• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess they think Morin has a higher ceiling than Schenn? not sure i agree on that one, schenn's been very up and down but i think he still has the tools to be a solid dman in the NHL, not that Morin doesnt, but i think Morin was a bit of a reach by the flyers.

what a brutal list after 9 though, mostly AHL/NHL tweeners. though i think leier and alt should be a little higher. vasilev should be too if we're going just on talent (who knows if he comes over though). those three would probably be 10, 11, 12 on my list. i don't think much of the rest have much of a potential NHL future.

13. Akeson
14. Cousins

to round out my changes haha

Luke Schenn is playing in the NHL and Morin is playing against minor leaguers. How can they even do a comparison?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Schenn is playing in the NHL and Morin is playing against minor leaguers. How can they even do a comparison?

It's the potential of Morin vs the reality of Luke Schenn. Schenn is just too slow to ever develop into much more than he is now. Morin has the POTENTIAL to be much better. No, he's not better than Schenn today, but the people doing the ranking believe he will be better than Schenn in the future.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Ghost becomes a star and as fast as possible.

me too.. watching subban just makes me drool these days.. hopefully ghost can at least be mentioned as a similar style player in the future.. not expecting him to be subban, that'd be a pretty damn lofty goal, but just a similar style would be amazing.

still wish the flyers took jordan subban instead of ghoulbourne.. what a dumb pick.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been telling myself that Ghost can hopefully be our Subban, but he'll never have the physical element. PK is built like a damn ox

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been telling myself that Ghost can hopefully be our Subban, but he'll never have the physical element. PK is built like a damn ox

I guess we'll have to settle for him being our Erik Karlsson, then! :laugh3:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* Swedish newspaper Expressen reported yesterday that the Flyers, among other teams, are scouting forward Dennis Rasmussen at the IIHF World Championships. I blogged about the team's interest in the player in late March. At the time, the Flyers had two scouts watching Rasmussen during the SHL playoff semifinals. According to the Expressen report by Mattias Ek, the Vancouver Canucks are also one of the frontrunners for Rasmussen's services.

The 23-year-old Rasmussen is a big-framed two-way forward who can play wing as well as center. His Lakers teammate, former Flyers forward Tomi Kallio, told Hockey Sverige earlier this year that he is "one hundred percent certain" that Rasmussen has what it takes to play in the NHL and will be in the NHL as soon as next season.

One of the top penalty killing forwards in the SHL, Rasmussen also ranked in the league's top 10 in scoring with 40 points (16 goals, 24 assists) while centering the top line with Kallio and Rhett Rakhshani. Rasmussen is currently playing for Team Sweden at the World Championships in Minsk, Belarus. He has dressed in two games but has played sparingly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* Swedish newspaper Expressen reported yesterday that the Flyers, among other teams, are scouting forward Dennis Rasmussen at the IIHF World Championships. I blogged about the team's interest in the player in late March. At the time, the Flyers had two scouts watching Rasmussen during the SHL playoff semifinals. According to the Expressen report by Mattias Ek, the Vancouver Canucks are also one of the frontrunners for Rasmussen's services.

The 23-year-old Rasmussen is a big-framed two-way forward who can play wing as well as center. His Lakers teammate, former Flyers forward Tomi Kallio, told Hockey Sverige earlier this year that he is "one hundred percent certain" that Rasmussen has what it takes to play in the NHL and will be in the NHL as soon as next season.

One of the top penalty killing forwards in the SHL, Rasmussen also ranked in the league's top 10 in scoring with 40 points (16 goals, 24 assists) while centering the top line with Kallio and Rhett Rakhshani. Rasmussen is currently playing for Team Sweden at the World Championships in Minsk, Belarus. He has dressed in two games but has played sparingly.

i love how active the flyers are on the undrafted free agent front

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also links to articles on Akeson and Hagg at the bottom of the article.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha that alt article kinda makes his dad sound like a douche. Wonder if he actually is.

Regardless, sounds like the flyers are pleased with his progression. The way they described him kinda reminds me of Coburn. Can skate and make fine outlet passes, but isn't going to light up the scoreboard or the opponents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akeson articles are all the same haha. Super talented offensively, not super talented otherwise. I kinda want them to let him sink or swim the first month or two of next season. Just see what he's got, might as well right?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alt is an intriguing prospect. Could be a nice sleeper in camp.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akeson articles are all the same haha. Super talented offensively, not super talented otherwise. I kinda want them to let him sink or swim the first month or two of next season. Just see what he's got, might as well right?

I agree, I just don't see a fit for him. If you bump Hartnell off of the 1st line, I think they'd need a Hartnell-type banger/scorer to replace him. If Akeson is on the 2nd line with either Schenn/Simmonds or Vinny/Simmonds, that would be a TERRIBLE line defensively. He doesn't fit in theory with Couts/Read, either. That line was invisible offensively when paired together, and Akeson is far from a shut-down player.