• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philadelphia Phillies 2022 Baseball Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fish score yet another run but the Phillies take Game 3 with a 10-3 win. We can only hope for a split of this series at this point.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching highlights of this win against the Fish and it occurred to me that perhaps one of the items the Phillies may have figured-out is that the Fish Pitchers have been throwing a lot of sinker and curve ball pitches keeping the power hitters from putting the ball into play.

The Phillies hitters adjusted to this strategy by using a lot of golf swings especially on the multiple sinkers the Marlins pitchers were throwing. Short chopping golf swings resulted in contact with the ball and many times a base hit.

It worked time after time in this game with blooper shots into the outfield and RBI hits that were a thing of beauty. Voila, we shall see if they continue this in tomorrow's game and we get the same results.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing Girardi has changed is the line-up. Schwarber has been moved to fifth from lead-off now that m he is batting .197 and Harper has been moved to Third. Our new lead-off is Realmuto. It has paid dividends.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Dildoes are back. We are down 7-1 in the fifth and all those changes by Girardi turned out to fools gold paying nothing as usual. Go Dildoes! LOL! Dumbasses are going to lose this game and now we have fallen behind the Bitches as well in the NL East.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a week in South Florida which the Philles entered the series with the Fish 2nd in the NL East, we leave headed to Colorado, 4th in the NL as the Fish, Bitches, and Mutts are all ahead of us. So much for a powerful offense. Four and six in the last ten ain't championship caliber baseball and this is typical of the Dildoes once again this year. Headed to the cellar.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a week in South Florida which the Philles entered the series with the Fish 2nd in the NL East, we leave headed to Colorado, 4th in the NL as the Fish, Bitches, and Mutts are all ahead of us. So much for a powerful offense. Four and six in the last ten ain't championship caliber baseball and this is typical of the Dildoes once again this year. Headed to the cellar.
It’s just far too early to talk about standings and teams. Some teams get hot right away then slide to levels where they belong. Other teams, like some in the recent past, get off to dreadful starts then come into their own as expected based on their talent.

A few years ago, I believe it was Boston started something like 2-10 and had a great year. The 2019 Nationals became the first team to lose 31 of their first 50 games and go on to win the World Series. To make that happen, the Nats won 74 of their final 112 games (a 107-win pace over a full season).

So, I’m sticking with my belief that 90 wins are in store for the Phillies this year, despite frequent appearances by the Dildoes. Phillies are stocked with talent and the lineup will come to life in time, despite dreadful pitching.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can jvett but what you fail to incorporate in your belief you are sticking to is the Dildoes have not addressed their major weakness which of course is pitching. If you have a decent offense and you're pitching sucks, you ain't going very far in the post season even if you duplicate many of the examples you provided.

Both the Bitches and the Mutts and now the Fish have addressed that weakness and it usually wins out over a team that has added big bats but still has a week pitching staff as we have just witnessed in several series with the Dildoes.

I am always amazed at people in sports who like to believe the paper-version of a team instead of identifying trends that actually on-the-field are weaknesses.

LeBron James thinks the same way and he once again discovered that he can't fix a major weakness and suddenly become a contender for a championship by flipping a switch on a team that this past season couldn't and didn't play a lick of defense. The results are predictable.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can jvett but what you fail to incorporate in your belief you are sticking to is the Dildoes have not addressed their major weakness which of course is pitching. If you have a decent offense and you're pitching sucks, you ain't going very far in the post season even if you duplicate many of the examples you provided.

Both the Bitches and the Mutts and now the Fish have addressed that weakness and it usually wins out over a team that has added big bats but still has a week pitching staff as we have just witnessed in several series with the Dildoes.

I am always amazed at people in sports who like to believe the paper-version of a team instead of identifying trends that actually on-the-field are weaknesses.

LeBron James thinks the same way and he once again discovered that he can't fix a major weakness and suddenly become a contender for a championship by flipping a switch on a team that this past season couldn't and didn't play a lick of defense. The results are predictable.

Obviously, the pitching sucks so far. Still too easy and early to give up on Nola, Wheeler, Eflin, and Gibson. Girardi knows how to attract good players who want to win. So as the season matures, opportunities will come up and by the trade deadline he may be able to tune the pitching staff with a good find. Beer and wings will get me through it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so jvett. Girardi has the power bats now and now he has to re-tool the pitching and then maybe your belief will be finally realized.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need some runs tonight

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the offense pacing themselves. It's a long season

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the freefall continues. So now it is altitude sickness? lol.

They blew three of four in high humidity MIA. Then the very next day, there they are playing COL at 5,000 feet where there’s less oxygen in every breath they take. I think I’m on to something.

- [email protected]

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. I lived in Denver for 15 years. Oxygen levels at 5000 feet are sufficient to play a baseball game if you are coming from near sea level. You might have some dehydration headaches when they get off the plane but those are easily solved with enough rest and water. What dudes do next when they come into town is they drink on the plane or go to the bars and drink alcohol which is a known diuretic and then they wake-up with a splitting headache due to dehydration and then blame it on low oxygen. LOL!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. I lived in Denver for 15 years. Oxygen levels at 5000 feet are sufficient to play a baseball game if you are coming from near sea level. You might have some dehydration headaches when they get off the plane but those are easily solved with enough rest and water. What dudes do next when they come into town is they drink on the plane or go to the bars and drink alcohol which is a known diuretic and then they wake-up with a splitting headache due to dehydration and then blame it on low oxygen. LOL!!

You realize that I’m being just I tad facetious? Anyway, tonight will be a good night as the Phil’s knock 3 out of the park into the night!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea jvett. I get it, so I am playing along just like last year. LOL! Just lettin' ya know I use to watch the Rockies when I lived in Denver and the Pro Sports teams in town always had players doing what I described. You could always tell who was doing way too much booze the night before a game because they were the ones cryin about altitude. It could be the opponent or even the players who lived in Denver nearly all year. Got to be laughable.