• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins 11/13/13 | 8:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers lead 2-1 after two periods - let's have a strong third period!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Baby back-to-back wins and we go to 7-10. I love the total team effort. Great saves all night long by Emery and great team D with Timonen leading the way especially down the stretch. Onward we go!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win tonight starting to grind it out which is nice to see.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers win 2-1! Great win tonight, they controlled the game and played strong defensively! Razor was fantastic!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Flyer fans, Emery was 1st star for sure.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a giant win for the team and especially for Ray Emery. It's now crystal clear that we have both goalies going strong, although I do think Mason is still the clear cut starter. I don't think we'll hesitate moving forward to have Emery start one out of every four to five games or so regardless of whether we have a back to back situation.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Flyer fans, Emery was 1st star for sure.

Emery terrifies me. The announcer is going on and on about his rebound control and I'm watching Emery thinking, "Oh god, he barely hung on to that puck."

I'd give Tanner Glass Star 3.5 just for that series of shots he blocked. 3 shots blocked, all huge slappers, in about 15 seconds.

I want Dan Bylsma's pen. When he called the timeout, he was pointing out things with a large, fancy looking pen - thing looked like it might have weighed a pound. I bet that pen costs more than I make in a week.

The Philly strategy of infecting the other team with the lack-of-scoring disease we've been suffering from isn't what I would choose for a strategy, but it worked. That said, Crosby had one goal where he easily could have had four; he (and the Pens in general) missed some top notch chances. Good on the Flyers for taking advantage, but we need less this game and more the Ottawa game going forward.

Kadri is a freaking moron; I know he wasn't a part of this game but it's still true.

Emery terrifies me. The announcer is going on and on about his rebound control and I'm watching Emery thinking, "Oh god, what if he tries to fight me."

Pens played a real good game but just didn't get it tonight. I don't think we controlled the game - we definitely owned part of it, but part of it not so much.

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hard on coburn this season (and others), but I thought he played a really solid game last night, the entire D has played well this last little stretch, hope they keep it up. Simmonds was a beast last night, him and schenn are really good together. I f'n hate pittsburgh (sorry doob), I'm especially glad they pulled that game out, emery kept them in it early, and was solid (if not spectacular) throughout the game.

cheers

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hard on coburn this season (and others), but I thought he played a really solid game last night, the entire D has played well this last little stretch, hope they keep it up. Simmonds was a beast last night, him and schenn are really good together. I f'n hate pittsburgh (sorry doob), I'm especially glad they pulled that game out, emery kept them in it early, and was solid (if not spectacular) throughout the game.

cheers

:agree::agree::agree:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery terrifies me. The announcer is going on and on about his rebound control and I'm watching Emery thinking, "Oh god, he barely hung on to that puck."

I'd give Tanner Glass Star 3.5 just for that series of shots he blocked. 3 shots blocked, all huge slappers, in about 15 seconds.

I want Dan Bylsma's pen. When he called the timeout, he was pointing out things with a large, fancy looking pen - thing looked like it might have weighed a pound. I bet that pen costs more than I make in a week.

The Philly strategy of infecting the other team with the lack-of-scoring disease we've been suffering from isn't what I would choose for a strategy, but it worked. That said, Crosby had one goal where he easily could have had four; he (and the Pens in general) missed some top notch chances. Good on the Flyers for taking advantage, but we need less this game and more the Ottawa game going forward.

Kadri is a freaking moron; I know he wasn't a part of this game but it's still true.

Emery terrifies me. The announcer is going on and on about his rebound control and I'm watching Emery thinking, "Oh god, what if he tries to fight me."

Pens played a real good game but just didn't get it tonight. I don't think we controlled the game - we definitely owned part of it, but part of it not so much.

Emery can be either really good or not so much, not totally shocked that he did what he did. Seen him do that before and I've seen several goalies do that to the Pens this season.

Really surprised by the way Tanner Glass has played this season, last year he was my least favorite Penguin, this year he's been a stud, can't hate on his game at all.

Yeah, Disco did have a nice fancy pen, I guess the Pens have good pens?

Good game once again, you guys deserved the W last night.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, appreciate it. Just wish we didn't have too many games like this like we do.

It's a long season, every team goes through slumps, you just hope to minimize them the best you can