• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter king giving us some love...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me it'll be pressure before coverage, we'll need both but more on pressure. not only pressure against Green Bay, but any opponent in the play-offs.

I think the key against the Packers is excellent coverage, because Rodgers is looking to get rid of the ball as quick as possible. Excellent coverage will give Justin, Aldon, Soap, and RayMac and whoever else may blitz, time to actually get there. Because, from what I've seen of Packer games, it isn't so much the pressure that gets Rodgers it's not letting him get rid of it quickly which is his comfort zone.

For instance when the Bears slowed down Rodgers the last few years, it was because of great coverage which made Rodgers wait for plays to develop, and while he waited, Peppers and company did their job and applied the pressure. If the coverage wasn't there, Rodgers gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key against the Packers is excellent coverage, because Rodgers is looking to get rid of the ball as quick as possible. Excellent coverage will give Justin, Aldon, Soap, and RayMac and whoever else may blitz, time to actually get there. Because, from what I've seen of Packer games, it isn't so much the pressure that gets Rodgers it's not letting him get rid of it quickly which is his comfort zone.

For instance when the Bears slowed down Rodgers the last few years, it was because of great coverage which made Rodgers wait for plays to develop, and while he waited, Peppers and company did their job and applied the pressure. If the coverage wasn't there, Rodgers gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds.

Interesting take, you say better coverage is the most ideal gameplan vs the Pack? rather than sustaining pressure?

I can see that and understand it, that would be the front 4 would need to be relentless in pursuing the QB.... (lions, giants, 49ers...)

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
threelittlebirds;1326133[B said:
]I think the key against the Packers is excellent coverage,[/B] because Rodgers is looking to get rid of the ball as quick as possible. Excellent coverage will give Justin, Aldon, Soap, and RayMac and whoever else may blitz, time to actually get there. Because, from what I've seen of Packer games, it isn't so much the pressure that gets Rodgers it's not letting him get rid of it quickly which is his comfort zone.

It's all about pressure on the quarterback.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely!

Something else that should never be underestimated - is more cowbell!!!

I've got to Rep that, '83!

I got a fever!

Hahah right back at ya bud.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the point where Rodgers' complete focus is not down the field and is instead on the pass rushers are and where they are coming from because he is afraid he's going to get hit again.

And how do you know how much that is if we haven't played them?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to worry about it until we do play them and then the evidence of whether or not we're getting enough pressure will be very apparent.

So I guess your "observation" was from the future?