• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 7

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sea, GB, Balt, KC, Jets, Giants, Oak.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB @ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG @ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt @ Wash
LA @ SF

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB @ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG @ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt @ Wash
LA @ SF

KC
GB
Balt
Hou
Sea
Indy
Pitt

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
GB
@ Jax
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
LA
@ SF

I went a little safer...only went PIT and GB on the road...I believe CAR will win, but DEN in the mile high air...didn't have the balls to pick it for my 7. Don't be surprised to see TN win...lot of people who supposed to know what they're talking about like the Titans to be a solid team this yr.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went a little safer...only went PIT and GB on the road...I believe CAR will win, but DEN in the mile high air...didn't have the balls to pick it for my 7. Don't be surprised to see TN win...lot of people who supposed to know what they're talking about like the Titans to be a solid team this yr.

Vikings D + a fresh Peterson has me picking the Vikes, despite the QB shake-up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings D + a fresh Peterson has me picking the Vikes, despite the QB shake-up.

Yep...if I were laying some green on it, I would do the same...but when I hear guys like Dungy on radio sportstalk in ATL say he thinks TN will be improved based on what he's seen...improved might be 5-11, 6-10 or 8-8, but I take a little stock in it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...if I were laying some green on it, I would do the same...but when I hear guys like Dungy on radio sportstalk in ATL say he thinks TN will be improved based on what he's seen...improved might be 5-11, 6-10 or 8-8, but I take a little stock in it.

They keep hyping the Jaguars too. I'm not buying it until I see it.

That said, just missed on the game last night. Can't believe they choked away a 10 pt 4th quarter lead, only to have Denver choke and give them a FG attempt for the win, to allow Carolina to choke again, lol.

Of course, if they're going to allow pot shots on the MVP, I guess concern for player safety isn't an issue any more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep hyping the Jaguars too. I'm not buying it until I see it.

That said, just missed on the game last night. Can't believe they choked away a 10 pt 4th quarter lead, only to have Denver choke and give them a FG attempt for the win, to allow Carolina to choke again, lol.

Of course, if they're going to allow pot shots on the MVP, I guess concern for player safety isn't an issue any more.

OAK, JAX are really getting the hype, and I'm with you there, it really means nothing until they get the results...but what I think those teams will be is they will no longer stepping stones for the top teams. Going into OAK, TN and JAX won't be automatic wins much longer.

On the game last night...CAR OC is simply not that good imo. The DEF gets the ball back to the OFC with 3 mins and change left and they only needed a FG to win the game and I think they had 2 timeouts left with the 2 min warning. The CAR OFC went into 2 min mode and they abandoned the run altogether...I would like to have seen a screen, a quick draw, etc. to move the ball..

On the hits on Cam...I guess they can't distinguish the runner from the QB so they allow hits on him as if he were a RB...sad....but that's not why they lost.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK, JAX are really getting the hype, and I'm with you there, it really means nothing until they get the results...but what I think those teams will be is they will no longer stepping stones for the top teams. Going into OAK, TN and JAX won't be automatic wins much longer.

On the game last night...CAR OC is simply not that good imo. The DEF gets the ball back to the OFC with 3 mins and change left and they only needed a FG to win the game and I think they had 2 timeouts left with the 2 min warning. The CAR OFC went into 2 min mode and they abandoned the run altogether...I would like to have seen a screen, a quick draw, etc. to move the ball..

On the hits on Cam...I guess they can't distinguish the runner from the QB so they allow hits on him as if he were a RB...sad....but that's not why they lost.

No, they lost because they were getting gashed by the run (and passes to the RBs).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost because Cam's YPA was sub 6 yards and because a kicker missed a 50/50 FG at the end. (Probably more than 50/50 in Denver)

Thats 3rd string QB YPA not MVP YPA. I get thats what Denver does but Cam running instead of passing wore him down and you cant have that happen. Carolina should've gotten a couple more penalties but they had this game and just couldn't finish. Really frustrating because they should've won that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost because Cam's YPA was sub 6 yards and because a kicker missed a 50/50 FG at the end. (Probably more than 50/50 in Denver)

Thats 3rd string QB YPA not MVP YPA. I get thats what Denver does but Cam running instead of passing wore him down and you cant have that happen. Carolina should've gotten a couple more penalties but they had this game and just couldn't finish. Really frustrating because they should've won that.

To me both sides had penalties not called. The hands to the face is the most obvious as Kelvin Benjamin had his hands just as much in Harris' face as Harris did in his. Call could have gone either way and unfortunately for the Broncos went against them and could have cost them the game. Should have been offsetting penalties. There was twice that I for sure saw that Von Miller burst through heading for Cam to then have a guy grab him from behind and just bear hug him allowing for Cam to escape and make a big play. Their OL players were grabbing the facemask of our DT/DE's all night. I've never heard Wolfe call other players dirty but man he was fired up after the game about how the Panthers OL guys were trying to hurt him.

In the end you are right the game could have gone either way. All teams have games like this and some end up on the lucky end and others just keep coming up short. The Broncos though have shown they show up big in the big moments of games especially on the defensive side of the ball. In the end it was a great game by two quality teams in my opinion and I am definitely appreciative that my team came out on top.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of those holds I'm talking about. So can't sit here and say the calls went against the Panthers in this game...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those holds I'm talking about. So can't sit here and say the calls went against the Panthers in this game...

We see those all the time with passrushers. Not so with QB's, we hold a double standard there, call it the MJ effect or whatever, but it's there for most QB's. Not so for Cam.

Tamba%20Hali%20Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20v%20Tampa%20Bay%20CwPeEGsC-ecl.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see those all the time with passrushers. Not so with QB's, we hold a double standard there, call it the MJ effect or whatever, but it's there for most QB's. Not so for Cam.

Tamba%20Hali%20Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20v%20Tampa%20Bay%20CwPeEGsC-ecl.jpg

Right I do agree it happens all the time to pass rushers but I would say with Cam there isn't really another QB in the league like him. I mean he is 250 and runs like a RB and is one of the few QB's in the league that has quite a few designed runs throughout the game called for him. Other teams maybe 2-3 type plays for some QB's but for the most part teams just don't put their QB through that type of beating in a game. I would also add that we saw last night that Cam didn't usually go down with just one guy trying to tackle him. It took multiple guys so I think when officials see that they allow a bit more physicality towards Cam knowing teams have to work so hard to get him down.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have called the penalties in those situations. More I'm just saying that last night the officials allowed the two teams to play very physical throughout. They called it the same for both teams. They allowed the Panthers to grab our pass rushers from behind. They allowed Olson to just run our linebacker back into the Corner to set up the pick play. Things that in other games maybe they call more often. I don't mind them keeping the flag in the pocket as long as they are doing it for both sides.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end you are right the game could have gone either way. All teams have games like this and some end up on the lucky end and others just keep coming up short.
I dont know if thats actually true. When picking teams to rise and fall, you often look at 1 score games as something that might be a variant. The Giants, for example, should do a lot better this year than last year.

I think close game records matter more in the NBA (where they get to move the ball with timeouts) and MLB (where relief pitching and play substitutions are a huge deal)

I think there was actually strategy behind what Denver did. They got lucky to come back but at the same time their strategy worked and that wasn't luck. Newton is the so called MVP and he sucked. When a defense beats an MVP, they deserve some credit even if there were a lot of 50/50 moments.

The thing is: this game doesn't really matter compared to most of the other games happening in week 1. Not really. The Chiefs/Chargers game is much bigger, for example.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if thats actually true. When picking teams to rise and fall, you often look at 1 score games as something that might be a variant. The Giants, for example, should do a lot better this year than last year.

I think close game records matter more in the NBA (where they get to move the ball with timeouts) and MLB (where relief pitching and play substitutions are a huge deal)

I think there was actually strategy behind what Denver did. They got lucky to come back but at the same time their strategy worked and that wasn't luck. Newton is the so called MVP and he sucked. When a defense beats an MVP, they deserve some credit even if there were a lot of 50/50 moments.

The thing is: this game doesn't really matter compared to most of the other games happening in week 1. Not really. The Chiefs/Chargers game is much bigger, for example.

You are right the Chiefs/Chargers game means a bit more because of it being a divisional opponent. At the same time I would say this game meant a lot because of how many people were doubting the Broncos ability to stay relevant this year. Now maybe they fall apart as the season goes on but I think this was a bit of a statement game with the Panthers thinking about this match up for months and yet the Broncos taking their best blow early on and fighting back. Gives the players a lot of confidence in their ability to fight. I would also add that when most looked at the Broncos schedule they viewed this as one of their toughest opponents. So winning one of those that were 50/50 can make a difference such as say the Chiefs lose later on. Common opponents can matter in the end say we finish with the same record head to head, same divisional record, then we start getting into common opponents. Long season still left but promising start for the Broncos.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right the Chiefs/Chargers game means a bit more because of it being a divisional opponent. At the same time I would say this game meant a lot because of how many people were doubting the Broncos ability to stay relevant this year. Now maybe they fall apart as the season goes on but I think this was a bit of a statement game with the Panthers thinking about this match up for months and yet the Broncos taking their best blow early on and fighting back. Gives the players a lot of confidence in their ability to fight. I would also add that when most looked at the Broncos schedule they viewed this as one of their toughest opponents. So winning one of those that were 50/50 can make a difference such as say the Chiefs lose later on. Common opponents can matter in the end say we finish with the same record head to head, same divisional record, then we start getting into common opponents. Long season still left but promising start for the Broncos.
Week 1 victories are certainly nice.

Last year the Chiefs dominated the Texans in the first half and did nothing in the 2nd half and squeaked out a victory. It didn't really tell you much about the Chiefs at the time but it counted as a win. I think if the Broncos defense from the 2nd half is going to be around all year then they are a Super Bowl contender regardless of QB. My biggest takeaway is that there is a blueprint to stop Carolina's above average/really good offense. How many teams have the talent to implement it? Maybe a half dozen? Maybe a dozen?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 victories are certainly nice.

Last year the Chiefs dominated the Texans in the first half and did nothing in the 2nd half and squeaked out a victory. It didn't really tell you much about the Chiefs at the time but it counted as a win. I think if the Broncos defense from the 2nd half is going to be around all year then they are a Super Bowl contender regardless of QB. My biggest takeaway is that there is a blueprint to stop Carolina's above average/really good offense. How many teams have the talent to implement it? Maybe a half dozen? Maybe a dozen?

They are definitely a frustrating offense to try and stop. Cam honestly to me is just all over the place. I don't think he is a great thrower of the football. His accuracy is just all over the board so if you can force him into throwing the football he is definitely beatable. Stopping that run game that can go so many different ways out of so many different formations though pretty much means you have to stay very disciplined in your front-7 and you have to tackle well one-on-one. The Broncos in the 1st half one of the biggest issues is we were terrible at tackling. Had plenty of plays stopped to then see the guy escape and go pick up the 1st down. You tackle well and they are definitely beatable.

And as great as their front-7 is that secondary is a lot worse in my opinion without Norman locking down one side of the field. Going to be interesting when they face some of the better QB's how that goes. I honestly think that letting Norman walk could be the difference in them once again competing for the Super Bowl and maybe going home wild card weekend.