even can tell in the still it's late in the progression, the defender is dashing towards Burton, and is not necessarily as open as it looks. To have hit it, Trubisky probably would have had to throw almost immediately.

There were plenty of things that were missed or not done well, and while this is its mascot, it's objectively wrong.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses. That's all I'm reading here. Any number of QBs in the exact same situation would have spotted an arm-waving Burton and either fired a pass directly to him or lead him to his left to prevent any chance of an INT.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses. That's all I'm reading here. Any number of QBs in the exact same situation would have spotted an arm-waving Burton and either fired a pass directly to him or lead him to his left to prevent any chance of an INT.

Meh. By the time he comes out of the play action, it was already too late. It would have had to have been his 1st read/option in the route tree for it to even come close to working. I mean, I suppose he could've led him left, but if it gets picked there, everyone criticizing him for not throwing it, would be criticizing him for throwing it, and taking points off the board.

This play is not near as egregious as it seems. Even the Packers DB is coming to Mitch's defense here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You even can tell in the still it's late in the progression, the defender is dashing towards Burton, and is not necessarily as open as it looks. To have hit it, Trubisky probably would have had to throw almost immediately.

There were plenty of things that were missed or not done well, and while this is its mascot, it's objectively wrong.

Yes, as you can tell by my whiney little thread about Trubisky after the game. I was not pleased with how he operated within the pocket throughout a chunk of the game or the two minute drill. However, this just isn't a valid criticism. It's internet click-bait which appeals to people that just don't understand what's happening there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as you can tell by my whiney little thread about Trubisky after the game. I was not pleased with how he operated within the pocket throughout a chunk of the game or the two minute drill. However, this just isn't a valid criticism. It's internet click-bait which appeals to people that just don't understand what's happening there.
I don't see how you attempt that to what was a clear-out route unless you have Favre/Rodgers-like armstrength.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think youre right...…..You stop that at 1 second,you`ll see Trubisky actually looking at him with time to set and fire the ball......It was definetley a botched opportunity......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think youre right...…..You stop that at 1 second,you`ll see Trubisky actually looking at him with time to set and fire the ball......It was definetley a botched opportunity......
no way were his feet in position to make that throw. The flinch shows that he saw it, but knew it was too late.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way were his feet in position to make that throw. The flinch shows that he saw it, but knew it was too late.
He may not have been in position, footwork-wise to fire the ball directly at Burton. But as the picture clearly shows, he could have easily set his feet and threw to Burton's left. There was no one on the Packers side who was in a position to overtake that. The worst case would have been an incompletion, the best case a TD.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not have been in position, footwork-wise to fire the ball directly at Burton. But as the picture clearly shows, he could have easily set his feet and threw to Burton's left. There was no one on the Packers side who was in a position to overtake that. The worst case would have been an incompletion, the best case a TD.
I think the issue with this is in order to do this he'd have to reset his base and torque his body back, and then throw it. Throwing it as late as the still would have the ball lose a lot of velocity and put the ball at risk and have a greater risk of being inaccurate. Burton is also just kinda standing there instead of coming back for a potential ball to complicate matters.

If Burton comes back, maybe, just maybe, Trubisky has a play on that thing. That level of chemistry would be kinda unusual this soon, however.

The window of any opportunity to Burton here is very small, and would be off-script. It's not impossible- but that's a very ballsy play to attempt while in the RZ.

Basically, I think there are two ways Trubisky could have scored a TD to Burton

A) Immediate recognition, or pre-snap read, identifies the clear-out is actually going to be open.
1a) An immediate throw to a spot, and hope Burton gets to it.

B) Have the play play out just as it did, but Trubisky fires, essentially blind, and trusts that Burton comes back for the ball after fading back to the endzone, plants, and then makes a B-line to the front end of the endzone; all the while hoping this is just enough to get the defender just enough out of the play to get Burton to catch the incoming pass.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno…………….if you watch it frame by frame,it looked to me he was wanting to go to the right side of the field to begin with.....Then as he starting glancing back to the left side,he had time to make that throw,as it did look like he seen Burton wide open...…...My question now is,howa his arm strength,cause he did want to go Burton`s way but stopped and threw to the left side...……….

I think he had time myself,but hey whatever...……..

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno…………….if you watch it frame by frame,it looked to me he was wanting to go to the right side of the field to begin with.....Then as he starting glancing back to the left side,he had time to make that throw,as it did look like he seen Burton wide open...…...My question now is,howa his arm strength,cause he did want to go Burton`s way but stopped and threw to the left side...……….

I think he had time myself,but hey whatever...……..

He was looking right because the play was a designed throwback screen to the left... It was a misdirection play. He was attempting to fake the defense. He was never actually looking right.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of shit that Trubisky is dealing with. Everyone and anyone criticizing every little decision he makes or doesn't make. I hope the pressure doesn't prove to be too much.