• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton the backup

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak just confirmed in his press conference today that Peyton is going to practice with the team and barring any setback will be suited up for the San Diego game as an available backup to Brock. I realize that this is the natural extension of what Kube's has been saying all along but hearing it for the first time was pretty crazy.

It will be interesting to see how Peyton's practice time with the team goes and how he'll respond to being available but relegated to the backup role. I believe the Broncos are more concerned about negotiating Brock's future contract than they are in getting Manning back in the starting role.

Having Peyton as our backup is a great comfort heading into the playoffs but it's going to create a shit-storm with the media. Crazy times for our Broncos.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak just confirmed in his press conference today that Peyton is going to practice with the team and barring any setback will be suited up for the San Diego game as an available backup to Brock. I realize that this is the natural extension of what Kube's has been saying all along but hearing it for the first time was pretty crazy.

It will be interesting to see how Peyton's practice time with the team goes and how he'll respond to being available but relegated to the backup role. I believe the Broncos are more concerned about negotiating Brock's future contract than they are in getting Manning back in the starting role.

Having Peyton as our backup is a great comfort heading into the playoffs but it's going to create a shit-storm with the media. Crazy times for our Broncos.

Worse - even - than the Tebow perfect storm? Tebow was a circus - a church revival - running a weekly soap opera for every game - and succeeding in the most improbable ways. It was a thrill ride for me as a fan.

Manning suited up and on the side lines - (just toying with the idea) - would I think make the Broncos pretty strong looking to the opposition - trying to get ready for the game and having to prepare game plans for each QB.
I hope Oz runs up some points and Manning gets some snaps.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me the great thing though is that Osweiler has helped his cause. Let's say the team barely squeaked into the playoffs and he had at best a .500 record. There would be people going crazy. Instead Osweiler has gone out and lead the team to some huge 4th quarter comebacks against some of the best teams in the league. No he hasn't looked perfect by any means but I do think more and more the media are seeing that Osweiler really is the best option for us moving forward this season.

There are still going to be those people saying Manning should get his shot and that he deserves another shot but I think that voice is getting a little quieter the more Osweiler plays.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the great thing though is that Osweiler has helped his cause. Let's say the team barely squeaked into the playoffs and he had at best a .500 record. There would be people going crazy. Instead Osweiler has gone out and lead the team to some huge 4th quarter comebacks against some of the best teams in the league. No he hasn't looked perfect by any means but I do think more and more the media are seeing that Osweiler really is the best option for us moving forward this season.

There are still going to be those people saying Manning should get his shot and that he deserves another shot but I think that voice is getting a little quieter the more Osweiler plays.

Yeah, I heard Peter King on the radio today and he still believes that Peyton is going to come in as the starter at some point and save the day. He's one of the last holdouts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard Peter King on the radio today and he still believes that Peyton is going to come in as the starter at some point and save the day. He's one of the last holdouts.

That one makes sense. They are actually really good friends from what I understand. If Peyton was a friend of mine then yeah I would be working to defend him especially in this time with all the craziness around HGH and Peyton. Now honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see him come in at some point. Osweiler has taken a beating since he came in as the starter. Some of that is the OL and some of it is the way Osweiler plays the game. So yeah wouldn't surprise me if Osweiler gets knocked out of a game for a while or say that we need Peyton to come in and start for one game in the playoffs while Osweiler rests up. I mean we could have a Tom Brady/Drew Bledsoe situation in the playoffs where Brady got hurt in the AFC Championship game and Bledsoe came in and won the game but then Brady was the starter for the Super Bowl. I do think Peyton could have one more good game in him.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse - even - than the Tebow perfect storm? Tebow was a circus - a church revival - running a weekly soap opera for every game - and succeeding in the most improbable ways. It was a thrill ride for me as a fan.

Manning suited up and on the side lines - (just toying with the idea) - would I think make the Broncos pretty strong looking to the opposition - trying to get ready for the game and having to prepare game plans for each QB.
I hope Oz runs up some points and Manning gets some snaps.
I imagine a scenario where it's the start of the 4th quarter, Brock has already built up a big lead, and after another big stop by the defense, the cameras pan over to Manning, grabbing his helmet and standing up only to watch Osweiler trot back onto the field......

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was what, 15 degrees at kickoff on Monday night ??

This isn't 2005, and it isn't indoor climate controlled football