• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly looks Scary fellas

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need these guys to lose on Thursday night.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I disagree with the OLineman tiring out. If you watch how they have them play they ask them to stay close as a unit and not do too much blocking down the field. THe announcers were pointing that out week one. THey also trained all off season with endurance in mind while they usually dont. Lastly, we have very athletic OLine. Our LT, LG, C and rookie RT are all know for their athletic ability. Heremmin is a good RG but not the athletic type. Thats why they went after Johnson with the 4th pick. Jason Peters was drafted as a TE. I think our line will hold up. Even though we lost our offense had another HUGE game statistically putting up over 500 yards. Vick has looked great too. But he was always the streaky type. Desean Jackson JUST missed another 80 yard bomb by inches and had a forty yard TD taken away because Johnson didnt line up closer to the line. Like I said, our D is horrifically bad but after two games this really seems like an offense that will thrive. Im not really sure what adjustments a D can make. No one slowed it down in college and he ran the system for years. I guess we have to sit back and see.

Also, Johnny Manziel would be the PERFECT QB to run this system. I dont know how good he'd be in a traditional offense but I think he could thrive in Philly with his skill set. Even if the Eagles somehow miraculously got Manziel we are still 2 drafts away... and thats if they take D will every pick. Very little talent on this D.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snook, I wouldnt worry about the Eagles winning or losing THursday. We play Denver after that and they will destroy us. Dallas is a much better balanced team then Philly. Absolutely no way we stop Dez/Miles/Witten. The D is bad. Really bad.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly PE1 I think the more DCs get a chance to adjust to it the better defenses will get against it. I still think it works as proven when any of these teams go to hurry up offenses. The thing you bring up about your O-line. I agree if you control the trenches you have a good chance to win games. However if you indeed have one of the best O-lines in football, I don't think tiring them out for the 2nd half is the way to go. Dominate O-lines can dominate 60 minutes if they stay fresh. Honestly I hope Vick stays healthy, because I still don't think he is a good passer. So think the defenses will figure out not so much to stop your offense but to at least tame it. With all that said. I still think if you are an eagles fan it is something to be excited about. The skins just had the misfortune to go against this new offense in week one where no one knew what it would look like. (glad it wasn't us) Although when you were arguing with some skins fans over the game. I had to laugh at one of them saying they lost because RGIII was rusty. My 1st thought was the skins gave up a quick 33 points because RGIII was rusty? One of the highlights I thought I saw McCoy run through every skin defender, then realized he missed one & made a U-turn ran back to run around that defender to the endzone. :D
Sure RGIII was rusty, but the defense wasn't prepared for your offense is why they lost.
Side note to everyone saying if vick goes down blah blah blah. I already stated I think for your opponents it is a good thing Vick doesn't go down, but what a lot of people don't realize is you can have the high pace Offense without a running QB. Denver does it when ever they want & lets face it. manning isn't gonna win any foot races. As far as I am concerned Vick keeps your team one dimensional. I hope you don't ever get an accurate QB behind center.

I agree and disagree. While Vick isnt accurate and doesnt always find the hot receiver on blitzes he throws a gorgeous pass and might be the best deep ball thrower in the league. He threw for 425 on Sunday and had 3 TDs. He was sharp all pre season too. He had a MVP type year in 2010... I hope he revives his career in the type of offense. Maybe, maybe not.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I agree and disagree. While Vick isnt accurate and doesnt always find the hot receiver on blitzes he throws a gorgeous pass and might be the best deep ball thrower in the league. He threw for 425 on Sunday and had 3 TDs. He was sharp all pre season too. He had a MVP type year in 2010... I hope he revives his career in the type of offense. Maybe, maybe not.
guess we will just have to disagree on this. Saw some highlights this weekend of Vick missing his targets. Including deep. D-Jax was wide open deep & Vick way over threw him. Not like D-Jax is slow or anything. I understand you being enthusiastic, but Vick is Vick. Never was he an accurate Passer.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was accurate and 2010 and you cant criticize a QB for a 425 yard game with 3 TDs. You can criticize his career of being inaccurate but he seems different in this style of Offense. He just barely missed Desean on another 80 yard bomb that would have put him at 4 TD and over 500 yards. Yes he is an inaccurate QB and I understand not wanting him as a starter on your team but I think he can have a very nice season in this type of offense. But all of this is pretty moot cause the D is PUTRID!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I disagree with the OLineman tiring out. If you watch how they have them play they ask them to stay close as a unit and not do too much blocking down the field. THe announcers were pointing that out week one. THey also trained all off season with endurance in mind while they usually dont. Lastly, we have very athletic OLine. Our LT, LG, C and rookie RT are all know for their athletic ability. Heremmin is a good RG but not the athletic type. Thats why they went after Johnson with the 4th pick. Jason Peters was drafted as a TE. I think our line will hold up. Even though we lost our offense had another HUGE game statistically putting up over 500 yards. Vick has looked great too. But he was always the streaky type. Desean Jackson JUST missed another 80 yard bomb by inches and had a forty yard TD taken away because Johnson didnt line up closer to the line. Like I said, our D is horrifically bad but after two games this really seems like an offense that will thrive. Im not really sure what adjustments a D can make. No one slowed it down in college and he ran the system for years. I guess we have to sit back and see.

Also, Johnny Manziel would be the PERFECT QB to run this system. I dont know how good he'd be in a traditional offense but I think he could thrive in Philly with his skill set. Even if the Eagles somehow miraculously got Manziel we are still 2 drafts away... and thats if they take D will every pick. Very little talent on this D.

Big men like OLmen will tire out running that many plays. It works in college because they have enough quality OLmen to rotate them through.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was accurate and 2010 and you cant criticize a QB for a 425 yard game with 3 TDs. You can criticize his career of being inaccurate but he seems different in this style of Offense. He just barely missed Desean on another 80 yard bomb that would have put him at 4 TD and over 500 yards. Yes he is an inaccurate QB and I understand not wanting him as a starter on your team but I think he can have a very nice season in this type of offense. But all of this is pretty moot cause the D is PUTRID!
I do think your offense will get DCs attention. No doubt. But Like I said. I personally like Vick being your QB vs. a better passer. As good as your offense looks now, just imagine if you had a quality passer running it. It could be even better. Now that to me would be scary.
This is a copy cat league. Wonder if the skins are thinking of going to an eagles style of offense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still brother, that doesnt mean it wont work in Philly. Our potentially dominating OLine is something that can counter other teams Defenses learning to play against Philly.

How has Johnson looked so far? I do agree that your OL could be dominant. Not sure that is any more pertinent to your offense than any other, but I can't think of too many teams with a better OL if things break right for you.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Philly's defense looks solid tonight. How in the heck did we lose to K.C.? Their offense is anemic.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Philly's defense looks solid tonight. How in the heck did we lose to K.C.? Their offense is anemic.
well the super scary Eagles offense that everyone has been talking about only has 6 points. our defense gave up more points than the Chiefs Defense, is how we lost.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness K.C. may have the best defense in the league this yr. Top 5 for sure. Wish our db's could cover like this.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness K.C. may have the best defense in the league this yr. Top 5 for sure. Wish our db's could cover like this.
there defense is bad ass

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Maybe the Skin defense just suck.:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win I agree with you Mc coy Explodes with a 47 yrd run wow. Man I wish Murray would give us half this guys production.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles better not win this game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win I agree with you Mc coy Explodes with a 47 yrd run wow. Man I wish Murray would give us half this guys production.

I seemed like the moment I questioned Philly is when McCoy made that run.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCcoy is so scary. I just dont see how Vick can stay healthy with as many hits as he is taking

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him 7 games.....that OL looks worse than our line last season.