• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 7

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith...I think might take a few more shots with Maclin 1 on 1, Kelce is his trusted RZ target, but we'll have to see...if a S is looming, he typically won't take the risk.

DBs...Idk who the slot is, but Gaines and Peters I would take, and I'm not too worried about Berry, Parker...what happens when they go nickel, etc. we'll have to see....I like their back 4 though.

I guess to me if I am playing the Chiefs what I do is spread them out. Really test the secondary with all that youth plus push the team pass rush wise early in the year without Houston. Make the linebackers have to cover as well. Now maybe that youth rise up and do better than I think but I would at least test that early and see what happens. Also could open some nice holes for the run game with them playing a smaller line up and being spread out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me if I am playing the Chiefs what I do is spread them out. Really test the secondary with all that youth plus push the team pass rush wise early in the year without Houston. Make the linebackers have to cover as well. Now maybe that youth rise up and do better than I think but I would at least test that early and see what happens. Also could open some nice holes for the run game with them playing a smaller line up and being spread out.
I just think you're used to looking at Denver's secondary. Chiefs secondary should at least be middle of the pack and could be better if Peters improves and Gaines stays healthy. The S position is set. The Linebackers...hard to say but the dline positions are set, too. Chiefs drafted late, early and often with secondary help the past 3-4 years so secondary depth *should* be a strength but we'll have to wait and see. Teams that draft heavily on an area and dont get returns often struggle at some point but you could argue that the Chiefs have already gotten decent returns with Peters.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB @ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG @ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt @ Wash
LA @ SF

Seattle, Indy, KC, Hou, NO, NYG, ATL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you're used to looking at Denver's secondary. Chiefs secondary should at least be middle of the pack and could be better if Peters improves and Gaines stays healthy. The S position is set. The Linebackers...hard to say but the dline positions are set, too. Chiefs drafted late, early and often with secondary help the past 3-4 years so secondary depth *should* be a strength but we'll have to wait and see. Teams that draft heavily on an area and dont get returns often struggle at some point but you could argue that the Chiefs have already gotten decent returns with Peters.

I guess to me the Corner position is just such an unknown beyond Peters and even there does he have the Sophomore Slump that happens to many 2nd year guys? I really do like Gaines but again can he stay healthy and how is he returning from his injury and now maybe looked to for that 2nd Corner position? With Smith at least you had a very well known piece of the puzzle. I never thought of Smith as a top-10 Corner by any means but he was a good Corner for you guys and played very well in the system that KC likes to run. I don't see Gaines or the other Corners being as physical at the LOS as that of Smith so just have to see how they do.

I'm not saying that the Chiefs secondary can't be great this year. What I'm saying is just too much is unknown at this point to say whether they are better or worse than last year. That is why I would test that part of their defense early and often in the season especially when the pass rush might be lacking with Houston out and even Hali still recovering from an injury.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a lot of KC also, which makes sense. Always fun to root for the underdogs!

I take it you're joking. KC and Houston are both favored by about a TD.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me the Corner position is just such an unknown beyond Peters and even there does he have the Sophomore Slump that happens to many 2nd year guys? I really do like Gaines but again can he stay healthy and how is he returning from his injury and now maybe looked to for that 2nd Corner position? With Smith at least you had a very well known piece of the puzzle. I never thought of Smith as a top-10 Corner by any means but he was a good Corner for you guys and played very well in the system that KC likes to run. I don't see Gaines or the other Corners being as physical at the LOS as that of Smith so just have to see how they do.

I'm not saying that the Chiefs secondary can't be great this year. What I'm saying is just too much is unknown at this point to say whether they are better or worse than last year. That is why I would test that part of their defense early and often in the season especially when the pass rush might be lacking with Houston out and even Hali still recovering from an injury.
Honestly that seemed like everyone's gameplan last year, too. Even with Houston out, the Chiefs still got their sacks and Peters was tested big time last year. The Chiefs had some major issues with CB depth because Gaines wasn't in IIRC and it cost them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that seemed like everyone's gameplan last year, too. Even with Houston out, the Chiefs still got their sacks and Peters was tested big time last year. The Chiefs had some major issues with CB depth because Gaines wasn't in IIRC and it cost them.

I would add though they didn't really play the whose who of QB's during that stretch. They played an injured Manning. Big Ben was out with an injury. Really only maybe top-10 QB you played during that stretch was Phillip Rivers and he had a down right terrible OL trying to protect him and no run game to help ease a team from just going all out at him.

Again I just need to see to believe on this before I really start saying the Chiefs secondary is going to be fine and that their pass rush will be fine without Houston this year. To me when the Chiefs did finally play a QB that could space them out and just throw all over the field with the Patriots that defense just had no answer last year. So I think the defense will be fine against above average and lower teams especially passing wise. It is when they go against some of the tougher QB's that I think that defense could really get lit up because of the youth.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you're joking. KC and Houston are both favored by about a TD.
I meant the Bears and Chargers, I picked KC and Houston but it doesn't mean I'm rooting for them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me when the Chiefs did finally play a QB that could space them out and just throw all over the field with the Patriots that defense just had no answer last year.
Patriots scored 27. They only had 4 games all season where they didn't hit 27. 1 against Buffalo, 1 against Denver in the playoffs and the last 2 games when they coasted into the playoffs. I think beating New England that year took 30 points for pretty much anyone unless D was your whole team.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the Bears and Chargers, I picked KC and Houston but it doesn't mean I'm rooting for them.

My bad, thanks for the clarification. Those are good picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots scored 27. They only had 4 games all season where they didn't hit 27. 1 against Buffalo, 1 against Denver in the playoffs and the last 2 games when they coasted into the playoffs. I think beating New England that year took 30 points for pretty much anyone unless D was your whole team.

Actually it was 5 times. Buffalo once, Broncos in the regular season and playoffs, Jets once, and Dolphins once. They went 1-4 in those games. So yes that is the magic number and yes not many teams were able to do it but again my point is that when the Chiefs ran into a team that could spread them out and had a QB that could throw really well they struggled to stop a team.

You seem to be thinking I am saying the Chiefs are going to be this terrible defense. Not at all. I'm suggesting they are not going to be as good as last year. Have to remember they finished 3rd in scoring defense and 7th in total defense. I see them more in that 10-12 range for both of those stats this year. So still a very good defense just not a top-5 unit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steeler have KC @ home week 4...it'll be interesting to see how Haley game plans for them.

I'm not looking at them as being that young back there...2nd yr is young, but the Steelers might be as young...especially when they go nickel. Ben was out of the game LY @ KC, a loss...I expect that to make some difference this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was 5 times. Buffalo once, Broncos in the regular season and playoffs, Jets once, and Dolphins once. They went 1-4 in those games. So yes that is the magic number and yes not many teams were able to do it but again my point is that when the Chiefs ran into a team that could spread them out and had a QB that could throw really well they struggled to stop a team.

You seem to be thinking I am saying the Chiefs are going to be this terrible defense. Not at all. I'm suggesting they are not going to be as good as last year. Have to remember they finished 3rd in scoring defense and 7th in total defense. I see them more in that 10-12 range for both of those stats this year. So still a very good defense just not a top-5 unit.
Being 2nd in turnover differential and top 5 in time of possession certainly helps those stats so dropping to 10-12 range probably pushes them out of playoff contention so I think its an important distinction. It'd be like Denver dropping from the #1 D/#4 D to something around the #7/#10 range. That would drop them out as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 2nd in turnover differential and top 5 in time of possession certainly helps those stats so dropping to 10-12 range probably pushes them out of playoff contention so I think its an important distinction. It'd be like Denver dropping from the #1 D/#4 D to something around the #7/#10 range. That would drop them out as well.

I don't think it pushes either of our teams out of contention. So much more plays into our team's season. Such as the Chiefs with having a strong run game and possibly a top-10 offense. To me if you have a top-10 offense and a defense right in that range of 10-12 then you should be in almost every single game and most likely finish the season with a winning record. For the Broncos it all depends on how much improvement the offense can have. Let's say they go from scoring 18 points per game on offense to 24 points per game. Then they can have a defense that drops off a bit and still win games. Let's say they only have that 18 points per game but finish with a top-5 rushing attack that helps in TOP and keeps the defense fresh and off the field. Then again they should be in most games with them being very low scoring affairs. Right now we just don't know.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just pick all the games, though the first 7 will be my 7.

Oakland 38 At New Orleans 30
New England 19 At Arizona 20
Cincinnati 28
At New York (J) 17
New York (G) 26 At Dallas 9
Tampa Bay 31 At Atlanta 30
San Diego 13 At Kansas City 31
Detroit 20 At Indianapolis 41

Carolina 20 At Denver 24
Green Bay 41
At Jacksonville 38
Miami 21 At Seattle 31
Minnesota 17
At Tennessee 6
Buffalo 12 At Baltimore 17
Pittsburgh 20 At Washington 21
Cleveland 18
At Philadelphia 6
Chicago 17 At Houston 21
Los Angeles 10 At San Fransisco 13

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it pushes either of our teams out of contention. So much more plays into our team's season. Such as the Chiefs with having a strong run game and possibly a top-10 offense. To me if you have a top-10 offense and a defense right in that range of 10-12 then you should be in almost every single game and most likely finish the season with a winning record. For the Broncos it all depends on how much improvement the offense can have. Let's say they go from scoring 18 points per game on offense to 24 points per game. Then they can have a defense that drops off a bit and still win games. Let's say they only have that 18 points per game but finish with a top-5 rushing attack that helps in TOP and keeps the defense fresh and off the field. Then again they should be in most games with them being very low scoring affairs. Right now we just don't know.
I just kinda assume that both the Chiefs and the Broncos have a certain kind of DNA. Chiefs play a risky defense that gets turnovers and a ball control offense that controls the clock. Alex Smith game manages, the special teams makes plays. Unfortunately it also means the Chiefs aren't getting many deep balls and they give up more red zone points and more yards than they need to.

Broncos have a very talented defense, some talent on in the skill spots and only god knows what on the oline and QB. If they can win without a top 5 defense than Id be kinda shocked but I guess the more you think you know about sports, the more things change so its possible. I'm just assuming that the Chiefs and Broncos both have an identity at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just kinda assume that both the Chiefs and the Broncos have a certain kind of DNA. Chiefs play a risky defense that gets turnovers and a ball control offense that controls the clock. Alex Smith game manages, the special teams makes plays. Unfortunately it also means the Chiefs aren't getting many deep balls and they give up more red zone points and more yards than they need to.

Broncos have a very talented defense, some talent on in the skill spots and only god knows what on the oline and QB. If they can win without a top 5 defense than Id be kinda shocked but I guess the more you think you know about sports, the more things change so its possible. I'm just assuming that the Chiefs and Broncos both have an identity at this point.

And see I am the opposite when it comes to the Broncos. They have changed identity a few times over teh last 5 years. When Tebow was here it was obviously a pound the ball hoping to keep it a low scoring game and maybe make a play or two that swing the game in your favor while playing sound defense. Then Manning came to town and it was put up the star wars numbers and just outscore everybody. After the Super Bowl loss though Elway realized that they needed a much more physical identity so brought in some guys like Ward and Talib to really add to the physicality and attitude on the defensive side of the ball. Then bringing in a guy like Kubiak in 2015 really showed they want to play physical defense and now try to run the ball down your throat. The offensive identity though is still being written for the Broncos depending on what they get from the QB position. So I guess I've just stopped trying to fully guess what the Broncos will have as an identity from year to year. I'm expecting the defense to still have the same mentality of last year as most of the same pieces are still in place. Offensively like I said though depends how much they trust the QB that they could be like the Patriots and become game specific where one game they try and run the ball 30-35 times in the game and another spread a team out and air it out.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly