• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Championship

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s hitting it left and he’s a fader that tells me it was something fundamental or the dude was too relaxed. And I can see either.
He looked tight to me. Didn't have the same expression at all on his face. I suppose 4 straight bogeys will do that to you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ got to -8 and ended with -6. Losing 2 shots over the last 3 holes does seem like a collapse, but again, the wind was a big factor late...especially effecting the shot he hit on 17. That was pure right over the flag, just should been a 6i instead of a 5i and he's never been a great pressure putter.

I never felt Brooks was going to lose...even at his lowest moment (1 shot lead), he still had the lead.
And his shot into 18 was horrendous; 40 yards left of the green. He got very lucky to par that hole. On 17 Nick Faldo was all over the crowd for yelling stuff out while Johnson was still at the top of his back swing. I wonder if that had anything o do with the mishit.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked tight to me. Didn't have the same expression at all on his face. I suppose 4 straight bogeys will do that to you.

His world was caving in on him at that point. The crowd was jeering him while roars were erupting ahead of him for DJ. I can't imagine the shot of adrenaline that would shoot into my nervous system? I think the shot of tournament was the downhill 4 footer he made on his fourth bogey. He misses that putt and who knows? I do think it was rather impressive Brooks could weather that adversity so late in his round and come out on top. If it were me I'd shoot 1,000 coming in.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His world was caving in on him at that point. The crowd was jeering him while roars were erupting ahead of him for DJ. I can't imagine the shot of adrenaline that would shoot into my nervous system? I think the shot of tournament was the downhill 4 footer he made on his fourth bogey. He misses that putt and who knows? I do think it was rather impressive Brooks could weather that adversity so late in his round and come out on top. If it were me I'd shoot 1,000 coming in.
He is my favorite by far. I hope he wins the U.S. Open as well.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is my favorite by far. I hope he wins the U.S. Open as well.

It's going to be super interesting to see how he does on the West Coast. It's a very different type of golf and somewhere we haven't seen him win yet. Pebble isn't a bomber's paradise, but Brooks is very lethal with his irons and putter. I think there's going to be some shorter hitters able to keep up with him there but obviously Brooks will be the guy to beat. Hoping to see Tiger get back in the mix at the top for another showdown. Brooks is one of the only golfers I've seen that doesn't cave to Tiger's on-course presence when challenging.

Edit: There was #12 at Augusta this year, so never mind lol.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Keopka should kiss Jenna before every round.... He didn't and almost lost it after being up 7! With that said, I am sure that "non" kiss is being blown way out of proportion but man did Jenna look pissed off! I am sure Brooks had to make up for that one on Sunday night

Hats of to DJ for making it one hell of a tourney!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a decent golfer but there are times when my A game leaves me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil looks ready for the Champions Tour.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but that's what I learned on. I feel like it made me a better hitter, instead of starting on cavity backs and then switching. The lofts are off by about 2 clubs compared to modern gear, though

When you have a sweet spot that small you have to have certain fundamentals to be consistent. Blades make you either a player or very pissed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a fader. Sometimes you get to the range and you’re hitting a draw out of nowhere. It happens. You can’t just chalk it all on nerves. Everyone has nerves and it’s always at play. This is the 2-time reining US Open champ
here where the greens are table tops and rough is brutal.

Hitting it left could mean a lot of things. Hands releasing too much, too early. Maybe he was taking it inside slightly on his takeaway. Maybe his transition at the top was quick and not crisp. Or maybe his right hand was just too strong.

Playing with a lead like that ain’t easy and there so many variables at play. Honestly the dude might have actually been too relaxed — he’s won back
to back PGAs and US Open.. lol he’s been there before. Loosey Goosey is actually better to move the ball left cuz you’re getting thru quick with your hands VS hanging on tight with that left hand and hitting a fade for a righty

I'm not saying he lost his swing and had a two way miss going. At the same time, I don't think he was missing left because he was too relaxed...he's said it himself, 'I was choking the tourney away'. The crowd shifting their support to DJ kind of fired him up he said.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he lost his swing and had a two way miss going. At the same time, I don't think he was missing left because he was too relaxed...he's said it himself, 'I was choking the tourney away'. The crowd shifting their support to DJ kind of fired him up he said.

But he didn’t say he was choking the tournament away because he was nervous. The dude has been there before and has been pretty much dominating the majors.

He bogeyed 4 in a row on the back 9. Big deal. He had a big lead. And then he made pars on the last 3 of 4. Whatever happened he fixed it enough to win. Period

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn’t say he was choking the tournament away because he was nervous. The dude has been there before and has been pretty much dominating the majors.

He bogeyed 4 in a row on the back 9. Big deal. He had a big lead. And then he made pars on the last 3 of 4. Whatever happened he fixed it enough to win. Period

I'm more on the same page...aside from injury, it really doesn't matter what the reasons for the bogeys were, as you said, he got it done in the end, but if you're not a little nervous at all, from my experience, the outcome is not that important.

Back several yrs ago when I was a little better player than I am now (8 index) I played a lot of golf with the same crew....but every year most of this same crew traveled to a site and played a 72, (eventually shortened to 54) hole tournament...there was a 28" tall trophy and a bit of $ on the line. The main prize was the trophy, if you win your name, course, and yr was permanently engraved on the base and you got to keep it for the whole year.

I was a little nervous every year playing that tourney...the stakes were just higher. I'm playing a in 28 man tourney next week...I'm sure I'll be a little nervous to start that tourney as well.

I'm not saying he was shaking in his boots and that was the reason he lost a 7/8 shot lead...the weather, and the pressure of trying to close out his 4th major had to be a factor on some level.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that anyone could be critical of Koepka. The guy lead for all four rounds and had a slight hiccup on the last nine holes. If it was Tiger everyone except Montelban would be singing his praises.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that anyone could be critical of Koepka. The guy lead for all four rounds and had a slight hiccup on the last nine holes. If it was Tiger everyone except Montelban would be singing his praises.

I'm not sure anyone is being critical, but when you take a 7 shot lead into a final round and you only win by 2 not everyone is going to be going gaga over that.

I think the guy is great for golf...we get a guy that was not a blueblood, took a different route to the PGAT by earning his Euro tour card and making it that way. Also played other sports, showed you can lift weights be a jock and play golf at the highest level.

He is the new rabbit for those guys and I'm loving it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not critical of Koepka at all. I'm critical of those who started typing it's over on Thursday afternoon.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not critical of Koepka at all. I'm critical of those who started typing it's over on Thursday afternoon.

When you have the golf mindset ....you know better.
In almost all sports, when you have the ball ...you think "this is what I'm going to do"

In golf, bad shot are so common your first thought is "This is what I don't want to do"

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be super interesting to see how he does on the West Coast. It's a very different type of golf and somewhere we haven't seen him win yet. Pebble isn't a bomber's paradise, but Brooks is very lethal with his irons and putter. I think there's going to be some shorter hitters able to keep up with him there but obviously Brooks will be the guy to beat. Hoping to see Tiger get back in the mix at the top for another showdown. Brooks is one of the only golfers I've seen that doesn't cave to Tiger's on-course presence when challenging.

Edit: There was #12 at Augusta this year, so never mind lol.

Don't forget about the great Y.E. Yang who hit this unbelievable shot right in Tigers face.

Goes on to be the first Asian born winner of a golf major. 2009 PGA Champ.