• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny with a hat trick in his debut. Provorov with 2 goals and 3 assists in his return

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny with a hat trick in his debut. Provorov with 2 goals and 3 assists in his return

Came to post the same thing haha!

I love our prospect pool.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost as interested in how Hexy is going to clear room for the prospects. I know that this season is a holding pattern and how and who is going to be moved is really as interesting as how they play night to night

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am almost as interested in how Hexy is going to clear room for the prospects. I know that this season is a holding pattern and how and who is going to be moved is really as interesting as how they play night to night

I don't think he really needs to clear any room actually. That is the beauty of it. Yes, MacDonald needs to go somewhere, but otherwise, we don't have a single defender signed beyond next season. So, there's plenty of room for Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim and Morin all to be with the Flyers in about 21 months. Hextall is adamant that these guys won't be rushed to the Nhl and I believe that.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he really needs to clear any room actually. That is the beauty of it. Yes, MacDonald needs to go somewhere, but otherwise, we don't have a single defender signed beyond next season. So, there's plenty of room for Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim and Morin all to be with the Flyers in about 21 months. Hextall is adamant that these guys won't be rushed to the Nhl and I believe that.

More concerned with roster room...the cap space is not an issue.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More concerned with roster room...the cap space is not an issue.

Only 15 of the 22 on our current roster are signed for next season, so I don't see an issue there either. 23 is the max obviously, so we could call someone up now even. Or, we could potentially see someone like Morin for the last 9 games of the season if we do manage to fall from the playoff race.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 15 of the 22 on our current roster are signed for next season, so I don't see an issue there either. 23 is the max obviously, so we could call someone up now even. Or, we could potentially see someone like Morin for the last 9 games of the season if we do manage to fall from the playoff race.

We could see Morin at any time. One year of his ELC is getting burned in the AHL anyway, so the 9 game thing isn't viable. According to Meltzer, he's progressing, just slowly, which was expected. He may get some games down the stretch if the Flyers and Phantoms are both out of it though. From the looks of things, all the Junior players will make their respective playoffs so I don't think we'll see any of them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if this is really meaningful, but if Hagg doesn't pan out in the grand scheme of things, I think we're still comfortable with Ghost, Sanheim, Provorov and Morin moving forward. Gudas and Del Zotto are young enough too that they could still be here in a few years.

Agreed. And one thing that isn't mentioned in any of the articles I've read about it, it was the Phantoms 3rd game in 3 nights, the 4th time they've done that this season. Hagg also wasn't the only new 'healthy' scratch for that game. This could just be rest.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could see Morin at any time. One year of his ELC is getting burned in the AHL anyway, so the 9 game thing isn't viable. According to Meltzer, he's progressing, just slowly, which was expected. He may get some games down the stretch if the Flyers and Phantoms are both out of it though. From the looks of things, all the Junior players will make their respective playoffs so I don't think we'll see any of them.
If we had Morin on the team we could at the very least make use of him by letting him do some fighting and let Simmer off the hook with his two instigators hew has already suspension is next.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We probably will at one point either trade away another defender and have an injury or have two injuries at the same time and then we'll see him. I don't expect that anytime soon, but we'll see.

I do expect him to make the team in training camp next season though. These are still really young guys though compared to Ghost, who will be turning 23 in April, so maybe he stays in the Ahl for longer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably will at one point either trade away another defender and have an injury or have two injuries at the same time and then we'll see him. I don't expect that anytime soon, but we'll see.

I do expect him to make the team in training camp next season though. These are still really young guys though compared to Ghost, who will be turning 23 in April, so maybe he stays in the Ahl for longer.

My money is on Provorov out of camp. I think Sanheim and Morin are the top pair in Lehigh Valley to start the season.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And one thing that isn't mentioned in any of the articles I've read about it, it was the Phantoms 3rd game in 3 nights, the 4th time they've done that this season. Hagg also wasn't the only new 'healthy' scratch for that game. This could just be rest.
It's really not a bad thing to let a young guy watch a game from above every now and then. This is only his 2nd year in professional/north American hockey.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanheim and Provorov got in to a tussle last night after Provorov crushed one of Sanheim's teammates (looked pretty clean to me). They just wrestled for the most part, both got 2 for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct. Fazleev (0 pts) also got 2+10 as part of the same scuffle.

Provorov's (1A) Wheat Kings won 6-3 over Sanheim's Hitmen (0 pts)