• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly trades Zach Ertz

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but having A home game is more important than resting players. For some reason, you refuse to admit that. :L

If you have your division locked up you get a home game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year in week 17 the #2 seed and #3 seed was up for grabs for both the Steelers and Bills.

Both teams rested key starters. Why? Because the #2 seed isn't as valuable anymore. Neither lockerroom revolted as a result.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have your division locked up you get a home game.
I understand, but after that game, future home games could be on the line.
This debate has run its course. The fact that this started Based on your belief in an Eagles playoff push is simply laughable.

They have to win the bulk of their games and hope Dallas rests their starters So they can maybe win that game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, but after that game, future home games could be on the line.
This debate has run its course. The fact that this started Based on your belief in an Eagles playoff push is simply laughable.

They have to win the bulk of their games and hope Dallas rests their starters So they can maybe win that game.

I posted evidence that this already occurred last year. Keep being an idiot though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted evidence that this already occurred last year. Keep being an idiot though.
Not that I am going to waste my time doing this, but if I was to post evidence of the contrary, would that nullify your point.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just leave it as a difference of opinion.

Not really. We saw this exact scenario play out last year in week 17. Both the Steelers and Bills had the #2 seed to play for and both chose instead to rest their key starters.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am going to waste my time doing this, but if I was to post evidence of the contrary, would that nullify your point.

What evidence do you have? We have one year to go by where the #2 seed doesn't get a bye, we saw this scenario play out and the Steelers and Bills both opted to rest key starters instead of going all out for that now far less valuable #2 seed.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the #2 and #3 seed for Pacific Time and Mountain Time teams is huge. The #3 seed would likely have to beat the #2 and #1 seeds on the road in back-to-back weeks. In the Super Bowl era no Pacific Time or Mountain Time team has reached a Super Bowl when they've had to move East through 2 or more time zones in back-to-back playoff weeks.

Historically only 2 such teams have won back-to-back games playing on the East Coast in the first 2 playoff rounds but both teams lost in the Championship game.

Moving West is a lot easier.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence do you have? We have one year to go by where the #2 seed doesn't get a bye, we saw this scenario play out and the Steelers and Bills both opted to rest key starters instead of going all out for that now far less valuable #2 seed.
Anybody can create a narrative to support their argument. That is all you are doing, which is my point. If playoff seeding is at risk, there are a lot of teams that would go all out for that better seed. As a matter of fact, we have seen countless teams in the past play their starters even when they have their position locked up. The problem is, that messes up your entire argument, hence your unwillingness to see the other side.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. We saw this exact scenario play out last year in week 17. Both the Steelers and Bills had the #2 seed to play for and both chose instead to rest their key starters.
Welp, Pitt screwed up by not trying for the 2 seed and having a better match up.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the #2 and #3 seed for Pacific Time and Mountain Time teams is huge. The #3 seed would likely have to beat the #2 and #1 seeds on the road in back-to-back weeks. In the Super Bowl era no Pacific Time or Mountain Time team has reached a Super Bowl when they've had to move East through 2 or more time zones in back-to-back playoff weeks.

Historically only 2 such teams have won back-to-back games playing on the East Coast in the first 2 playoff rounds but both teams lost in the Championship game.

The Cowboys are not in the pacific or mountain time zone so this does not apply.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop speaking logic

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody can create a narrative to support their argument. That is all you are doing, which is my point. If playoff seeding is at risk, there are a lot of teams that would go all out for that better seed. As a matter of fact, we have seen countless teams in the past play their starters even when they have their position locked up. The problem is, that messes up your entire argument, hence your unwillingness to see the other side.

Creating a narrative of showing evidence for the one instance we have had of this so far?

Also you're referring to teams who had seeds with bye weeks locked up that played their starters. This an entirely different scenario where a team is wanting to avoid a prolonged rest of their team not playing for consecutive weeks.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating a narrative of showing evidence for the one instance we have had of this so far?

Also you're referring to teams who had seeds with bye weeks locked up that played their starters. This an entirely different scenario where a team is wanting to avoid a prolonged rest of their team not playing for consecutive weeks.
Who said anything about a bye week? We’ve seen it at all levels regardless of a bye week. Some teams play the starters the entire game, some teams will play their starters for a half, and some teams will rest their starters. You have no idea what Dallas will do if they have the division locked up.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are not in the pacific or mountain time zone so this does not apply.
My post is about the comparative value of the #2 and #3 seeds. The difference to an East Coast team is small. The differance to a West Coast team is huge. I am responding to comments made 2 or 3 pages ago with contextual information. I didn't see a need to quote specific posts.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about a bye week? We’ve seen it at all levels regardless of a bye week. Some teams play the starters the entire game, some teams will play their starters for a half, and some teams will rest their starters. You have no idea what Dallas will do if they have the division locked up.

Okay then please provide the examples of teams who had their divisions locked up heading into the final week, did not have the ability to move up into a seed with a bye week depending on the week 17 results and chose to play their starters the whole game.

You claim that we have seen countless examples of this so this should not be very difficult for you to provide a number of examples.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then please provide the examples of teams who had their divisions locked up heading into the final week, did not have the ability to move up into a seed with a bye week depending on the week 17 results and chose to play their starters the whole game.

You claim that we have seen countless examples of this so this should not be very difficult for you to provide a number of examples.
If your saying it has not happened multiple times, you are delusional. Again, you have no idea what the Cowboys will do. And I’m not spending any time researching anything to counter your miracle scenario that will never happen.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your saying it has not happened multiple times, you are delusional. Again, you have no idea what the Cowboys will do. And I’m not spending any time researching anything to counter your miracle scenario that will never happen.

It has happened countless times according to you so surely you must be able to provide at least a couple examples?