• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Championship

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit a power fade..some call it a slice, but power fade sounds much better.

I'm going to try relaxing that left hand a little more and see if i can draw the ball. I do have a tendency to grip too tight and that does result in a slice...I mean power fade. My thought at the top of the back swing is relax the hands, but i think there are times I clamp down before impact.

Make sure your hands are low at address. By your nuts that will help get thru the ball as well.

And get this... will help make sure your hands are in the right spot. That’ll be $50 vCash please I’m hurtin!!

StyleZ 2Pcs Right-Handed Golf Swing Training Grip Trainer Black

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a pic of that link. I use this thing all the time helps a lot —
Any kind of golfer

6DD15958-80F8-4AFE-AC6F-A41F94BD8F24.png

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks score card 11-18

Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Par.

Yea, very very tough conditions, no question.
But you can't tell me a closing stretch like that is all "conditions"

Well when winds are swirling 30+ mph on one of the hardest 9 hole set ups in the world, it’s not unfathomable that a stretch like that could happen. I’m sure nerves were in play, but your mistakes are compounded when the conditions are that tough. The guy held off Tiger last year on the back 9 and played flawless doing so, so I’m more inclined to say his nerves weren’t as big a factor as some are making it out to be. But it’s also hard in sports to maintain a big lead. We see this in all sports, jump out to a seemingly insurmountable lead it’s hard to keep the foot on the accelerator. You’re inevitably going to come back to the field or team you’re crushing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep mentioning U.S. Opens and last year's PGA? We're talking about what happened yesterday.

Because he’s been there before??? US Open back to back champ. Lmao. Where the greens are faster and rough is thicker?

He had a rough stretch it happens man especially when you try to coast on a lead. Last time I’m telling u

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when winds are swirling 30+ mph on one of the hardest 9 hole set ups in the world, it’s not unfathomable that a stretch like that could happen. I’m sure nerves were in play, but your mistakes are compounded when the conditions are that tough. The guy held off Tiger last year on the back 9 and played flawless doing so, so I’m more inclined to say his nerves weren’t as big a factor as some are making it out to be. But it’s also hard in sports to maintain a big lead. We see this in all sports, jump out to a seemingly insurmountable lead it’s hard to keep the foot on the accelerator. You’re inevitably going to come back to the field or team you’re crushing.

I just don't understand why some of you keep arguing.

I’m sure nerves were in play,

You're saying the same thing yourselves.

Of course it's hard to hold a lead but I wouldn't have made four bogeys in a row like Koepka.

I'd have thoroughly shit the bed and lost!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget when Sergio Garcia had the yips and kept gripping and re-gripping his club and couldn't hit a shot last time they were at Beth Page and you could hear fans screaming "Hit the ball Sergio" in their effed up New York accents. It was funny. The stuff they pulled on Koepka was weak though.

Now that was classic. He still is figgity with his hands.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a little to cocky perhaps. With a 7-shot lead he could have started hitting irons off the tee, but then it is his confidence in himself which makes him so good so I'm not surprised he continued to think he could correct the driver. I hope he, or Mickelson, win the U.S. Open

If he’s hitting it left and he’s a fader that tells me it was something fundamental or the dude was too relaxed. And I can see either.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit a power fade..some call it a slice, but power fade sounds much better.

Same here...I didn't always know what it was called until I read Ben Hogan's book

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here...I didn't always know what it was called until I read Ben Hogan's book

That book is the Bible for golf man. Ledbetter and Harmon base everything off that book. Another must have for a golfer

Hogan hit more balls than anyone ever on this planet. Dude hit balls in the dark with headlights from his car

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was going to blow it. I didn't expect Johnson to get within a stroke with three holes to go and then completely collapse.

Well DJ got to -8 and ended with -6. Losing 2 shots over the last 3 holes does seem like a collapse, but again, the wind was a big factor late...especially effecting the shot he hit on 17. That was pure right over the flag, just should been a 6i instead of a 5i and he's never been a great pressure putter.

I never felt Brooks was going to lose...even at his lowest moment (1 shot lead), he still had the lead.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it though...

Brooksi is a laid back cat. Has a huge lead and he was probably too relaxed vs all nervous.

Makes way more sense to me. Did he almost choke? Sure

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure your hands are low at address. By your nuts that will help get thru the ball as well.

And get this... will help make sure your hands are in the right spot. That’ll be $50 vCash please I’m hurtin!!

StyleZ 2Pcs Right-Handed Golf Swing Training Grip Trainer Black

I'm old, i don't think it's possible to get my hands a low as my balls

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a video on keeping the hands low, going outside to practice.

Thanks @SJ76

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let them “hang naturally”. Error on the low side.

Not your balls. Your hands

That’s another $50 vCash please / thank u

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why some of you keep arguing.

I’m sure nerves were in play,

You're saying the same thing yourselves.

Of course it's hard to hold a lead but I wouldn't have made four bogeys in a row like Koepka.

I'd have thoroughly shit the bed and lost!

Who's arguing? It's difference of opinion and I think we're just discussing it. I think you're in the camp it was more nerves than course conditions and @SJ76 are myself in the belief it was more course conditions than nerves. Somebody else mentioned and I'm paraphrasing "look at his last 8 holes and the amount of bogeys compared to the rest of the tournament", welllllll the conditions were nowhere ever close to as tough. I think we can all agree it was a little bit of both, which was more is up for debate.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That book is the Bible for golf man. Ledbetter and Harmon base everything off that book. Another must have for a golfer

Hogan hit more balls than anyone ever on this planet. Dude hit balls in the dark with headlights from his car

When I started getting interested in golf, that's the first book I got. Not long after, I lucked into purchasing a set of 61 Hogan blades.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I started getting interested in golf, that's the first book I got. Not long after, I lucked into purchasing a set of 61 Hogan blades.

Ooooooo saweeet

I had some 1984 PC blades I hit for awhile after high school. Then got the 1999 hogan blades — last time they made them. Hitting titleist MBs now. Their pretty sick

But the old hogan blades are da bomb. Some look weird and some look sweet. Not easy to hit tho

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's arguing? It's difference of opinion and I think we're just discussing it. I think you're in the camp it was more nerves than course conditions and @SJ76 are myself in the belief it was more course conditions than nerves. Somebody else mentioned and I'm paraphrasing "look at his last 8 holes and the amount of bogeys compared to the rest of the tournament", welllllll the conditions were nowhere ever close to as tough. I think we can all agree it was a little bit of both, which was more is up for debate.

Like i said earlier.... I think he was too relaxed and on cruise. Dude had a big lead. Has he ever had a lead like that in a major? Going in to Saturday or Sunday? I can’t remember.

It’s a first for him.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooooo saweeet

I had some 1984 PC blades I hit for awhile after high school. Then got the 1999 hogan blades — last time they made them. Hitting titleist MBs now. Their pretty sick

But the old hogan blades are da bomb. Some look weird and some look sweet. Not easy to hit tho

Nope, but that's what I learned on. I feel like it made me a better hitter, instead of starting on cavity backs and then switching. The lofts are off by about 2 clubs compared to modern gear, though