• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if i had to choose between cousins and mcginn i'm going with mcginn for his size. i thought cousins was supposed to be a phenomenal goal scorer with defensive liabilities? how is he going to play bottom 6 at his 5'10 180lb stature with defensive liabilities? am i thinking of the wrong guy who was supposed to be a gifted goal scorer? shouldnt he be groomed until he is ready to perform offensively?

This is why I'd rather keep Gagne if that is possible cap-wise. At this stage of his career he is a perfect third liner. He's a vet who still has a scoring touch and is responsible defensively. A third line of Gagne-Coots-Read is pretty good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'd rather keep Gagne if that is possible cap-wise. At this stage of his career he is a perfect third liner. He's a vet who still has a scoring touch and is responsible defensively. A third line of Gagne-Coots-Read is pretty good.

I love Gagne but we are still over the cap we have to make moves just to get under no less sign Gagne. i wouldnt mind that third line though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if i had to choose between cousins and mcginn i'm going with mcginn for his size. i thought cousins was supposed to be a phenomenal goal scorer with defensive liabilities? how is he going to play bottom 6 at his 5'10 180lb stature with defensive liabilities? am i thinking of the wrong guy who was supposed to be a gifted goal scorer? shouldnt he be groomed until he is ready to perform offensively?

i think cousins projects as more of a pest than a goal-scorer in the NHL.. he had a great year this year in juniors offensively, but according to everything i've read, he's as annoying as marchand and we're supposed to hope he can be as offensively gifted

6 one side, half dozen the other.. i wouldn't be bothered at all if mcginn played 3rd line over cousins next season

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gagne but we are still over the cap we have to make moves just to get under no less sign Gagne. i wouldnt mind that third line though.

i think if they move mesz to get under the cap, it sounds like the extra 2ish million saved after getting under the cap, will be enough to sign gagne and stay under.. i love gagne so i want him signed, but he really isn't NEEDED

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.lecavalier.simmonds
*****.couturier.read
talbot.hall.rinaldo
rosehill

and you have laughton, mcginn, cousins, and raffl who are all at least competing for the last spot that are already signed.. i'd REALLY like to see laughton in that spot, even though i love gagne

i also think they'll at least try lecavalier on the top line and have schenn or couturier center the second line

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if they move mesz to get under the cap, it sounds like the extra 2ish million saved after getting under the cap, will be enough to sign gagne and stay under.. i love gagne so i want him signed, but he really isn't NEEDED

hartnell.giroux.voracek
schenn.lecavalier.simmonds
*****.couturier.read
talbot.hall.rinaldo
rosehill

and you have laughton, mcginn, cousins, and raffl who are all at least competing for the last spot that are already signed.. i'd REALLY like to see laughton in that spot, even though i love gagne

i also think they'll at least try lecavalier on the top line and have schenn or couturier center the second line

I know im in the minority here but i would love to package Talbot into any deal that we make with Mezz and use one of the young kids and save even more money so we have some wiggle room during the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know im in the minority here but i would love to package Talbot into any deal that we make with Mezz and use one of the young kids and save even more money so we have some wiggle room during the season.

I'd rather just not start a rookie all season long for a change. Keeping Talbot over one of them will pay big dividends come playoff time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather just not start a rookie all season long for a change. Keeping Talbot over one of them will pay big dividends come playoff time.

If he plays like last season i dont see how that is possible but i guess i could say that about half the team

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still loathe talbot, but, he's a great third/fourth liner and a great value at <2 mil. very solid defensively, gives his all every game, and seems to be a great character guy in the locker room. i didn't think he played all that poorly last year, two years ago he just set the bar really high with his 20-goal season. keep in mind, prior to coming to the flyers, i'm pretty sure his career high in goals was 9.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still loathe talbot, but, he's a great third/fourth liner and a great value at <2 mil. very solid defensively, gives his all every game, and seems to be a great character guy in the locker room. i didn't think he played all that poorly last year, two years ago he just set the bar really high with his 20-goal season. keep in mind, prior to coming to the flyers, i'm pretty sure his career high in goals was 9.

This year there is no shortage of charachter in our locker room as we just attained two captains from other teams and i believe Rinaldo is just as good a defensive player as Talbot who draws more penalties and drops the gloves and earns a lot less. Do we really lose that much by putting Talbot in a package with Mezz and getting something decent back instead of a 5th round pick for Mezz and signing Gagne with the extra money.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year there is no shortage of charachter in our locker room as we just attained two captains from other teams and i believe Rinaldo is just as good a defensive player as Talbot who draws more penalties and drops the gloves and earns a lot less. Do we really lose that much by putting Talbot in a package with Mezz and getting something decent back instead of a 5th round pick for Mezz and signing Gagne with the extra money.

Ya I'm not totally against it for all the reasons you mentioned, I just don't wanna give him up just so someone takes me, ie, I don't wanna upshall him haha

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Talbot, I agree that he won't get close to 20 goals. That being said, every team needs/should have a Talbot.

Colonel_Forbin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New poster here, used to follow ESPN but never really posted on there.

I was wondering what people thought about moving Schenn? Hes obviously a great player and if not for the Vinny signing, he is probably our 2nd line center. But moving him sheds some payroll and also gives us the greatest return.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was wondering what people thought about moving Schenn? Hes obviously a great player and if not for the Vinny signing, he is probably our 2nd line center. But moving him sheds some payroll and also gives us the greatest return.

i don't think you make the move unless you are blown away, i think you fully commit to him playing the wing this year, he doesnt seem to have the center type game IMO. as far as his contract i would argue he hasnt done enough to warrant a raise from that absurd rookie contract he has, so unless this is his breakout year i don't think the risk is that high to have to pay him more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a year older and a new position has him earning his keep. Plus playing with Vinny as your center wont hurt either.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Schenn should be moved. The guy is going to blow up at some point. I think this is his year. And besides, do you want this guy?:10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqqwYHn8DM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Conference Call with James van Riemsdyk - YouTube[/ame]

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we traded Schenn im sure he would be better than 65th in scoring and a -7 for the year like the scrub in this interview :laugh3:

Lol. You do know that I purposely put this JVR bit to get a reaction out of you.:lol:Thanks for taking the bait my friend.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Las. I'll end it w this final clip of the gigantic mole.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71F8xViHZ1w&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How Will JVR Handle the Toronto Media? - YouTube[/ame]

I was probably one of the very few that wishes we still had JVR. However, the trade made sense and besides we have both Schenn's. I'm happy the way things turned out.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3