• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly looks Scary fellas

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANK YOU

By the way who did Skinsdad ban over there? Was it UK.

Don't think he banned anyone, just made a comment about UK basically agreeing with a skins fan.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. Was just informed by warpath that I need to get back to "my board" because the inmates were running the asylum.

So any of you skins fans lurking here, post and I will ban you. This is your warning.

Currently there are two Skins fans lurking. Bovey aka warpath and Forty Sixand2

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still laughing when thinking about the arrogant skid fans. The httr song is retarded

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I think you may have confused me with someone else? :noidea: I haven't posted on the Cowboys board since the end of July...

You can be an ass too, but you do it primarily on your board so I don't have any issues with that. If a fan want's to rip us to no end in his house that's his prerogative.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I think you may have confused me with someone else? :noidea: I haven't posted on the Cowboys board since the end of July...

My apologies too you. :suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is the skins DB's looked average at best so G.B. looks to be a major task for the Skins this weak.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: But like Dallas deserves credit for making Eli look bad, You gotta give philly props early. That may be subject to change ,but at this time they look dominate
Let defensive coordinators look at the film. Teams will make adjustments and come up with game plans to counter act. McCoy is the only and real bad boy on that team. However, can he and Vick last? I really don't think Vick will last very long this season. The question I have watching this game was, are the Eagles really that good or is the foreskin defense really that lousy?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let defensive coordinators look at the film. Teams will make adjustments and come up with game plans to counter act. McCoy is the only and real bad boy on that team. However, can he and Vick last? I really don't think Vick will last very long this season. The question I have watching this game was, are the Eagles really that good or is the foreskin defense really that lousy?
another thing to throw in. No one in the NFL really knew how that offense was gonna play in week 1. Now teams have at least a little tape on the offense, & can try & deal with it. Glad we didn't have to play them so early. But think the newness of that offense will fade some as the season goes on.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's very possible Chip Kelly started wondering the same thing. Could be why they backed out of the hurry-up and why Washington got back in the game.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in the world that they can run that offense like they did Monday nite for the season that would give Vick 144 rushing plays for the season. He will not hold up that is 20 more than Cam Newton had in 2012 and he led the league in attempts and Cam outweighs Vick by 40 pounds minimum.

Kelly's offense reminds me of the Run and Shoot very effective at first then when enough film is out it gets shutdown cold. I am not a NFL guru by any means but simple physics says that the things you can do at 20-23 years old over 12 college games with a month of rest before your bowl game are not the same things you can do at 28-30+ years old over just the regular 16 game NFL season against way superior talent. The running QB always gets exposed eventually in the NFL due to the amount of hits they take.

JMHO :whistle:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in the world that they can run that offense like they did Monday nite for the season that would give Vick 144 rushing plays for the season. He will not hold up that is 20 more than Cam Newton had in 2012 and he led the league in attempts and Cam outweighs Vick by 40 pounds minimum.

Kelly's offense reminds me of the Run and Shoot very effective at first then when enough film is out it gets shutdown cold. I am not a NFL guru by any means but simple physics says that the things you can do at 20-23 years old over 12 college games with a month of rest before your bowl game are not the same things you can do at 28-30+ years old over just the regular 16 game NFL season against way superior talent. The running QB always gets exposed eventually in the NFL due to the amount of hits they take.

JMHO :whistle:

Agreed. That's the reason I'm glad Washington got to see it 1st.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan I definitely dont think they can continue to play that well. THey had 350 yards at half time. But Im not so sure that the offense cant flourish. THe Patriots have been doing it for over 2 years. The one thing that I think make Philly able to be successful in this style is they have the potential to be the best OLine in the NFL. They arent getting enough credit for that. Many people think that Jason Peters is the best LT in football and that Evan Mathis is the best LG in football. We have a good young Center that missed last year, Herramins who has been a good player for years back at his natural position at RG and the 4th pick in the draft at RT. He might struggle because he was more of a project then a plug and play guy. As many weaknesses as this team has at LB, CB, S and players playing out of position any level headed NFL fan knows they will lose several games because of it. But I think the offense can be good if the OLine develops and they give the Rock to McCoy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Eagles fan I definitely dont think they can continue to play that well. THey had 350 yards at half time. But Im not so sure that the offense cant flourish. THe Patriots have been doing it for over 2 years. The one thing that I think make Philly able to be successful in this style is they have the potential to be the best OLine in the NFL. They arent getting enough credit for that. Many people think that Jason Peters is the best LT in football and that Evan Mathis is the best LG in football. We have a good young Center that missed last year, Herramins who has been a good player for years back at his natural position at RG and the 4th pick in the draft at RT. He might struggle because he was more of a project then a plug and play guy. As many weaknesses as this team has at LB, CB, S and players playing out of position any level headed NFL fan knows they will lose several games because of it. But I think the offense can be good if the OLine develops and they give the Rock to McCoy.

The Patriots have been doing it in spurts, not A whole half. Plus Brady is a little bigger than Vick.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have been doing it in spurts, not A whole half. Plus Brady is a little bigger than Vick.

But still brother, that doesnt mean it wont work in Philly. Our potentially dominating OLine is something that can counter other teams Defenses learning to play against Philly. In no way am I saying this is a stone cold lock, but it might work consistently behind an OLine that might be able to out play other teams defensive strategies. The advantage the Pats have is Brady knows how to get rid of the ball and read defenses a lot better then Vick will ever be able to do. Even when Vick was playing amazing last Sunday the announcers were saying, "Vick needs to know who the hot read is and get rid of the ball before he get hit". Vick is a special player that can do amazing things, unfortunately he doesnt know how to do the things that keep him from getting injured.

It is a blast to watch though... thats for sure. I loved the formation with 3 OLineman G-C-G with LT Peters and RT Johnson lining up on the left side at TE with the four WR's split wide in I formations and they run the ball for 17 yards with Bryce Brown. There are so many variations it will take the league of while to figure out the myriad of looks.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still brother, that doesnt mean it wont work in Philly. Our potentially dominating OLine is something that can counter other teams Defenses learning to play against Philly. In no way am I saying this is a stone cold lock, but it might work consistently behind an OLine that might be able to out play other teams defensive strategies. The advantage the Pats have is Brady knows how to get rid of the ball and read defenses a lot better then Vick will ever be able to do. Even when Vick was playing amazing last Sunday the announcers were saying, "Vick needs to know who the hot read is and get rid of the ball before he get hit". Vick is a special player that can do amazing things, unfortunately he doesnt know how to do the things that keep him from getting injured.

It is a blast to watch though... thats for sure. I loved the formation with 3 OLineman G-C-G with LT Peters and RT Johnson lining up on the left side at TE with the four WR's split wide in I formations and they run the ball for 17 yards with Bryce Brown. There are so many variations it will take the league of while to figure out the myriad of looks.

Trying to run that offense a few series here and there may work. I have major doubts running it full time in the NFL will work as it does in college. There's just too many fast LB's and DLmen to use it as your primary offense. Yes it will tire out the defense, but it will also tire out your OL who will be subject to it weekly. On top of the conditioning it will take to run it for 16 games, the injury risk is raised. Now when was Vick's last 16 game season?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

honestly PE1 I think the more DCs get a chance to adjust to it the better defenses will get against it. I still think it works as proven when any of these teams go to hurry up offenses. The thing you bring up about your O-line. I agree if you control the trenches you have a good chance to win games. However if you indeed have one of the best O-lines in football, I don't think tiring them out for the 2nd half is the way to go. Dominate O-lines can dominate 60 minutes if they stay fresh. Honestly I hope Vick stays healthy, because I still don't think he is a good passer. So think the defenses will figure out not so much to stop your offense but to at least tame it. With all that said. I still think if you are an eagles fan it is something to be excited about. The skins just had the misfortune to go against this new offense in week one where no one knew what it would look like. (glad it wasn't us) Although when you were arguing with some skins fans over the game. I had to laugh at one of them saying they lost because RGIII was rusty. My 1st thought was the skins gave up a quick 33 points because RGIII was rusty? One of the highlights I thought I saw McCoy run through every skin defender, then realized he missed one & made a U-turn ran back to run around that defender to the endzone. :D
Sure RGIII was rusty, but the defense wasn't prepared for your offense is why they lost.
Side note to everyone saying if vick goes down blah blah blah. I already stated I think for your opponents it is a good thing Vick doesn't go down, but what a lot of people don't realize is you can have the high pace Offense without a running QB. Denver does it when ever they want & lets face it. manning isn't gonna win any foot races. As far as I am concerned Vick keeps your team one dimensional. I hope you don't ever get an accurate QB behind center.