• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 7

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as great as their front-7 is that secondary is a lot worse in my opinion without Norman locking down one side of the field. Going to be interesting when they face some of the better QB's how that goes. I honestly think that letting Norman walk could be the difference in them once again competing for the Super Bowl and maybe going home wild card weekend.
I agree.

Panthers basically have two issues: half of the teams are going to try to beat up Cam and the other half is going to try and test their secondary. They are hitting the easy part of their schedule, though. They still seem like they are odds on favorites to make the playoffs but the NFC South is arena league and they can put up points in the air and historically worst to first happens often there. Carolina also has to deal with the fact that the playoffs might mean going through Green Bay, Arizona and Seattle slinging the rock around. If their secondary totally falls apart then they are basically the same team as Tampa Bay so exactly where their secondary is this year is pretty key.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Panthers basically have two issues: half of the teams are going to try to beat up Cam and the other half is going to try and test their secondary. They are hitting the easy part of their schedule, though. They still seem like they are odds on favorites to make the playoffs but the NFC South is arena league and they can put up points in the air and historically worst to first happens often there. Carolina also has to deal with the fact that the playoffs might mean going through Green Bay, Arizona and Seattle slinging the rock around. If their secondary totally falls apart then they are basically the same team as Tampa Bay so exactly where their secondary is this year is pretty key.

Oh I agree. It is why the NFL is so exciting as even the front runner teams like Carolina have a weakness that could spell doom throughout the season. This isn't like the NBA where you know the top-4 teams unless ridiculous injuries happen for the end of the year. I mean I think 90% of the country predicted that the Cavs and Warriors would be the final 2 teams standing.

Now for Carolina I'm sure the rookies will have some growing pains but should grow as the season goes on. I mean you saw it in KC last year with Peters. First half of the year he was boom or bust and many times seemed bust. 2nd half of the season not sure a Corner played better in the league. So maybe they improve and that defense once again becomes as stout as last year. Still they are definitely showing some weaknesses and I'm just not sure they can continue to try and run the same scheme week in and week out and expect Cam to just keep holding up long-term. QB's that play like he does typically don't make it to 35 years old. We are talking maybe early 30's and he is done if they don't change some things.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. It is why the NFL is so exciting as even the front runner teams like Carolina have a weakness that could spell doom throughout the season. This isn't like the NBA where you know the top-4 teams unless ridiculous injuries happen for the end of the year. I mean I think 90% of the country predicted that the Cavs and Warriors would be the final 2 teams standing.

Now for Carolina I'm sure the rookies will have some growing pains but should grow as the season goes on. I mean you saw it in KC last year with Peters. First half of the year he was boom or bust and many times seemed bust. 2nd half of the season not sure a Corner played better in the league. So maybe they improve and that defense once again becomes as stout as last year. Still they are definitely showing some weaknesses and I'm just not sure they can continue to try and run the same scheme week in and week out and expect Cam to just keep holding up long-term. QB's that play like he does typically don't make it to 35 years old. We are talking maybe early 30's and he is done if they don't change some things.
I was big on James Bradberry as a late round sleeper before he was drafted about where he should've been drafted. Its pretty stunning that he is maybe their best guy now, though. It'll be interesting to watch, thats for sure.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am pretty sure if you dont have a #1 or #2 overall pick you dont win ever in the NBA.

Teams that have won without a #1 or #2 overall pick on their team

2008 Boston Celtics (they did have 4 Top 10 Picks though)
2003 Detroit Pistons

Then none since at least 1985.

2 Teams have won without a Top 2 Pick in the last 40 years of NBA basketball.

Not even a Sport anymore. Maybe if they contract like 16 teams then it would be a Sport again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just picked all 16....

Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD
@ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB
@ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG
@ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt
@ Wash
LA @ SF................I'm burning a pic of KOPASQUAT for this one....:trash:
Overachiever award given

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get back to you on Tuesday.
#PredictingFatStacksThisSeason

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEN, AZ, SEA, MIN, KC, GB, HOU

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure if you dont have a #1 or #2 overall pick you dont win ever in the NBA.

Teams that have won without a #1 or #2 overall pick on their team

2008 Boston Celtics (they did have 4 Top 10 Picks though)
2003 Detroit Pistons

Then none since at least 1985.

2 Teams have won without a Top 2 Pick in the last 40 years of NBA basketball.

Not even a Sport anymore. Maybe if they contract like 16 teams then it would be a Sport again.

That's a bit of a stetch, as the #1 on the champion Warriors was Bogut, not exactly a team-leading player.

Who was the #1 or #2 overall on the Kobe/Gasol championship teams? Not Kobe or Gasol...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just pick all the games, though the first 7 will be my 7.

Oakland 38 At New Orleans 30
New England 19 At Arizona 20
Cincinnati 28
At New York (J) 17
New York (G) 26 At Dallas 9
Tampa Bay 31 At Atlanta 30
San Diego 13 At Kansas City 31
Detroit 20 At Indianapolis 41

Carolina 20 At Denver 24
Green Bay 41
At Jacksonville 38
Miami 21 At Seattle 31
Minnesota 17
At Tennessee 6
Buffalo 12 At Baltimore 17
Pittsburgh 20 At Washington 21
Cleveland 18
At Philadelphia 6
Chicago 17 At Houston 21
Los Angeles 10 At San Fransisco 13

Stupid Fucking Browns......

Hopefully the Chiefs can complete the comeback the Raiders just did.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of a stetch, as the #1 on the champion Warriors was Bogut, not exactly a team-leading player.

Who was the #1 or #2 overall on the Kobe/Gasol championship teams? Not Kobe or Gasol...

Ya, I didnt check each team. I just assumed Shaq was on that team. So 3 in 40 years. I doubt that makes it much better.