• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning doesn't want to retire

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we'd know so we could move on. Tired of thinking/talking about it as this point.
Only a few more days before the Broncos move on, at least we know that much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a few more days before the Broncos move on, at least we know that much.

My one worry in all of this is Manning on Tuesday will say he still hasn't made up his mind and needs more time. He will force the Broncos' hand in the situation. To me no one looks good in that situation.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one worry in all of this is Manning on Tuesday will say he still hasn't made up his mind and needs more time. He will force the Broncos' hand in the situation. To me no one looks good in that situation.
I don't think Denver looks bad if they decide to cut him. They gave him as much time as they could, and at the end of the day it's still a business. He'll probably be signing a one day contract with the Colts anyway when he does retire.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it was the D that won those game so you need to keep as many pieces as possible .. So that meansthe QB needs to make less .. I guess we will see soon enough if manning wants to play or get paid.. Or win and not worry abut quite as much money ..

Good god he Owens 21 poppa johns in the Denver area .. it is safe to say with all the pot heads in the state buying pot it is safe to say they want pizza to take on the long ride out of the state..

sorry but Poppa Johns is one of the worst pizzas out there. it is as bad as pizza hut and dominos. YUCK!~

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Denver looks bad if they decide to cut him. They gave him as much time as they could, and at the end of the day it's still a business. He'll probably be signing a one day contract with the Colts anyway when he does retire.

True...I still have heard some say the idea of the Broncos cutting a legend like Manning just doesn't look right. For me though I view it in as much as he has done for the Broncos I would say they have done just as much for him. I mean his worst year as a Bronco we go and win a Super Bowl. He has had teams in the past like the 2013 Broncos where he played incredible all year but the team around him failed. This was just one of those very opposite moments. So yeah for me I don't view it as it would look bad for the Broncos but I do know some of the national media are viewing it somewhat that way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where to put this but Rahim Moore was just cut by the Texans. Only played in 7 games after getting a 3-year/$12 million contract. Where for the Broncos they signed his replacement for a 2-year/$5 million deal and he greatly outplayed him. Elway really does seem to have a great eye for who to keep and who to let go knowing he can get a cheaper replacement with at least equal production.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...I still have heard some say the idea of the Broncos cutting a legend like Manning just doesn't look right. For me though I view it in as much as he has done for the Broncos I would say they have done just as much for him. I mean his worst year as a Bronco we go and win a Super Bowl. He has had teams in the past like the 2013 Broncos where he played incredible all year but the team around him failed. This was just one of those very opposite moments. So yeah for me I don't view it as it would look bad for the Broncos but I do know some of the national media are viewing it somewhat that way.
The "team around him failed?"

Wow.....

He was just so good in that game!!!! Yeeeahhh!!! He was just sooooo goood!

All of those pretty passing numbers!!!! Yeeeahhh!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "team around him failed?"

Wow.....

He was just so good in that game!!!! Yeeeahhh!!! He was just sooooo goood!

All of those pretty passing numbers!!!! Yeeeahhh!

I'm not saying Manning was perfect by any means. I would put more of the loss on the defense and probably most on the OL for that game. I guess you could say Adam Gase as well as he called a terrible game that day completely abandoning the run game even before the game got out of hand. Yes Manning deserves some of the blame but that was just a down right bad game for just about everybody involved.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy's Law that day from the opening snap. I was sick to my stomach for like 10 days.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Manning was perfect by any means. I would put more of the loss on the defense and probably most on the OL for that game. I guess you could say Adam Gase as well as he called a terrible game that day completely abandoning the run game even before the game got out of hand. Yes Manning deserves some of the blame but that was just a down right bad game for just about everybody involved.
CD, let me enlighten you about the facts regarding those pass happy offenses. I am sure you have read this before and you verify these facts if you like.

Top 10 most prolific passing offenses in the history of the game, only one won the Super Bowl. The 1999 Rams, where they won their NFCCG 11 to 6. Which means that offense was also figured out by a play off caliber defense. It happens nearly every time.

A QB still has not had 600 pass attempts and went on to win the super bowl.

Peyton Manning has always been a one dimensional QB. He btw pretty much calls his own plays, so putting that game on Gase is a little ridiculous imo.

The Broncos in that game were suffering key injuries. Clady, starting center, Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Vickerson, Chris Harris, among others.

That may have played a factor. The misuse of the talent all year on defense was also a problem.

The fact is Peyton Manning has had 9 one and does for a reason.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everybody besides Trevathan, Knighton, and DT had a terrible game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, let me enlighten you about the facts regarding those pass happy offenses. I am sure you have read this before and you verify these facts if you like.

Top 10 most prolific passing offenses in the history of the game, only one won the Super Bowl. The 1999 Rams, where they won their NFCCG 11 to 6. Which means that offense was also figured out by a play off caliber defense. It happens nearly every time.

A QB still has not had 600 pass attempts and went on to win the super bowl.

Peyton Manning has always been a one dimensional QB. He btw pretty much calls his own plays, so putting that game on Gase is a little ridiculous imo.

The Broncos in that game were suffering key injuries. Clady, starting center, Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Vickerson, Chris Harris, among others.

That may have played a factor. The misuse of the talent all year on defense was also a problem.

The fact is Peyton Manning has had 9 one and does for a reason.

I'm not arguing that trying to win the Super Bowl with a high profile offense is the best way to go. I'm saying Manning has had some great years individually that were derailed not so much because of Manning but because of other decisions. I remember I think it was a divisional playoff game where Manning drove the field and gave the Colts the lead. Everything looked great until their coach decided to call some phantom Time Out for no reason at all giving the Jets an extra play which they used to hit on a long play and then kick the game winning field goal. Without the time out things look much differently.

There are other examples like that. Now given Manning has had his games of struggle as well.

As for the Super Bowl I can guarantee you Gase was a problem. This has been confirmed by the yelling match between him and Gibbs where Gibbs was screaming at him to run the football and Gase refused. This has been confirmed by other players of that team commenting about how after the Super Bowl Gase went around and apologized to every offensive player for how terrible of a game he called and how he refused to run the football. You can believe what you want but Gase was a huge part of the playcalling. Now yes Manning could have checked more often to an actual run play but we know that Manning isn't going to do that. To me that is a coaches responsibility to help keep a QB from going too crazy. We know that most QB's if they had their choice would be throwing every single play if they could. At least the good ones want to have the game on their back. Just look at this last Super Bowl in Kubiak told Manning to run it 3 straight times by the goal line towards the end of the game. Manning audibled to a pass play. Kubiak figured out what he did and ran down the sideline to call a timeout. That is how an OC/HC really makes a difference with their ingame playcalling. To me that was part of the problem with the old coaching staff in they put way too much on Manning. They got lazy and just figured the HOF QB would lead them where they needed to go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Zane Beadles has been released by the Jaguars. Crazy to see all these former Broncos getting cut so early into contracts.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that trying to win the Super Bowl with a high profile offense is the best way to go. I'm saying Manning has had some great years individually that were derailed not so much because of Manning but because of other decisions. I remember I think it was a divisional playoff game where Manning drove the field and gave the Colts the lead. Everything looked great until their coach decided to call some phantom Time Out for no reason at all giving the Jets an extra play which they used to hit on a long play and then kick the game winning field goal. Without the time out things look much differently.

There are other examples like that. Now given Manning has had his games of struggle as well.

As for the Super Bowl I can guarantee you Gase was a problem. This has been confirmed by the yelling match between him and Gibbs where Gibbs was screaming at him to run the football and Gase refused. This has been confirmed by other players of that team commenting about how after the Super Bowl Gase went around and apologized to every offensive player for how terrible of a game he called and how he refused to run the football. You can believe what you want but Gase was a huge part of the playcalling. Now yes Manning could have checked more often to an actual run play but we know that Manning isn't going to do that. To me that is a coaches responsibility to help keep a QB from going too crazy. We know that most QB's if they had their choice would be throwing every single play if they could. At least the good ones want to have the game on their back. Just look at this last Super Bowl in Kubiak told Manning to run it 3 straight times by the goal line towards the end of the game. Manning audibled to a pass play. Kubiak figured out what he did and ran down the sideline to call a timeout. That is how an OC/HC really makes a difference with their ingame playcalling. To me that was part of the problem with the old coaching staff in they put way too much on Manning. They got lazy and just figured the HOF QB would lead them where they needed to go.
Not saying dynamic offenses are bad. I am saying one dimensional offenses are fools gold. Balance is the key.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying dynamic offenses are bad. I am saying one dimensional offenses are fools gold. Balance is the key.

I agree with that. One of the reasons I was so excited about Kubiak being back in Denver. We became accustomed to having a dynamic run game to compliment a good pass game. This last year didn't seem to quite click but I just really don't think they had the right pieces. The starting LT and RT go down early on, we have a RG more accustomed to a PBS, a Center that just came off the practice squad to make his first start, and much more. Then you add Manning not being a great fit and our RB's especially struggling early on to figure out how best to run in this system. I think they still struggled most of the year to figure it out. To me this is why Ronnie Hillman is for sure gone even though he was our leading rusher. he tried to bounce things outside way too often and wow was that a major fail most of the time. He had some incredible cut back lanes that just had me yelling at the tv that he could have easily gotten 5-10 yards if he just saw the proper hole. I can't imagine Gibbs handling things too well when those guys would get to the sideline.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where to post this but if Manning and Brock leave Denver may in a world of hurt at the QB position in terms of continuity. Baltimore in 2001 replaced both Banks and Dilfer from the year before with Grabac. . Billick said in hindsight this was a mistake thinking could upgrade in term of talent and ride the defense again.

Interesting comments

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to go sell pizzas in LA for the Rams.