• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just don't see a fit for him. If you bump Hartnell off of the 1st line, I think they'd need a Hartnell-type banger/scorer to replace him. If Akeson is on the 2nd line with either Schenn/Simmonds or Vinny/Simmonds, that would be a TERRIBLE line defensively. He doesn't fit in theory with Couts/Read, either. That line was invisible offensively when paired together, and Akeson is far from a shut-down player.

Barring acquiring a new winger for the 2nd line, which is the best option, I wouldn't mind seeing him with schenn and Simmonds for a bit. As long as schenn and Simmonds are on a line together, it's probably going to suck defensively anyway haha. It certainly wasn't stout with Vinny on it this year.

And I thought he was OK with read and costs too. They weren't dynamic offensively, but they did provide a little pop. I thought that was the flyers best line most of the Rangers series.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring acquiring a new winger for the 2nd line, which is the best option, I wouldn't mind seeing him with schenn and Simmonds for a bit. As long as schenn and Simmonds are on a line together, it's probably going to suck defensively anyway haha. It certainly wasn't stout with Vinny on it this year.

And I thought he was OK with read and costs too. They weren't dynamic offensively, but they did provide a little pop. I thought that was the flyers best line most of the Rangers series.

Agreed. I think he is a very good fit with Coots/Read. He didn't seem to be liability on the defensive end with them and he helped that dark hole of points become respectable offensively.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Oshawa_Generals: The Oshawa Generals are pleased to announce former Spitfire Eric Wellwood as our new assistant coach!

Guess that is the end of Wellwood. Dude was fast. At least he is staying in the game

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Oshawa_Generals: The Oshawa Generals are pleased to announce former Spitfire Eric Wellwood as our new assistant coach!

Guess that is the end of Wellwood. Dude was fast. At least he is staying in the game

ya glad he can stay in the game and be on the bench. real unfortunate injury for the guy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading royals are the flyers new echl team

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas Hyka went unsigned by the Kings. Wonder if the Flyers are still interested

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas Hyka went unsigned by the Kings. Wonder if the Flyers are still interested

Good question. Hyka didn't do much in Sweden this year, and is returning to a Czech league team for next year. One scouting blurb:

"Hyka is a winger with great speed and terrific offensive instincts. Owns fine hands and puck skills, but is lacking in size and strength."

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Hatch signed to an AHL deal.. teammate of Gostisbhere's at Union this season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* Every year, there is at least one minor league player whom no one has on their Flyers NHL roster radar screen who ends up making a serious push at training camp for a job with the big club. My prediction: File the name Brandon Alderson away as a potential bottom-six darkhorse at Flyers training camp in September.

The 22-year-old winger quietly put together a strong rookie season for the Phantoms this season. Although he was the least touted of the Phantoms rookies before the season, at least in comparison to Nick Cousins and Petr Straka, Alderson ended up being the most consistent of the three first-year players over the course of the season.

Even when the goals weren't coming for him, Alderson played the game the right way. He finished the year with 14 goals and 21 points in 71 games. As a line, the trio of Cousins, veteran acquisition Derek Whitmore and Alderson came on in the second half of the season. Straka also saw time with his fellow rookies.

During the Flyers abbreviated Stanley Cup playoff run, Alderson was one of the Black Aces added to the team's extended roster. When a rookie gets that honor, it is both a reward for a job well done and also a signal that the player could have upward mobility in the organization.

Alderson has worked on improving his two-way game; a must if he is going to forge an NHL spot for himself. Further development would help his cause immensely. The righthanded shooting winger showed this season that he can use his 6-foot-3 frame effectively to win puck battles.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay...ament_id=0&leagueId=4&division_id=-1&confId=0

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2377

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* Every year, there is at least one minor league player whom no one has on their Flyers NHL roster radar screen who ends up making a serious push at training camp for a job with the big club. My prediction: File the name Brandon Alderson away as a potential bottom-six darkhorse at Flyers training camp in September.

The 22-year-old winger quietly put together a strong rookie season for the Phantoms this season. Although he was the least touted of the Phantoms rookies before the season, at least in comparison to Nick Cousins and Petr Straka, Alderson ended up being the most consistent of the three first-year players over the course of the season.

Even when the goals weren't coming for him, Alderson played the game the right way. He finished the year with 14 goals and 21 points in 71 games. As a line, the trio of Cousins, veteran acquisition Derek Whitmore and Alderson came on in the second half of the season. Straka also saw time with his fellow rookies.

During the Flyers abbreviated Stanley Cup playoff run, Alderson was one of the Black Aces added to the team's extended roster. When a rookie gets that honor, it is both a reward for a job well done and also a signal that the player could have upward mobility in the organization.

Alderson has worked on improving his two-way game; a must if he is going to forge an NHL spot for himself. Further development would help his cause immensely. The righthanded shooting winger showed this season that he can use his 6-foot-3 frame effectively to win puck battles.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Brandon Alderson NHL Salary Contract History

I saw a few of the Phantoms games and Alderson reminds me of McGinn except he's a little better skater, but not enough to surpass McGinn IMO.

I do think Oliver Lauridsen gets a serious look though.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Oliver Lauridsen gets a serious look though.

D-man prospect AHL stats:

Alt (RH) 75 gp, 26 points, -16
Lauridsen 63gp, 11 points, +1
Hagg 10gp, 4 points, +1
Ghost 2gp, 0 points, -2

Too early to say if there will even be a spot available, but looking at the stats tells me:

1) No way Ghost starts the year with the Flyers
2) Lauridsen could get a look if Grossmann or Schenn is dealt. Doubt the Flyers carry 3 pylons, though.
3) Alt's +/- is concerning, but everything I've read talks about how much he improved this year. Might get a look based on being a RH shot.
4) Hagg probably has the best chance to make the team. He played well in his stint with the Phantoms last year, and was already playing against men in Sweden.

Having said that, please don't think I'm trying to rush the prospects. If someone is ready, great. If not, I have no problem with more development time. It's doubtful ANY of those guys start the year with the Flyers, but I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't get a call-up by mid-season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-man prospect AHL stats:

Alt (RH) 75 gp, 26 points, -16
Lauridsen 63gp, 11 points, +1
Hagg 10gp, 4 points, +1
Ghost 2gp, 0 points, -2

Too early to say if there will even be a spot available, but looking at the stats tells me:

1) No way Ghost starts the year with the Flyers
2) Lauridsen could get a look if Grossmann or Schenn is dealt. Doubt the Flyers carry 3 pylons, though.
3) Alt's +/- is concerning, but everything I've read talks about how much he improved this year. Might get a look based on being a RH shot.
4) Hagg probably has the best chance to make the team. He played well in his stint with the Phantoms last year, and was already playing against men in Sweden.

Having said that, please don't think I'm trying to rush the prospects. If someone is ready, great. If not, I have no problem with more development time. It's doubtful ANY of those guys start the year with the Flyers, but I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't get a call-up by mid-season.

This. And to the callulps, I think it's pretty likely as well. There's no way the flyers go through this season as healthy as they were last season. When someone goes down on D, I would say Alt/Hagg have the upper hand unless schenn or grossmann go down in which case I think lauridsen would get the call.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. And to the callulps, I think it's pretty likely as well. There's no way the flyers go through this season as healthy as they were last season. When someone goes down on D, I would say Alt/Hagg have the upper hand unless schenn or grossmann go down in which case I think lauridsen would get the call.

Ollie has a one way contract going into next season so unless one of those young kids are ready, he's already going to be on the team

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ollie has a one way contract going into next season so unless one of those young kids are ready, he's already going to be on the team

Yeah, I think we've discussed that before. He would have to clear waivers if they sent him down. There were mixed opinions on whether or not he would clear or be claimed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think we've discussed that before. He would have to clear waivers if they sent him down. There were mixed opinions on whether or not he would clear or be claimed.

hm, did not remember that. I guess he slots in as the 7th dman then. at least for now.

i'll be honest, I would not be comfortable with lauridsen in the lineup night in and night out. in an injury situation, yes, but not as a permanent member of the top 6.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morin y croit - TVA Sports

"I want to make the team. I tasted a bit last year when I played three exhibition games. I do not go to camp as a tourist. It is certain that I want to get a place in the team, "he told the TVA Sports.

There was one year when he was drafted in the first round by the Flyers (11th overall), Morin was 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighed 203 pounds. Since then he has gained an inch and nearly 20 pounds.

"I took muscle mass. I now weigh 220 pounds. It hurts more when I hit! I also improved my skating. "

Oh my. We have a potential monster on our hands

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to make the team. I tasted a bit last year when I played three exhibition games. I do not go to camp as a tourist. It is certain that I want to get a place in the team, "he told the TVA Sports.

There was one year when he was drafted in the first round by the Flyers (11th overall), Morin was 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighed 203 pounds. Since then he has gained an inch and nearly 20 pounds.

Love it

This is what needs to be heard from a prospect,and at 6'7" 223-get this guy a roster spot for christs sake!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to make the team. I tasted a bit last year when I played three exhibition games. I do not go to camp as a tourist. It is certain that I want to get a place in the team, "he told the TVA Sports.

Love it

This is what needs to be heard from a prospect,and at 6'7" 223-get this guy a roster spot for christs sake!

how about 'earn a roster spot for christs sake' :nod: