• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly trades Zach Ertz

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How thick headed are you? Players would much prefer to be able to sit and get a week of rest in week 18 before heading into the playoffs.
Honestly, I doubt that statement is accurate. Sitting guys is more often a coaching and management decision. I would bet most players, providing they aren't nursing a nagging injury of course, would prefer to play and keep their edge. I can't find anything where they have been polled to confirm this but I have seen former star players on the networks say they hated sitting and much preferred the continuity. I think a lot of guys are also looking at certain contract bonuses and/or breaking personal or other records. It also should be considered that recent history shows that teams often lose when they sit guys. It's a very small sample size so not conclusive but it is worth noting.
The Recent History of Resting Starters in Week 17 Provides a Warning for the Chiefs

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I doubt that statement is accurate. Sitting guys is more often a coaching and management decision. I would bet most players, providing they aren't nursing a nagging injury of course, would prefer to play and keep their edge. I can't find anything where they have been polled to confirm this but I have seen former star players on the networks say they hated sitting and much preferred the continuity. I think a lot of guys are also looking at certain contract bonuses and/or breaking personal or other records. It also should be considered that recent history shows that teams often lose when they sit guys. It's a very small sample size so not conclusive but it is worth noting.
The Recent History of Resting Starters in Week 17 Provides a Warning for the Chiefs

Everyone will have nagging injuries after 17 games. It is so beyond stupid to try and play guys and risk injury when the significance of obtaining a first round bye is not at play.

The assertion this moron has made that a #3 seed would lose the locker room heading into the playoffs because they were given rest before heading into their wildcard matchup is so behind idiotic.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone will have nagging injuries after 17 games. It is so beyond stupid to try and play guys and risk injury when the significance of obtaining a first round bye is not at play.

The assertion this moron has made that a #3 seed would lose the locker room heading into the playoffs because they were given rest before heading into their wildcard matchup is so behind idiotic.
My comment was more toward you saying the players want to sit. I'm not getting into all that other stuff about seeding. From interviews of players that I have seen, most say they like to keep playing. And by injuries, I mean actual injuries, not just the normal aches and pains. Try not to be so absolute about things RTK. Our opinions differ but saying players, and I'm quoting you here,"would much rather prefer rest" is an assertion with no factual basis. Just like everyone here, each player will have his own preference or opinion and you or I don't know what's in each of their minds.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was more toward you saying the players want to sit. I'm not getting into all that other stuff about seeding. From interviews of players that I have seen, most say they like to keep playing. And by injuries, I mean actual injuries, not just the normal aches and pains. Try not to be so absolute about things RTK. Our opinions differ but saying players, and I'm quoting you here,"would much rather prefer rest" is an assertion with no factual basis. Just like everyone here, each player will have his own preference or opinion and you or I don't know what's in each of their minds.

No #3 seed is revolting in the locker room because they are being rested in a mostly meaningless week 18 game ahead of the playoffs when they have their division wrapped up and are out of the running for the only seed that offers a bye week.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No #3 seed is revolting in the locker room because they are being rested in a mostly meaningless week 18 game ahead of the playoffs when they have their division wrapped up and are out of the running for the only seed that offers a bye week.
Again, my comment has nothing to do with seeding. You are either being obtuse now or you are just too stupid to comprehend what I wrote. Just stop. It's like trying to have a calm conversation with an adhd 4 year old. I'm done.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my comment has nothing to do with seeding. You are either being obtuse now or you are just too stupid to comprehend what I wrote. Just stop. It's like trying to have a calm conversation with an adhd 4 year old. I'm done.

Next time you try to interject yourself in an argument then try and see what started it. You not replying anymore is no loss to anyone.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 seed doesn't get home field advantage. You're so fucking stupid is amazing.
How the fuck do you forget what we're talking about? You really are the dumbest poster on this site.
No shit the 2 seed doesn't have HFA unless the 1 seed gets bounced. Try keeping up dip shit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't move goal posts. This isn't even close to what's being discussed.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't move goal posts. This isn't even close to what's being discussed.

Riiiiiight

So you would have no problem losing the locker room by benching your starters, lose week 18 and go on the road against the team that won on week 18 if everything goes chalk to start the playoffs? Sure there's a chance you could win but explain that to your players if you lose cause you had to travel cross country when simply could have stayed home where the chances of winning is greater.

I will say if you have Tom Brady and only Tom Brady than I can see playing backups week 18.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you do remember but you never answered a question.

Now the comment you made if a team can not move up to the 2 seed, than yes I agree on resting players.

The #2 seed no longer has the worth it used to have. The bye week was reason to push for a top 2 seed. It is not worth playing starters and risking injury when you can just rest them for the game that matters the following week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #2 seed no longer has the worth it used to have. The bye week was reason to push for a top 2 seed. It is not worth playing starters and risking injury when you can just rest them for the game that matters the following week.
It doesn't have the worth but it's still has some importance in trying to get for reasons I've explained.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the 7th seed, which you are shooting for is worth more.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. You're an idiot.
You're the one with the IQ equal to a pile of dog shit so it doesn't surprise me you don't understand a thing any poster tells you. Keep on with those useless youtube videos.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one with the IQ equal to a pile of dog shit so it doesn't surprise me you don't understand a thing any poster tells you. Keep on with those useless youtube videos.

Imagine a team playing for the now useless #2 seed, losing their QB or something late in the game and the losing the following week to a 7 seed. Then that 3rd seed team gets the homefield advantage.

Imagine thinking a coach would lose his locker room for letting his players rest after the longest season in NFL history instead of pushing for a far less important #2 seed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a team playing for the now useless #2 seed, losing their QB or something late in the game and the losing the following week to a 7 seed. Then that 3rd seed team gets the homefield advantage.

Imagine thinking a coach would lose his locker room for letting his players rest after the longest season in NFL history instead of pushing for a far less important #2 seed.
Players want to play for the higher seed for less travel in the playoffs. You couldn't find one NFL player say lets rest and go on the road for the playoffs.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players want to play for the higher seed for less travel in the playoffs. You couldn't find one NFL player say lets rest and go on the road for the playoffs.

They are resting to stay at home for a playoff game in a week. Escaping the physical toll of another game after already having played 16 games to help put their bodies in the best position possible to play at a high level so they can make a deep playoff run.